The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15450Likes

Awkward moment. I'm at work and wearing a wig. A coworker said "your hair looks like it is getting longer." lol. Actually this wig is shorter than my real hair.

Speaking of work.
The other day I walked in the restroom and another coworker hadnt closed the stall door. I saw her pants down on the toilet. Then I heard her leave but I didnt hear the faucet come on.
Originally Posted by adthomas
^^ Ewww....*shudders*

ITA with the spanking thing. And she didn't literally mean beat. But sho nuff a spanking is warranted in this case. I usually only spank in 2 cases. 1. I have repeatedly warned my kid either verbally or with a timeout beforehand, or they knew exactly what they were doing and purposefully disobeyed me. 2. They would be in immediate danger if they were to do said thing, ie playing in the street, touching the stove, etc. But hey, that's just me.
Jo Somebody likes this.
Last perm 8/07, big chop 5/08, several mini chops since
Fine, medium density, low porosity. PJ in recovery
Current loves:Tressemme Nats, AO GPB, One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask, Alba Botanicals Leave-in, KCKT, Qhemet BRBC & OHHB, Terresentials Mud Wash, Trader Joes Nourish Spa
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Gandhi
I don't care how much I love my kindle or audible.com…nothing in this world replaces the joy of a good book in my hand and turning real pages.


Sent from this FABOO cell💆📲
It is past midnight...there are too many doggone people outside. Go to sleep darn it.


ETA: It just dawned on us...we are officially the parents of an 18yr old. OMG!! Despite our location we're still on cst so we have 5 more hours to keep her a baby.

...i'm supersonic
CocoT and Jo Somebody like this.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ

Last edited by Chicago Kinks; 07-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Lawd have mercy.. I have been in business meetings ALL damn day. I'm hot, tired, and so glad that mess is over.. goodness. And being in business attire and being hot makes it hard as hell to be pleasant to business associates and clients.. but I made it. I grinned and beared it.. PRAISE THE LAWD!
Originally Posted by *Marah*
When I was working, & hopefully when
I start again, I used to run home, strip, and put on wife beater & shorts. I know the feeling. You want to run out of your clothes as son as you hit the door.

I'm cashing out
Originally Posted by ss40
Gurl, I was even worst then the tank top and shorts. I stripped and pulled on an old tye dyed ugly broom skirt all the way up over my chest ...it hits past my calves when I pull it up this high (for some reason my husband thinks this is a cute look..I think he just likes that the "girls" are loose ..okay I know that was TMI)..and I am feeling MUCH better now. I've had something ice cold to drink.. cooked for my family..and they are happy. And now I'm having some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream..I thought "Nobody better call me or email me about jack..cause they will just have to wait."

Given..wouldn't you know my rabbi emails me asking me to do him a favor...ain't diz about a...itch! He lucky I love him and I can do the favor right from my house..LOL!
I don't care how much I love my kindle or audible.com…nothing in this world replaces the joy of a good book in my hand and turning real pages.

Sent from this FABOO cell����
Originally Posted by kairo1821
You know what.. although it won't be anytime in the near future that I cancel my audible subscription..its definitely lost it's inital magic for me..... but man o man.. I'm NUTS about my Nook Color. I didn't think it could grow on me as much given my love of an actual book (I have a vast library of books in my home)..but this doggone Nook Color.. I'm in love. I tried to pick up an actual book recently and just had to go back to my Nook.

I have gotten so used to being able to change the font, widen or lessen borders, space the text, dim or brighten the light on it (this comes in so handy at night because I can dim the light and not bother my husband..no need to worry about how bright a night light or book light might be), the ability to look up words in a dictionary by just tapping on the word, being able to find pages, words, phrases, etc so easy and fast. Plus, I can store numerous books on it and jump to anyone I want! I've become so attatched to it. And I am just really not into electronics very much at all so it's definitely interested I've taking such a liking to it!
I don't care how much I love my kindle or audible.com…nothing in this world replaces the joy of a good book in my hand and turning real pages.

Sent from this FABOO cell����
Originally Posted by kairo1821
You know what.. although it won't be anytime in the near future that I cancel my audible subscription..its definitely lost it's inital magic for me..... but man o man.. I'm NUTS about my Nook Color. I didn't think it could grow on me as much given my love of an actual book (I have a vast library of books in my home)..but this doggone Nook Color.. I'm in love. I tried to pick up an actual book recently and just had to go back to my Nook.

I have gotten so used to being able to change the font, widen or lessen borders, space the text, dim or brighten the light on it (this comes in so handy at night because I can dim the light and not bother my husband..no need to worry about how bright a night light or book light might be), the ability to look up words in a dictionary by just tapping on the word, being able to find pages, words, phrases, etc so easy and fast. Plus, I can store numerous books on it and jump to anyone I want! I've become so attatched to it. And I am just really not into electronics very much at all so it's definitely interested I've taking such a liking to it!
Originally Posted by *Marah*
The bolded is why I love my Kindle so much. I always tell myself I'm going to look up a word, but I never end up doing it when I'm reading a physical book. I do it all the time on my Kindle.
*Marah* likes this.
“Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
Beat a 3 year old BC they're too close to a pool?

No.

A 3 year old should not be unsupervised. Its not his/her fault he/she is near a pool. A pool looks very inviting in the summer. Who could blame them?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
Spanking them is a precautionary action. Parents won't be around forever & some kids need a touch of fear to know what they should not do. The memory associated with going near a pool unsupervised is a spanking. Which translates into no playing around the pool. I think explaining why is also a part of this. The kids should be supervised but when they are not they will have a reminder just in case they wander over there filling behind the rest on their way to the playground or somewhere else in the neighborhood.

