The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15582Likes

Originally Posted by Cerendipity
*gavemeaheartattack*
Cerendipity and CocoT like this.
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Going to a baby shower tomorrow for a big LSU fan so decided to crochet baby and mama hats. not quite done so I will be up late cooking and working on it. Anybody looking for new patterns definitely check out YT. Those patterns in books confuse me. I have to see someone do it.

Originally Posted by adthomas
I so wanna learn to crochet. When I used to ride metro there was this lady that used to crochet and she used to make the most interesting things! I just wanna make cute hats...lol.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
I hate it when someone asks me what i have planned for the weekend. I feel like it's a trap. What if I say nothing and you want me to do something i dont want to do? What if i think i dont want to do what you want to do so i tell you i have plans and then you end up doing something i wanted to do?

-on this phone that makes it too hard to capitalize letters.
Originally Posted by NaturallyCJ
'I'm not sure yet. Why?'
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!

That's interesting...I wonder where he is from. Obviously this video isn't totally wrong, but ime I have more black people asking me "what I am" than white people...
Originally Posted by CurlyElectra
Highland Park, CA. And if I wasn't married I'd go there..convert him to Judaism and marry him. Totally crushing on him. Can you say stalker much...
Originally Posted by *Marah*
I'm runnin' off to tell my brother!
(Marah's husband is my long lost brother)
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
SHEESH..do you have to run tattle that..I like one guy BESIDES "yo brother" in almost 20 years..and here he got spies (you) trying to c*ck block.

IDGF! That guy is so freakin' cute and I haven't had a crush in like eons..I'm enjoying this..and Imma keep watching The Online Gamer and having my sick twisted little dark fantasies about this hot little number from Highland Park. And stalking him from a distance.

Um..does it count though that I'd be thinking of "yo brother" when I'm with the guy in the video..they pretty much have the same eye color..so when I'm looking in his eyes..I'd certainly be reminded of "yo brother".

I mean..gosh what more do you people want from me! Stop c*ck blockin!
Going to a baby shower tomorrow for a big LSU fan so decided to crochet baby and mama hats. not quite done so I will be up late cooking and working on it. Anybody looking for new patterns definitely check out YT. Those patterns in books confuse me. I have to see someone do it.

Originally Posted by adthomas
I so wanna learn to crochet. When I used to ride metro there was this lady that used to crochet and she used to make the most interesting things! I just wanna make cute hats...lol.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
It's not hard. I taught myself and have been doing it for years. Problem for me is that I'm always making cute stuff for everyone else and nothing for myself. Youtube video tutorials are awesome if you can't read patterns. I barely have time, but it's relaxing so I try to get a few rows in everyday. As we speak I've got several projects in the works and have a huge plactic bin (huge, like for christmas decorations huge) full of yarn. It's my other obsession

Btw, those are cute!
cheveuxbouclés likes this.
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
I hate it when someone asks me what i have planned for the weekend. I feel like it's a trap. What if I say nothing and you want me to do something i dont want to do? What if i think i dont want to do what you want to do so i tell you i have plans and then you end up doing something i wanted to do?

-on this phone that makes it too hard to capitalize letters.
Originally Posted by NaturallyCJ
'I'm not sure yet. Why?'
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody
Thanks, I'll use that next time.

-on this phone that makes it too hard to capitalize letters.
Jo Somebody likes this.
“Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
1. Children are not pets. They are people.
2. People who deserve respect don't have to demand it.
3. Assault is assault. Battery is battery. Equal protection is overlooked because children don't vote. That is a FACT.
4. Racism will never die as long as certain people take pride in being stereotypes.
5. If black people spent as much time encouraging and motivating their children to be great as they do "putting them in their place" their would be more Barack Obamas and fewer black men in prison.
6. Using aggression to assert dominance is animal behaviour. White supremisists/slave owners viewed black people as...animals. you can't destroy a stereotype by perpetuating it.
7. The primary purpose of parents is to prepare children for adulthood by leading by example. How are you gonna teach anybody how to be a responsible, respectable, mature adult if you aren't one yourself?
8. Your parents are not gods. It ain't right because they did it. It ain't true because they said it. They are regular ole people and **** up like eveybody else.


Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by JessicazFro
I don't really understand half of your points here because they're based off of faulty assumptions and unequal comparisons.

Plenty of reasons why there are so many black men in prison that don't have a thing to do with putting children in their place.

Racism will always be around because people always have to use physical differences to make other's lower than them. It helps them accept and love the skin they're in. It will never die.

I think it's a faulty assumption to think that black people don't encourage their children just because they use spanking as discipline. And who says the primary purpose of being a parent is to lead by example? But if as you say that is the primary purpose of a parent, sure my daughter will be her school's valedictorian, college-educated, highly intelligent and able to think for herself, creative, willing to help others without recompense, able to provide for herself, a leader not a follower, have fairly high self-esteem, and not make decisions based on the beliefs of everybody else. She'll be a responsible, respectable, mature adult. So I have no problem with how she will turn out even with being a black parent with spankings in my tool box. So why do you think you should? Don't like spankings, don't use them for your kid.

In the real world (not the lala fantasy one where the clouds are fluffy pink and the little purple creatures frolick and play), respect is never given without reason. Hold your breath and expect everyone you interact with to respect you without you having done anything or even better when you're blatantly disrespecting them or doing bad things. Chances are you'll be dead after an hour or two either way. What good does it do children to prepare them for a reality that is unreal?

And children shouldn't vote. Neither should some adults who clearly don't have the mental capacity to read, interpret and apply laws.
Hair type: the back and sides have small spiraly curls, the top and front just wave like, "hi! how ya doin?"

Condish: ElucenceMBC, HEHH, my kitchen mixes

Moisturizer: mixed spritz of: H20, aloe vera juice, honey, EVCO, ElucenceMBC

Curl Definer: H20 & a shake, my moisturizer mix.... or aloe vera/flax seed/ic fantsia gel if I'm not being lazy.

Styles: wash-n-go, twists just curl up like my wash-n-go

KinkyKurlyKustard is the DEBIL! The DEBIL!

Last edited by demsdata; 01-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.
The hard part about closed was the not knowing. Was her family treating her well? Was she even alive? What if she needed bone marrow or something? Was she right down the street or far away? Did she resent me for what I did, or was she happy? Did she have abandonment issues, or was she well adjusted? On and on.

I got to meet her when she was 21, but it was pure luck. My dad used to work with her dad, so he knew right away who he was adopting when he adopted. I grew up in a small town, and how many redheaded girls were being put up for adoption that week? He never told him then because he was worried that she'd be taken away because of that. Hell, he only told mother for the longest time.

He talked to her father after she graduated high school, and she decided to start searching while she was in college.

It worked out well in the end, and we have a relationship now, but all that time of not knowing much was difficult.


Siri types my posts for me.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Yes, that's a big thing for me to. Like I don't him/her to think that I am completely abandoning her/him. I feel like if I am able to still be apart of its life in some way, then it won't be so difficult in the long run. But then again I feel like a lot can change in 18 years, I will be 38 and hopefully a doctor and in that time, I feel like once I got stable enough I would want her to come be with me...but that's wouldn't be fair. I don't know, it's a lot to think about.
Originally Posted by tbabyy
It is. If I had gone open, there would have been other challenges, just as difficult. But, at least there's a choice now, thank goodness. I do wonder if getting on with my own life would've been harder if it were open.

Many parents and children look alike, but to meet someone who looks so much like you when she's 21 is an experience. I miss seeing what she was like as a child, but that comes with the territory.


Siri types my posts for me.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
KEY POINT!


LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY!
Going to a baby shower tomorrow for a big LSU fan so decided to crochet baby and mama hats. not quite done so I will be up late cooking and working on it. Anybody looking for new patterns definitely check out YT. Those patterns in books confuse me. I have to see someone do it.

