The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15450Likes

I thought Halle swore up and down she wasn't going to marry again?

I don't know, but I think she's a troubled soul - very, very attractive, but missing a few screws (like many in Hollywood). I think men are taken with her looks, and after they get up close and personal, they discover there's a raging drama queen underneath that gorgeous body.

Now, I don't get wrapped up in the lives of celebrities, so my thoughts are pure speculation. But just looking at what I've seen in the media, and what I've heard her say in interviews, there's something not quite right about her.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
This is pretty much what your brother said. Years ago he had a major crush on her..then over the years he's said he definitely doesn't find her as attractive now because of what he's heard her say in interviews and what he's seen in the media with her..not to mention what a few dudes she has dated have all insinuated about her. He said what really precipitated it for him though was Monster's Ball..he said on some level her role in that sickened him. Oddly enough, my husband is the only non-black guy I've heard say that..most non-black guys I've heard say they totally dug her in Monster's Ball..interesting.

He said for a lot of guys "crazy" cuts way down on the interest in any long term relationship...given most dudes would certainly still be interested in having sex with her. I mean let's not get stupid..she is extremely physically attractive.
It annoys me when people try to constantly 1up me when I share a story about my baby. It doesn't matter what the story is:

Me: My baby is finally sleeping 4 hours a night.
Them: My baby slept 6+ since birth

Me: My baby doesn't cry as much as he used to when he is laying in his crib
Them: My baby never cried in the crib.

Come on now. Come on. LoL I guess you gave birth to one of those special, perfect babies. I should return my defective one for a better one.
Originally Posted by FoxyCleopatraGuide
It will be this way for the rest of your child's life. People will always make comparisons whether your child is in diapers or just graduated from medical school. Par for the course for parenthood. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is. . .
Parenting isn't a science. And spanking isn't about violence. It is used as one of the many ways to comunicate to your child that their actions were displeasing and as a tool of consequence. I have 2 kids. Boys. I have to raise them differently. They have different personalities and respond differently. My oldest very rarely needs a spanking. My youngest gets them more often.

My job as a parent is to raise a self sufficient, well adjusted, productive member of society. By any means necessary, or I haven't done my job. I have to teach them there are rules, and consequences for breaking the rules, just like there will be when they leave my home. The things that bother people differ. My oldest hates to sit still more than anything. Timeouts work for him. My other could care less about his toys, a timeout or me being upset. Spanking work for him. Their consequences are directly connected with their actions. That's the lesson. It's not being hit regularly for no reason. He gets what he did wrong pointed out to him, told the correct thing to do, then the punishment. When he does the right thing, he gets praised or a reward. It's not as one sided as people think. Most of the time, they already know what they have done is wrong. I'm here to make sure they understand the gravity of it.

And I don't know if it's a news flash, but the real world is not pretty. The consequences are much worse and more permanent. It's not always fair either. But you have to take responsibility for your actions. It's conditioning and it takes time. You start discipline young and then you maintain it. As they get older, they begin to self discipline. There are many ways to do it, this way is mine. It's a hard job, you don't always have the right answer. There are plenty of people that don't spank that aren't doing any good for their kids. Kids are too young to make good, well thought out decisions. Otherwise, they would be born to raise themselves. So letting them just run ramant is worse IMO than beating them even. Those are the ones that grow up and think the world is their toilet. Where is the discontent for them. Free spirit my azz....
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
Guess I'll be taking a cold shower

#FirstWorldProblems
Originally Posted by AmberBrown
Sorry about your water issues. I don't see it as whine, though, more like stating a fact.
*Marah* likes this.
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
I thought Halle swore up and down she wasn't going to marry again?

I don't know, but I think she's a troubled soul - very, very attractive, but missing a few screws (like many in Hollywood). I think men are taken with her looks, and after they get up close and personal, they discover there's a raging drama queen underneath that gorgeous body.

