Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree15269Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #14421
 
Saila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,192
Default

I'm one semester and one math class away from graduation...

I am taking the math placement test at 1pm today and I'm reallllllyyy hoping I can get in the one I need to. I took this test a year ago and I was 3 points away!
Saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #14422
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saila View Post
I'm one semester and one math class away from graduation...

I am taking the math placement test at 1pm today and I'm reallllllyyy hoping I can get in the one I need to. I took this test a year ago and I was 3 points away!
Good luck!
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #14423
 
Kilajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adthomas View Post
I think some of the female funk is ladies that are neglecting to wash but some of it is other reasons. My late aunt was very obese and even in her 30s could not wipe her butt or bathe herself well because honestly she could reach it. She would have my cuz who was like 6 or 7 yrs old do it sometimes but she still smelled horrible. Also some people I think are not using the proper cleansers. That fru fru soap may be okay for the rest of you but not the vjay. I know mine is sensitive. No perfumes. i could never even use bubble bath and most body washes. Ive never douched and my gyn is against it but he did tell me about Hibiclens and it works great. Then I hate to say it but I have some female relatives who when they eat certain foods can bathe yet you smell it for days. fish, lots of garlic or onions. Like their butt will rise out the seat but the scent stays behind.
Actually, you don't even NEED soap for the vajajay because it is a SELF CLEANING ORGAN. Seriously when you shower, all you need is a bit of the soapy water to run down there and "rinse" everything off. You you got to be using special stuff down there to get rid of any smells, then to me that's a sign that there is an infection...either yeast or BV or some other issue. I remember seeing posts on NP back in the day and lord some of them chicks talking about putting bleach in thier bath water and ish. If you got to do all of that so you don't smell...geth thee to a doctor QUICK, FAST, and in a HURRY! Even after my most intense workouts where I'm a hot funky mess, I don't need soap down there because once the sweat is gone...so is the smell. If there is a lingering smell or one that is coming from the vajayjay itself...that's an internal issue and all the soap and water in the world ain't gonna fix that.

Now as far as obese women smelling...this is why I have ALWAYS been hyper sensative to this issue. Even when I weighed WELL over 300 pounds, I was as the old folks used to say "clean as the board of health". When you are larger, you have to be EXTRA careful to clean all the nooks and cranies. You have to dry off COMPLETELY because water left between folds can cause issues...when you are larger you sweat more so you have to take more showers....none of them "john wayne" "hoe baths" washing up in the sink mess. Changing your under garments more frequently, using moist wipes after toilet paper...there are plently of methods to use to prevent smelling. Honestly, unless someone is disabled due to thier size or mental facilities, there is no excuse for uncleanliness.

My friends and family used to joke because of my long showers but hey...ain't no one ever accused me of being the stank girl so *shugs*.
ITA. And I agree with Saria, too. I don't think a person needs a washcloth and it may possibly breed bacteria/other germs as well. But, I use one for peace of mind although there have been times when I haven't had one and I didn't smell. I believe a person knows when they smell or not unless that sense is in some way impaired.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by Kilajo; 07-16-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Kilajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #14424
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post

Did someone say something to contradict this ?

And I don't care what ANYONE says.. DOVE IS THE BOMB... we've used that in my family since I was kid and my husband too! And I've happily carried on the tradition in my home... LOL! My son likes that dye free and fragrance free body wash by Suave they make for kids though.
Just to address the point about hands not being enough to get things clean (since this is the cleaning that needs to be done, seeing as how one should not be reaching into the actual vagina and shoving soap in there).
I think Dove was recommended in the second link as being okay. I stick to black soap.
Oh okay.. but I thought people were talking about themselves like what they prefer..not really saying that other people shouldn't use their hand for themselves. But whatever.. Hey I feel like however someone takes care of their hygiene is their biz as LONG as they aren't stinking and being disgusting (ie: not washing their hands after using the bathroom).

As far as DOVE soap..hey wouldn't make me any difference if that link said it was okay or not. I KNOW it's okay for me. I've used it for years with no problems and my GYN said it's fine FOR ME. I wouldn't go there with that perfumey stuff though because my GYN said that can cause all sorts of problems and you won't end up smelling as "fresh" as you think in the end..LOL! Personally, I just think fresh water and soap is enough for that area...well it is for me.

Do you only use black soap for your entire body ? And what are the benefits you've noticed from using it ?
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #14425
 
Ninjarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,963
Default

To tell you the truth, vloggers don't determine what I buy. I have only watched two of Taren Guy's videos...two. Plus, by the time the vloggers are on it, it's old news to me. Either I've already tried it, or it didn't move me enough to try it.