Originally Posted by adthomas
I so wanna learn to crochet. When I used to ride metro there was this lady that used to crochet and she used to make the most interesting things! I just wanna make cute hats...lol.
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
It's not hard. I taught myself and have been doing it for years. Problem for me is that I'm always making cute stuff for everyone else and nothing for myself. Youtube video tutorials are awesome if you can't read patterns. I barely have time, but it's relaxing so I try to get a few rows in everyday. As we speak I've got several projects in the works and have a huge plactic bin (huge, like for christmas decorations huge) full of yarn. It's my other obsession

Btw, those are cute!
Originally Posted by Kinky DaySha
I've tried and got stuck after the third stitch(?). Do a YT video please lol! The ones I watched seemed to be under the assumption that you had a basic understanding.
1. Children are not pets. They are people.
2. People who deserve respect don't have to demand it.
3. Assault is assault. Battery is battery. Equal protection is overlooked because children don't vote. That is a FACT.
4. Racism will never die as long as certain people take pride in being stereotypes.
5. If black people spent as much time encouraging and motivating their children to be great as they do "putting them in their place" their would be more Barack Obamas and fewer black men in prison.
6. Using aggression to assert dominance is animal behaviour. White supremisists/slave owners viewed black people as...animals. you can't destroy a stereotype by perpetuating it.
7. The primary purpose of parents is to prepare children for adulthood by leading by example. How are you gonna teach anybody how to be a responsible, respectable, mature adult if you aren't one yourself?
8. Your parents are not gods. It ain't right because they did it. It ain't true because they said it. They are regular ole people and **** up like eveybody else.


Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by JessicazFro
I find that a lot of people (usually black folk) who come out strong against the "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality were abused as children. I'm not insinuating anything about you or your upbringing Jessica. This is just a relevant observation. It's not a hard and fast rule, everybody that disagrees with whippings doesn't have to be an abuse survivor. But a lot of folks are.

To THOSE folks: just because YOUR parents went coocoo for cocoa puffs when you were a kid doesn't mean that's everyone's experience. I'll put myself out there and say that I got spankings--and even as a kid I knew that nary a one of them was out of anger. If someone has problems with the way S/HE was raised s/he should take that up with a therapist instead of projecting their issues onto everyone else.

Speaking of issues. I've got them. Can't lie there either. Pretty sure I've outed myself in a couple of posts in this very thread lol. Despite those issues, I'm a fairly well adjusted young adult. And none of my issues can be traced back to my parents whipping me as a child. I've got plenty of triggers, but spanking isn't one. Meanwhile I know PLENTY of people that never saw a switch or a belt, or a wet towel, or a purse strap, or a...lemme stop LOL. And those chicks is EFFFFFFFFED UP. Seriously, just some maladjusted crazy face, no discipline having mofos. So lets not act like some spankings are the make or break in the grand scheme of how a kid will grow up. We've got lost souls on both sides of the row.

Spanking isn't the only way my parents disciplined me. Because they KNEW me as a child, they were able to craft an appropriate regimen to raise me right. I got time-outs, I got my books taken away from me (never really cared for toys), I got lectured, I got extra chores, hell...I even got extra homework (still trying to figure out how they swung that one with the teachers) and yeah, I got spankings. It's the height of know-it-allness to assume that you know better about a wo/man's child than they themselves do. Actually, it reminds me of a certain thread. My parents knew what was best for ME. Not what was best for Sally Sensitive or Poor Abby Abused---Me. Just like every child wouldn't respond to books being taken from them as a punishment...every child won't respond to spankings. I leave it to responsible parents to decide who needs what.

I was a bad asz kid. Real talk. I was hard-headed, I talked back, thought I knew everything...People have different personalities and mine was stubborn as hell. No amount of time outs alone were going to convince me of anything. No amount of spankings alone were gonna convince me either. My parents needed a mixed bag to raise me and I'm glad as hell that they didn't let some know it all social worker or whoever tell them to alter their methods. I'd be in a ditch somewhere.

Plenty of parents abuse their kids without the help of a belt. I'd say that many of those parents who whine and cry about never "raising a hand to their child", neglect their child. Don't give a damn about their child.

That stuff about slavery is damn insulting. My parents are educated and AWARE enough to know how slave masters beat their slaves. Ain't nothing similar between the way George Washington beat his slaves and the way my daddy spanked me. If people can't tell the difference that's willful ignorance. But like I said before, it's always been obvious to me that I never got a whipping out of anger.

My parents have never failed to encourage me in ANYTHING. Sometimes I wish they'd just shut up with the encouragement and accept my self-imposed limitations like I have.