Now, I don't get wrapped up in the lives of celebrities, so my thoughts are pure speculation. But just looking at what I've seen in the media, and what I've heard her say in interviews, there's something not quite right about her.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
This is pretty much what your brother said. Years ago he had a major crush on her..then over the years he's said he definitely doesn't find her as attractive now because of what he's heard her say in interviews and what he's seen in the media with her..not to mention what a few dudes she has dated have all insinuated about her. He said what really precipitated it for him though was Monster's Ball..he said on some level her role in that sickened him. Oddly enough, my husband is the only non-black guy I've heard say that..most non-black guys I've heard say they totally dug her in Monster's Ball..interesting.

He said for a lot of guys "crazy" cuts way down on the interest in any long term relationship...given most dudes would certainly still be interested in having sex with her. I mean let's not get stupid..she is extremely physically attractive.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
David Justice probably was the most vocal about her...and when his words first hit the press back in the day, I thought he was just a bitter man, takin' a shot at his ex. But now? I believe he was holdin' back on what he could have said about her.

Another thing a man said in a human sexuality class in college: Very beautiful women OFTEN have sexual/body image hangups, and they're great to look at, but once things get intimate. there's not much there.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 01-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Is it wrong of me to say I think Halle is stupid? I dunno, I just feel like people never have a good experience going back on their word because their meet someone "different..."
Quote:
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown
Just because a person is a celebrity or puts themselves on a public forum, like YouTube or Blogs, doesn't mean it's okay to say mean/rude/unnecessary things about them. I'm sure people learn to ignore it, but it still isn't okay.

And I'm not perfect either. I say mean things about people sometimes too, without thinking. It's not cool
aishasoleil and Keenylicious like this.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG


I'm out of CTDG.

This is NOT GOOD!!!! My local health food store isn't stocked. Doesn't know when they'll be stocked. I...cannot
Jo Somebody likes this.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
Just because a person is a celebrity or puts themselves on a public forum, like YouTube or Blogs, doesn't mean it's okay to say mean/rude/unnecessary things about them. I'm sure people learn to ignore it, but it still isn't okay.

And I'm not perfect either. I say mean things about people sometimes too, without thinking. It's not cool
Originally Posted by CocoT
That's the problem, people don't think. And the best part is...let their target come back and go in on them...they'd have a FIT.
Keenylicious likes this.
Quote:
People should be willing to stand by the things they say. Or they shouldn't say them. If your opinion can't stand in the light of day...maybe it should stay in the dark...in your head?
- AmberBrown
Can someone explain to me what it means to not spank your kid with anger cause I've heard this before and it makes no sense. I mean if you're not angry wtf you hitting them for in the first place?

Anywho you know what I hate? People who constantly correct how people say things. Like you do realize people come from different places, have different accents, so they're not going to say things like you say them. Like why are you worried about what comes out
my mouth? I know I pronounce stuff differently and I'm stillgonna say it The way I say it because that's who I am.






the way I say it
This app be forever on my nerves
My momma just called saying she is mad I bought my daddy such a beautiful watch for his birthday, she says I spoil him....my cellphone "mysteriously" cut her ass the hell off.
She really gonna be mad when the other gifts arrive tomorrow....I will fight a rock over my daddy, he is the most selfless individual I know. I luvs my daddy dammit!

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
Jo Somebody likes this.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
my job just fired me. ibe never been fired. before I was pregnant they said I was the type of person who moves up. just two weeks ago my boss Said I'm a hard worker because even though I'm sick and throwing up I work my hardest. then last week apparently she emailed HER boss saying my productivity was low. the sickest day ive had yet. yet still ingot everything done just like I been have. I've never needed help from another department. I have a drs note for a chair and I've only used that twice in the begining. this doesn't seem right at all. I know it's because I'm pregnant. they cut my hours back from 24 to 15 and he sad we just don't have enough hours that an I got an email saying last Saturday your productivity was low. one day!?! when I've busted my back when I've been so sick yet made sure everything was done and right??! I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

So, the date.

I ended up wearing my dark gray dress with silver flats (I got rid of the heels because I knew there'd be at least a little walking).

He picked me up on time (7:30) and we took a cab to the lounge. And I was expecting something really pretentious, but it was really intimate and lovely. The cocktails were incredible. I don't even want to know how much they cost. We left there after a couple of hours and went to a more casual bar, so we could keep talking. Then we took another cab back to Lincoln Park and got something to eat because we were both hungry. Then he walked me home. He asked to see me again and I said yes, so we've made plans for next week.