I knew that was coming and for those who are at a level where they can expect compensation, so be it. They should get paid.

These companies need to understand that "free" is on its way out. So that means when you have the opportunity to get free press, like on this hair board, you need to take it seriously, and make sure your products and customer service are tight.

Your company can take off or crash and burn....right here. Cuz see I know you're more likely to do right by Taren than you will somebody who's random. I wanna see how you handle the average customer.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.
__________________
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 07-16-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #14426
 
Ninjarette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post

Oh okay.. but I thought people were talking about themselves like what they prefer..not really saying that other people shouldn't use their hand for themselves. But whatever.. Hey I feel like however someone takes care of their hygiene is their biz as LONG as they aren't stinking and being disgusting (ie: not washing their hands after using the bathroom).
People were sharing personal preferences. Seems like it was taken personally.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.
__________________
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by Ninjarette; 07-16-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #14427
 
Saila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saila View Post
I'm one semester and one math class away from graduation...

I am taking the math placement test at 1pm today and I'm reallllllyyy hoping I can get in the one I need to. I took this test a year ago and I was 3 points away!
Good luck!
Thank you!
Saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #14428
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 126
Default

Taking a krav maga trail class today. 😊 I've been wanting to try it for awhile but have always been to scared. Hopefully I won't die trying because I know my behind is out of shape.


Sent from this FABOO cell💆📲
kairo1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #14429
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
To tell you the truth, vloggers don't determine what I buy. I have only watched two of Taren Guy's videos...two. Plus, by the time the vloggers are on it, it's old news to me. Either I've already tried it, or it didn't move me enough to try it.

I knew that was coming and for those who are at a level where they can expect compensation, so be it. They should get paid.

These companies need to understand that "free" is on its way out. So that means when you have the opportunity to get free press, like on this hair board, you need to take it seriously, and make sure your products and customer service are tight.

Your company can take off or crash and burn....right here. Cuz see I know you're more likely to do right by Taren than you will somebody who's random. I wanna see how you handle the average customer.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.


now Im not saying any names but Ole girl thought I was just the random average customer, and I am. SO she treated me as such.


When I have a problem with customer service, I do what any normal customer would.

contact us page, no response ... FB page.... no response... customer service number... etc


Do you know a vlogger was getting questions answered about my issue, quicker than I was. and Im the person who had the issue?


I laughed so darn hard but I said nada and kept it moving.
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #14430
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post


Did someone say something to contradict this ?

And I don't care what ANYONE says.. DOVE IS THE BOMB... we've used that in my family since I was kid and my husband too! And I've happily carried on the tradition in my home... LOL! My son likes that dye free and fragrance free body wash by Suave they make for kids though.
Just to address the point about hands not being enough to get things clean (since this is the cleaning that needs to be done, seeing as how one should not be reaching into the actual vagina and shoving soap in there).
I think Dove was recommended in the second link as being okay. I stick to black soap.
Oh okay.. but I thought people were talking about themselves like what they prefer..not really saying that other people shouldn't use their hand for themselves. But whatever.. Hey I feel like however someone takes care of their hygiene is their biz as LONG as they aren't stinking and being disgusting (ie: not washing their hands after using the bathroom).

As far as DOVE soap..hey wouldn't make me any difference if that link said it was okay or not. I KNOW it's okay for me. I've used it for years with no problems and my GYN said it's fine FOR ME. I wouldn't go there with that perfumey stuff though because my GYN said that can cause all sorts of problems and you won't end up smelling as "fresh" as you think in the end..LOL! Personally, I just think fresh water and soap is enough for that area...well it is for me.

Do you only use black soap for your entire body ? And what are the benefits you've noticed from using it ?
That's what I mean by okay, though. It's mild and safe, because some soap just really isn't suited for that.

I use black soap because it does a good job of cleansing without drying, isn't overly perfumed, or absurdly overpriced like a lot of natural soaps.
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #14431
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coilynapp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoT View Post
I'm watching this and I just looked at how long it is 32 minutes!!!! I'm trying to watch it...it's late and it's hard to pay attention. So far, I don't know what she is saying
I stopped when she started saying that companies after sending you products should pay you for doing a video and getting them customers. I think that was 8 minutes in??
Well I watched all 32 minutes and listened.. because if I'm going to run my mouth I like to know the facts.