Last edited by AmberBrown; 01-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Going to a baby shower tomorrow for a big LSU fan so decided to crochet baby and mama hats. not quite done so I will be up late cooking and working on it. Anybody looking for new patterns definitely check out YT. Those patterns in books confuse me. I have to see someone do it.

Originally Posted by adthomas

These are so cute. I have a friend who is an LSU nut. She's this christian woman who was found screaming curse words at them in the previous game lol. I was like woah. Then she was all near to tears...diehard fan that one.
Hair type: the back and sides have small spiraly curls, the top and front just wave like, "hi! how ya doin?"

Condish: ElucenceMBC, HEHH, my kitchen mixes

Moisturizer: mixed spritz of: H20, aloe vera juice, honey, EVCO, ElucenceMBC

Curl Definer: H20 & a shake, my moisturizer mix.... or aloe vera/flax seed/ic fantsia gel if I'm not being lazy.

Styles: wash-n-go, twists just curl up like my wash-n-go

KinkyKurlyKustard is the DEBIL! The DEBIL!

I find that a lot of people (usually black folk) who come out strong against the "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality were abused as children. I'm not insinuating anything about you or your upbringing Jessica. This is just a relevant observation. It's not a hard and fast rule, everybody that disagrees with whippings doesn't have to be an abuse survivor. But a lot of folks are.

To THOSE folks: just because YOUR parents went coocoo for cocoa puffs when you were a kid doesn't mean that's everyone's experience. I'll put myself out there and say that I got spankings--and even as a kid I knew that nary a one of them was out of anger. If someone has problems with the way S/HE was raised s/he should take that up with a therapist instead of projecting their issues onto everyone else.

Speaking of issues. I've got them. Can't lie there either. Pretty sure I've outed myself in a couple of posts in this very thread lol. Despite those issues, I'm a fairly well adjusted young adult. And none of my issues can be traced back to my parents whipping me as a child. I've got plenty of triggers, but spanking isn't one. Meanwhile I know PLENTY of people that never saw a switch or a belt, or a wet towel, or a purse strap, or a...lemme stop LOL. And those chicks is EFFFFFFFFED UP. Seriously, just some maladjusted crazy face, no discipline having mofos. So lets not act like some spankings are the make or break in the grand scheme of how a kid will grow up. We've got lost souls on both sides of the row.

Spanking isn't the only way my parents disciplined me. Because they KNEW me as a child, they were able to craft an appropriate regimen to raise me right. I got time-outs, I got my books taken away from me (never really cared for toys), I got lectured, I got extra chores, hell...I even got extra homework (still trying to figure out how they swung that one with the teachers) and yeah, I got spankings. It's the height of know-it-allness to assume that you know better about a wo/man's child than they themselves do. Actually, it reminds me of a certain thread. My parents knew what was best for ME. Not what was best for Sally Sensitive or Poor Abby Abused---Me. Just like every child wouldn't respond to books being taken from them as a punishment...every child won't respond to spankings. I leave it to responsible parents to decide who needs what.

Plenty of parents abuse their kids without the help of a belt. I'd say that many of those parents who whine and cry about never "raising a hand to their child", neglect their child. Don't give a damn about their child.

That stuff about slavery is damn insulting. My parents are educated and AWARE enough to know how slave masters beat their slaves. Ain't nothing similar between the way George Washington beat his slaves and the way my daddy spanked me. If people can't tell the difference that's willful ignorance. But like I said before, it's always been obvious to me that I never got a whipping out of anger.

My parents have never failed to encourage me in ANYTHING. Sometimes I wish they'd just shut up with the encouragement and accept my self-imposed limitations like I have.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
+1000 to this post, but I really agree with the bolded. My mother never ever spanked me in anger. On the contrary she was eerily calm and serene! And looking back, I can't say that she even tapped me on the behind with the belt more than 5-7 times. At the time I think I was more upset that I'd clearly screwed up and probably disappointed her than I was about being spanked. To get a spanking you knew you'd went way left-field on something. And you knew it was a no no before you ever did it.
Hair type: the back and sides have small spiraly curls, the top and front just wave like, "hi! how ya doin?"