He was a total gentleman and very courteous. Stood up when I left the table, and returned. We kissed a few times, but they were very chaste.

I expected awkward lulls in conversation, but that didn't really happen.

So first date in 4.5 years was a success
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

my job just fired me. ibe never been fired. before I was pregnant they said I was the type of person who moves up. just two weeks ago my boss Said I'm a hard worker because even though I'm sick and throwing up I work my hardest. then last week apparently she emailed HER boss saying my productivity was low. the sickest day ive had yet. yet still ingot everything done just like I been have. I've never needed help from another department. I have a drs note for a chair and I've only used that twice in the begining. this doesn't seem right at all. I know it's because I'm pregnant. they cut my hours back from 24 to 15 and he sad we just don't have enough hours that an I got an email saying last Saturday your productivity was low. one day!?! when I've busted my back when I've been so sick yet made sure everything was done and right??! I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:The Curly Girlie
YouTube: sophiams85's Channel - YouTube
Originally Posted by sweetmx85
Oh my goodness, sweetmx. I'm so sorry that happened to you. My heart really aches for you. I hope you get thru this and that you receive justice if you pursue this in a legal setting.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
my job just fired me. ibe never been fired. before I was pregnant they said I was the type of person who moves up. just two weeks ago my boss Said I'm a hard worker because even though I'm sick and throwing up I work my hardest. then last week apparently she emailed HER boss saying my productivity was low. the sickest day ive had yet. yet still ingot everything done just like I been have. I've never needed help from another department. I have a drs note for a chair and I've only used that twice in the begining. this doesn't seem right at all. I know it's because I'm pregnant. they cut my hours back from 24 to 15 and he sad we just don't have enough hours that an I got an email saying last Saturday your productivity was low. one day!?! when I've busted my back when I've been so sick yet made sure everything was done and right??! I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:The Curly Girlie
YouTube: sophiams85's Channel - YouTube
Originally Posted by sweetmx85
((((sweetmx85))))

That's absolutely terrible and wrong. Definitely talk to your lawyer. I hope this gets sorted.
AmberBrown and ElenaMaylee like this.
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

I can't talk about this long..I have to go to synagogue in a while..and I'm getting ready...but I could have sworn I read that it's some law or statute that a pregnant woman can't be fired just because she's preggers.

Hunter Tylo sued Aaron Spelling for that mess back when she was supposed to be on Melrose Place. She won a truckload of $$$.
FoxyCleopatraGuide likes this.
Ty it's not right. my dad thinks its because I am a liability, I'm constantly having to lift boxes out of a freezer each night and prep for the bakers in the morning. I've never not done a good job. I've even been nervous about lifting them it never complained. I worked at sams club so basically a Walmart store. what they just did was beyond shady. he kept saying the good news is you are rehirable. so then why are you firing me in the first place??

he didn't say straight up because your pregnant but saying my productivity was his way around it when NEVER not even in my sickest day did I need help I got my job done with time to spare. so how is that my productivity?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Blog:www.curlygirlie85.blogspot.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/sophiams85
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/


Last edited by sweetmx85; 01-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Can someone explain to me what it means to not spank your kid with anger cause I've heard this before and it makes no sense. I mean if you're not angry wtf you hitting them for in the first place?

Anywho you know what I hate? People who constantly correct how people say things. Like you do realize people come from different places, have different accents, so they're not going to say things like you say them. Like why are you worried about what comes out
my mouth? I know I pronounce stuff differently and I'm stillgonna say it The way I say it because that's who I am.






the way I say it
Originally Posted by foreverturtles
It's not cause you are angry. I'm disappointed when my kids mess up, but not angry. That word is not appropiate for the emotion I feel. I spank them as a punishment or consequence, for their actions to teach them self control. It has nothing to do with my feelings and everything to do with my child's. It's not just hitting cause you're mad at them. That's what I think anti-spanking people don't get. My child needs to understand fully that what they did is unacceptable the spanking is the outcome. Most people, if they get angry, try not to spank while they are. I have to have control over my emotions to parent effectively. So I don't spank while I'm upset.
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com