What I got from the video:
  • She now does YT full time
  • She doesn't get any "assistance"
  • She wants more money from companies
  • She thinks viewers need to stop complaining about vloggers and bloggers getting paid
  • She has "Big..BIG" things in the works. IE: her non-profit Autism organization
  • She's still bitter about the Kimmaytube fiascal (she didn't say Kim's name but it was clear that's who she means)
  • She thinks vloggers need to demand more from companies and basically stop being stupid and know their worth
  • She's "walking in her purpose" by using YT as a platform to get paid
  • She's going to captialize off of what she has
  • She's going to have her own show and we should trust and believe it because she can feel and see it
  • She's always wanted to be in media..she went to school for that
  • She wants to help women..particularly young women by using her story to inspire others
  • Just because someone is not selling something doesn't mean they aren't doing something (again another reference to Kimmaytube)
  • There will probably be companies that are mad or whatever..and she might lose "some of yall"
  • She's been feeling this for a while
  • Some Beauty Mint video lead her to this because she was wondering if people were REALLY mad.
Frankly..I chuckled when I read this in the comment section:CRY ME A ******* RIVER!!!!!!!!! BLAH BLAH!!!! GET A REAL JOB THEN!!

I personally don't have a problem with vloggers or bloggers getting paid. What I do have a problem with is BS and frankly I felt she was full of it in that video. Not to mention she needs to let whatever her issue is with Kimmaytube (Kim Love) go..that falling out they had is ancient history. In the end..Kim won. It's over. And if she's going to use YT as her "full time" gig that you have to accept the ups and downs that comes with it. Kim on the other hand was successful BEFORE her YT success. She and her husband both. So Kim didn't need YT to make a living..and she made it clear from jump that she knew her self worth and wasn't about to let it be devalued by anyone for any reason. Hence why she wanted to be her own brand..rather than be beholden to another one. I respect her stance.

I noticed that Taren seemed to be throwing shade that way..but hey if you are so content, and you have BIG.. BIG things in the works, you walking in your purpose, know you are going to have your own show and blah blah..no need for the extra bs tossing shade Kim's way and flipping out about what other vloggers aren't demanding and the fact that viewers get salty about people getting paid. What do you care..if you walking in your purpose ?
subbrock, CocoT and Jo Somebody like this.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #14432
 
Saria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjarette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marah* View Post

Oh okay.. but I thought people were talking about themselves like what they prefer..not really saying that other people shouldn't use their hand for themselves. But whatever.. Hey I feel like however someone takes care of their hygiene is their biz as LONG as they aren't stinking and being disgusting (ie: not washing their hands after using the bathroom).
People were sharing personal preferences. Seems like it was taken personally.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using the Curltalk app.
No, not using washcloths was included in conversation about poor hygiene habits, and someone expressed that they didn't feel just hands would be enough to get private parts clean, so I included that to point out that using hands is recommended. If you prefer to do otherwise, it really makes no difference to me, but I wanted to clarify.
__________________
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #14433
 
adthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,645
Default

Wow. Looking at the time of the posts some of you wake up early in the morning. Have a great day!!!!
__________________
"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #14434
 
adthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuyteuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adthomas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNibaby View Post
Lord knows I'm inviting a whole bunch of negativity on myself by writing this but here goes....

I've noticed more than once on this thread (and many others) that when anyone not part of the circle of five to eight regular posters posts a strong opinion people are all over it like white on rice. I'm not saying people aren't allowed to disagree on the internet but one person makes a comment about what she thinks a BC is and she's ganged up on. This IS the "Say It I Dare You" thread and I just feel like some things are not that serious. If someone is THAT offended that one girl in some God-know's-where city doesn't think that their BC was legitimate...there are bigger fish to fry. I'm all for creating an online community, and I'm glad that some of you seem to have formed some strong bonds, but not so much at the expense of excluding others.
Why do you feel you are inviting negativity? I think my outlook is different because I don't equate negativity with a difference of opinion. IDK Maybe because I used to be on a debate team and spend a lot of time sitting through civil and criminal court cases where lawyers tear eachother apart then go out together for lunch. Even if someone said to me "your way of thinking is entirely wrong" I wouldnt see it as a personal attack. I've been told by people that I can agree to disagree with ease.

Happyface eloquently expressed my point. I don't see it as ganging up either. Here lately opinions were expressed and others expressed different opinions. I have disagreed with posters and have read comments I didn't like but I can't remember anything where I felt OFFENDED. If I'm put off a someone then I'd likely ignore and not respond because on the Internet and in real life I dont seek out to engage people I don't like.
As I pointed out, there are people within the alleged circle that disagree all the time. We disagree. We move on to the next topic and I probably have forgotten about it 20 minutes later.
I personally don't understand the need defensiveness and I don't understand the need for apologies.
I agree it's not that serious. And for every action there is usually a reaction so I don't understand why people "say it" then are so surprised when people say something back. I seriously doubt anyone is actually mad at Bleu.