Condish: ElucenceMBC, HEHH, my kitchen mixes

Moisturizer: mixed spritz of: H20, aloe vera juice, honey, EVCO, ElucenceMBC

Curl Definer: H20 & a shake, my moisturizer mix.... or aloe vera/flax seed/ic fantsia gel if I'm not being lazy.

Styles: wash-n-go, twists just curl up like my wash-n-go

KinkyKurlyKustard is the DEBIL! The DEBIL!

Last edited by demsdata; 01-11-2012 at 02:24 PM.
FoxyGuide
Guest
Posts: n/a
It annoys me when people try to constantly 1up me when I share a story about my baby. It doesn't matter what the story is:

Me: My baby is finally sleeping 4 hours a night.
Them: My baby slept 6+ since birth

Me: My baby doesn't cry as much as he used to when he is laying in his crib
Them: My baby never cried in the crib.

Come on now. Come on. LoL I guess you gave birth to one of those special, perfect babies. I should return my defective one for a better one.
aishasoleil, CocoT, tbabyy and 4 others like this.
1. Children are not pets. They are people.
2. People who deserve respect don't have to demand it.
3. Assault is assault. Battery is battery. Equal protection is overlooked because children don't vote. That is a FACT.
4. Racism will never die as long as certain people take pride in being stereotypes.
5. If black people spent as much time encouraging and motivating their children to be great as they do "putting them in their place" their would be more Barack Obamas and fewer black men in prison.
6. Using aggression to assert dominance is animal behaviour. White supremisists/slave owners viewed black people as...animals. you can't destroy a stereotype by perpetuating it.
7. The primary purpose of parents is to prepare children for adulthood by leading by example. How are you gonna teach anybody how to be a responsible, respectable, mature adult if you aren't one yourself?
8. Your parents are not gods. It ain't right because they did it. It ain't true because they said it. They are regular ole people and **** up like eveybody else.


Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by JessicazFro
I find that a lot of people (usually black folk) who come out strong against the "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality were abused as children. I'm not insinuating anything about you or your upbringing Jessica. This is just a relevant observation. It's not a hard and fast rule, everybody that disagrees with whippings doesn't have to be an abuse survivor. But a lot of folks are.

To THOSE folks: just because YOUR parents went coocoo for cocoa puffs when you were a kid doesn't mean that's everyone's experience. I'll put myself out there and say that I got spankings--and even as a kid I knew that nary a one of them was out of anger. If someone has problems with the way S/HE was raised s/he should take that up with a therapist instead of projecting their issues onto everyone else.

Speaking of issues. I've got them. Can't lie there either. Pretty sure I've outed myself in a couple of posts in this very thread lol. Despite those issues, I'm a fairly well adjusted young adult. And none of my issues can be traced back to my parents whipping me as a child. I've got plenty of triggers, but spanking isn't one. Meanwhile I know PLENTY of people that never saw a switch or a belt, or a wet towel, or a purse strap, or a...lemme stop LOL. And those chicks is EFFFFFFFFED UP. Seriously, just some maladjusted crazy face, no discipline having mofos. So lets not act like some spankings are the make or break in the grand scheme of how a kid will grow up. We've got lost souls on both sides of the row.

Spanking isn't the only way my parents disciplined me. Because they KNEW me as a child, they were able to craft an appropriate regimen to raise me right. I got time-outs, I got my books taken away from me (never really cared for toys), I got lectured, I got extra chores, hell...I even got extra homework (still trying to figure out how they swung that one with the teachers) and yeah, I got spankings. It's the height of know-it-allness to assume that you know better about a wo/man's child than they themselves do. Actually, it reminds me of a certain thread. My parents knew what was best for ME. Not what was best for Sally Sensitive or Poor Abby Abused---Me. Just like every child wouldn't respond to books being taken from them as a punishment...every child won't respond to spankings. I leave it to responsible parents to decide who needs what.

Plenty of parents abuse their kids without the help of a belt. I'd say that many of those parents who whine and cry about never "raising a hand to their child", neglect their child. Don't give a damn about their child.

That stuff about slavery is damn insulting. My parents are educated and AWARE enough to know how slave masters beat their slaves. Ain't nothing similar between the way George Washington beat his slaves and the way my daddy spanked me. If people can't tell the difference that's willful ignorance. But like I said before, it's always been obvious to me that I never got a whipping out of anger.
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
THANK YOU. Blanket statements kill me. If you feel a certain way, then that is fine. But to act like people who choose a certain way to raise their family are on some other sh*t is just infuriating.