In most cases I expect for people to disagree with the things I say juust on account of everyone having different opinions but I was expressing what I thought was fact (the big in big chop being defined as a big or long amounnt of hair) but I guess everyone interprets it differently and people have different opinions on what long hair is. So far I've only watched two big chop videos and one was like tbl to like a chin length bob (ivycharlaine) and the other I believe was like tbl to like apl or bsl or something (haircrush's sister). Soo I guess its just my bad for making a generalization.

I didn't feel like I was getting ganged up on at all I think there was three ladies who expressed different opinions and I'm not a sensitive person but I don't ever want to come off as an unapologetic b word that's why I apologized just in case someone was offended in anyway even if they only read it but didn't post responding to me.
Im glad it is all good. Just so you know in the newbie abbreviation selection a bc is defined as cuttting off all the chemically treated hair. There is no reference to length.
__________________
"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #14435
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saria View Post
That's what I mean by okay, though. It's mild and safe, because some soap just really isn't suited for that.

I use black soap because it does a good job of cleansing without drying, isn't overly perfumed, or absurdly overpriced like a lot of natural soaps.
Yeah.. I know some soaps aren't suited for that but not a lot of ladies do not. Otherwise these perfumey vajayjay washes, sprays, and perfumes wouldn't be in business..LOL! I think people sometimes associate a nice smell with "clean" and that's not always the case. Remember the Febreeze commercials..LOL!

I used black soap before.. but I wondered if you noticed like a specific benefit to your skin from using it over time. And I think that stuff they sell in Walmart is fake black soap. I only say that because I ordered black soap online before and it just was WAY better than that crap at Walmart. I really like some of these natural soaps..I tried Nubian Heritage Black Soap with oats, aloe and vitamin E before..man that stuff was great! And I tried this Olive oil soap before...loved it.

I like DOVE though because it's not super drying, it's mild, you can get the unscented kind for sensitive skin, and it's everywhere..any store just about. I get horrible headaches from things that are heavily scented with a synthetic perfumey smell or I break out. Plus I don't have to switch to anything else for sensitive areas when using Dove. And I'm nuts about DOVE body wash..my goodness. It's awesome. I've even seen Equate tried to copy it! LOL!
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #14436
 
soleilmoncur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,185
Default

What was the Kim-Taren-Africanexport triangle about anyway? I was never a fan of Kim after she blocked me when I made a comment about Kinky Curly and my hair.

Edit: Watched the videos. Drama created from nothing.
__________________
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!






Last edited by soleilmoncur; 07-16-2012 at 09:30 AM.
soleilmoncur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #14437
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Ok I'm not knocking Taren's hustle, but her video rubbed me the wrong way. I appreciate her honesty but it doesn't change my perception of sponsored videos. Even "non sponsored" videos I don't really care for anymore really because the vlogger can be being compensated behind the scenes and just not disclose that info. I just feel like reviews should be genuine and I just think that when you're being given the product for free or being compensated just to give an opinion about a product, it takes that away IMO. Not for all vloggers, but for a great deal of them. It's nothing to be upset about, that's just how I feel about it.

I do understand her frustration with companies that want free advertising though. Why shouldn't the companies pay for the advertising and marketing? And I also understand her frustration with the viewers who personally attack her or get mad at her for getting free stuff. Why not just not watch the video? People can be so petty and extra for no reason.

When it comes down to it, a YT review doesn't have much influence on me anyway. Most of them I skip because after a while they are annoying, especially when they are sponsored and even more especially when I know that the reviewer's experience isn't going to be mine. If it's a product I've never heard of I'll check it out but more and more I'm watching reviews less and less. You won't know how a product will work for you until you try it and if you know ingredients.

It is a shame how sheepish a lot of people can be though. Relying on every word a vlogger says. Buying everything they buy.


__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #14438
 
B-Nessa11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur View Post
What was the Kim-Taren-Africanexport triangle about anyway? I was never a fan of Kim after she blocked me when I made a comment about Kinky Curly and my hair.

Edit: Watched the videos. Drama created from nothing.
+1
What did you say about kinky curly? Lol that seems to be a dumb thing to be blocked for


Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
__________________
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
B-Nessa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #14439
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Quote:
I was with you until you started talking about getting paid more. The free products aren't enough? You want free stuff AND commission for every sale made? Even though it'd be impossible to tell which sales came from your video or somewhere else. Let's be real, youtube gurus are not Gods. You don't have an agent or a contract, so what do you expect? Not to mention most vloggers get good products while they send the consumers garbage. Really, I don't consider reviews by people who recieve free
JewelianaBadd 10 hours ago 28

Reply
There are actual ways to track sales from channel sales... No one is saying that we are Gods, it's just about being fair.. When there's a certain value placed on a person's network, clearly the companies see it and they target it to get product sales..

taren916 in reply to JewelianaBadd (Show the comment) 10 hours ago 11


Fair? You don't have to do youtube reviews. You did it because you enjoyed it. Now you get free stuff for doing something you like. Now you want even more? You don't make the wigs or ship them out, why should you get a chunk of my money? Because you said it looked nice on you and I watched the video? That's ridiculous. You do realize the money you get would come from your subs right? why would you take money from us?
JewelianaBadd in reply to taren916 (Show the comment) 10 hours ago 4


I think you're taking it the wrong way... The point is there are some companies that would not be known if it weren't for YT or blog reviews.... It's called "advertising" and companies pay for it.... So why should you the vlogger continue to make this other company rich with happy consumers and not be compensated? That's not being greedy, it's a part of business that is ignored with YT videos and/or blogs... 
taren916 in reply to JewelianaBadd (Show the comment) 10 hours ago 2


interesting comments
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #14440
 
*Marah*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur View Post
What was the Kim-Taren-Africanexport triangle about anyway? I was never a fan of Kim after she blocked me when I made a comment about Kinky curly and my hair.

Lawd..Taren made a video that stated that people change once they make YT partner, get arrogant instead of gracious, and try to push products down people's throats in one of her videos. As well as listing other issues with YTers that have gotten big not respecting their viewers..etc. So someone comments on her vid that the only person they know on YT like that is Kimmaytube. And then a few others were like yeah..and Taren's all like.. "I didn't say any names specifically" in the comment section.

From Taren's perspective:
Word gets back to Kim. Kim comes over there and attempts to check folks in the comments. And it seemed to Kim that Taren meant her. Kim tells Taren that she should have defended her because she basically helped Taren be recongized on YT. And demanded that Taren delete the disrespectful comments. They also get into a back and forth in Taren's comment section as well as privately..basically about how Kim did help her and AE. How they weren't big like she was initially. Taren disagrees with Kim stance on the situation and creates a rant video about the whole thing and how Kim has become rude and she doesn't get to tell her what to do on her page and basically suggests that Kim had her husband Kevin defend her.

From Kim's Perspective:
Kim then makes a video set to private (I viewed it) about the whole thing..and she basically explained that the whole thing was distorted. She couldn't possibly understand how Taren couldn't have meant her because there is only one person in the Natural Hair community on YT that fits that description (and I gotta be honest..I agreed with that much). And that she did help certain people on YT get more followers and it is a big deal when someone that is larger directs people to other gurus and so forth because YT success is hinged on exposure.

She explained that she certainly doesn't mean to come off with any sort of attitude on camera but she's just a direct person and it's just about business which she takes very seriously not to mention her business reputation. So she's cautious about what she allows and doesn't when it comes to her "brand". Plus she said she spends a lot of time on her videos and sometimes it's extremely late because she tries to divide her time between her life off of YT (husband, family, friends, other career) during the day..and so that often leaves YT for much later. She basically conveyed that there is a time for jokes and a time for not....and conducting business is not one of those times so she may come across with what seems like an attitude but she's just trying to do business. Furthermore, she's not going to tolerate disrespect because she knows her worth. She also explained that if she were such a b-word that her husband wouldn't tolerate it and of course he's going to defend his wife. That she's not going to get into foolishness..she's just going to do her work and will from now on try to be understanding about how she presents because sometimes it's best to take a step back and try to see what people are saying.

So the next few videos she did..her attitude seemed to be nicer..but still in her direct fashion.

AfricanExport's Perspective:
African-Export got into it because her name was included in the people Kim helped on YT. Apparently, Kim had mentioned her about one of the people she gave exposure to and helped..some mess about Kim giving shout outs and AE seemed to really take offense. So she made a video and called Kim the b-word that went on this diatribe about how she made herself and she didn't need Kim's help. And her little shout out wasn't the end all be all. She shouts out folks all the time but you don't see her wanting extra credit because of it. Then I think people said she really went above and beyond because it made her look small and petty...so she deleted it.

I think Taren deleted hers. And Kim...her's was set to private and it was a long time ago now..her's is probably gone too. To me, it does seem Kim and AE have moved on from it at least publically..but I noticed every once in a while when Taren makes a public rant that she some how includes Kimmaytube in it. She doesn't say her name or channel directly but it doesn't take a degree in Communications to recognize she means Kim Love if you know who Kim Love is and her YT channel...which a lot of viewers that clamour on YT watching natural hair gurus do know.
__________________
*Marah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com