There are kids who never got spanked and are fine. There are kids who get spankings and still are bad as hell. Every method doesn't work for every child. I personally wouldn't resort to spanking my child first. But if my child started hanging with another child who was disrespectful and my child thought they could continuously try that with me--- yes, you will get popped after I repeatedly asked you to be respectful.

As I said a few posts up, I worked with children 98 percent of my life. I have never ever laid a hand on anyone else's child. But you better believe 99 percent of children don't play with me. I have teachers who bring their children to me when they can't deal with them. And that 1 percent of children who have tried, were usually the ones whose parents treated them as if they were the head decision makers. Children need guidance and direction. They also need boundries. Their brains are not fully developed enough to correctly assess what is right and wrong at certain ages. If your child understands that at a young age with out any physical action, great... but worrying about other people's methods as well as insulting them is not necessary.
Ahhh! The hot water disappeared! How am I supposed to do my hair! (and bathe I guess lol)
Soooo...

Any you ladies in NYC want to model for NC? Check the sticky above for more info.


But sizes 2-6 only.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!





1. Children are not pets. They are people.
2. People who deserve respect don't have to demand it.
3. Assault is assault. Battery is battery. Equal protection is overlooked because children don't vote. That is a FACT.
4. Racism will never die as long as certain people take pride in being stereotypes.
5. If black people spent as much time encouraging and motivating their children to be great as they do "putting them in their place" their would be more Barack Obamas and fewer black men in prison.
6. Using aggression to assert dominance is animal behaviour. White supremisists/slave owners viewed black people as...animals. you can't destroy a stereotype by perpetuating it.
7. The primary purpose of parents is to prepare children for adulthood by leading by example. How are you gonna teach anybody how to be a responsible, respectable, mature adult if you aren't one yourself?
8. Your parents are not gods. It ain't right because they did it. It ain't true because they said it. They are regular ole people and **** up like eveybody else.


Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by JessicazFro
I don't really understand half of your points here because they're based off of faulty assumptions and unequal comparisons.

Plenty of reasons why there are so many black men in prison that don't have a thing to do with putting children in their place.

Racism will always be around because people always have to use physical differences to make other's lower than them. It helps them accept and love the skin they're in. It will never die.

I think it's a faulty assumption to think that black people don't encourage their children. And who says the primary purpose of being a parent is to lead by example? But if as you say that is the primary purpose of a parent, sure my daughter will be her school's valedictorian, college-educated, highly intelligent and able to think for herself, creative, willing to help others without recompense, able to provide for herself, a leader not a follower, have fairly high self-esteem, and not make decisions based on the beliefs of everybody else. She'll be a responsible, respectable, mature adult. So I have no problem with how she will turn out even with being a black parent with spankings in my tool box. So why do you think you should? Don't like spankings, don't use them for your kid.

In the real world (not the lala fantasy one where the clouds are fluffy pink and the little purple creatures frolick and play), respect is never given without reason. Hold your breath and expect everyone you interact with to respect you without you having done anything or even better when you're blatantly disrespecting them or doing bad things. Chances are you'll be dead after an hour or two either way. What good does it do children to prepare them for a reality that is unreal?

And children shouldn't vote. Neither should some adults who clearly don't have the mental capacity to read, interpret and apply laws.
Originally Posted by demsdata
Yep...
Corporal punishment IS a means to bring order, when folks refuse to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion, after less threatening methods of behavioral modification have been applied.

It all depends on the child. Some children don't need spanking. I got spanked (rarely, cuz I didn't need it) and I didn't turn into a bully/physically abusive psycho.
Keenylicious likes this.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
I wish my bank would hurry up and get my darn debit card to me already. I'm going to Vegas tomorrow and it will be needed
BC: June 16th 2010
TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
Product Connoisseur

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

Halle Berry..engaged. Um alrighty then. Thought marriage was out for her. Hope 3rd time is the charm..cause this crazy chick manages to run off every guy.
Guess I'll be taking a cold shower

#FirstWorldProblems

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com