I'll take a spanking over drowning any day regardless of my age.
I'm cashing out
Originally Posted by ss40
idk about this. my sister new well enough to stay away from dangerous situations w/o being spanked beforehand.i'm not totally against spanking, but i def don't think a kid should be spanked b/c their parent can't be bothered to supervised their child properly.
there should be a study on the decline of reading comprehension and analytically skills in relation to how controversial a topic is, and how much the ppl involved care about.

it seems like discussions on controversial issues can never be constructive b/c someone will ALWAYS begin to deliberately misinterpret the situation/ what's being said, and will derail the conversation completely.
Tonight on AC360: Baby Veronica's story – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
Beat a 3 year old BC they're too close to a pool?

No.

A 3 year old should not be unsupervised. Its not his/her fault he/she is near a pool. A pool looks very inviting in the summer. Who could blame them?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
Spanking them is a precautionary action. Parents won't be around forever & some kids need a touch of fear to know what they should not do. The memory associated with going near a pool unsupervised is a spanking. Which translates into no playing around the pool. I think explaining why is also a part of this. The kids should be supervised but when they are not they will have a reminder just in case they wander over there filling behind the rest on their way to the playground or somewhere else in the neighborhood.

I'll take a spanking over drowning any day regardless of my age.
I'm cashing out
Originally Posted by ss40
idk about this. my sister new well enough to stay away from dangerous situations w/o being spanked beforehand.i'm not totally against spanking, but i def don't think a kid should be spanked b/c their parent can't be bothered to supervised their child properly.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
Exactly.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Beat a 3 year old BC they're too close to a pool?

No.

A 3 year old should not be unsupervised. Its not his/her fault he/she is near a pool. A pool looks very inviting in the summer. Who could blame them?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by iroc
Spanking them is a precautionary action. Parents won't be around forever & some kids need a touch of fear to know what they should not do. The memory associated with going near a pool unsupervised is a spanking. Which translates into no playing around the pool. I think explaining why is also a part of this. The kids should be supervised but when they are not they will have a reminder just in case they wander over there filling behind the rest on their way to the playground or somewhere else in the neighborhood.

I'll take a spanking over drowning any day regardless of my age.
I'm cashing out
Originally Posted by ss40
idk about this. my sister new well enough to stay away from dangerous situations w/o being spanked beforehand.i'm not totally against spanking, but i def don't think a kid should be spanked b/c their parent can't be bothered to supervised their child properly.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
I'm not talking about spanking beforehand. That would be cruel. Beforehand you talk. I mean if the kid has done something that could be life threatening the spanking is to prevent it from happening again. for some kids especially the young ones who can't yet think abstractly about right and wrong, dying, hurting other people the only thing that keeps them from doing things is fear of punishment. But if my child did something that could be life endangering ie dart into the street, play with matches, and yes enter a gated pool alone there would be some swats on the butt. Next time they would remember that and not want that again. I have seen way too many tragedies. Every summer we have some children that drown. One kid sneaked out the house in the middle of the night bc he wanted to go swimming and his parents found him dead the next morning. I can think of four recent fires started by children, one deadly and the rest the houses were destroyed. I ever caught my kid playing with matches or lighter their butt would be hella sore.

So whenever I have little Chardenaynay she had better behave. LOL
Kinky DaySha likes this.

Spanking them is a precautionary action. Parents won't be around forever & some kids need a touch of fear to know what they should not do. The memory associated with going near a pool unsupervised is a spanking. Which translates into no playing around the pool. I think explaining why is also a part of this. The kids should be supervised but when they are not they will have a reminder just in case they wander over there filling behind the rest on their way to the playground or somewhere else in the neighborhood.

I'll take a spanking over drowning any day regardless of my age.
I'm cashing out
Originally Posted by ss40
idk about this. my sister new well enough to stay away from dangerous situations w/o being spanked beforehand.i'm not totally against spanking, but i def don't think a kid should be spanked b/c their parent can't be bothered to supervised their child properly.
Originally Posted by Keenylicious
I'm not talking about spanking beforehand. That would be cruel. Beforehand you talk. I mean if the kid has done something that could be life threatening the spanking is to prevent it from happening again. for some kids especially the young ones who can't yet think abstractly about right and wrong, dying, hurting other people the only thing that keeps them from doing things is fear of punishment. But if my child did something that could be life endangering ie dart into the street, play with matches, and yes enter a gated pool alone there would be some swats on the butt. Next time they would remember that and not want that again. I have seen way too many tragedies. Every summer we have some children that drown. One kid sneaked out the house in the middle of the night bc he wanted to go swimming and his parents found him dead the next morning. I can think of four recent fires started by children, one deadly and the rest the houses were destroyed. I ever caught my kid playing with matches or lighter their butt would be hella sore.

So whenever I have little Chardenaynay she had better behave. LOL
Originally Posted by adthomas
Okay.. whoa. The bold is doing too much for me.. we have a pool and my son (he's 9) loves to swim...and when I read that sentence I literally got a cold chill and my knees sort of buckled. I got a flash in my mind of my son being in the pool...gone.

Chile... I can't do it. And it's funny you posted this too because I JUST told my son today not to get any doggone ideas about going in that pool without asking first so he can be supervised (now we've paid hundreds of dollars for this boy to take swimming lessons and he's does have extensive swimming experience for his age..in pools, lakes, and at the beach so he knows what he's doing) but man.. just as mother I'm scurred to death to let him swim with no supervision. I'm not one for spanking kids too much but if he got in that pool after I told him not to by sneaking..no supervision. I think I just might smack his doggone behind! If I was able to contain myself from being so shaken up...just reading the bold got me all upset. Lawd.



I'm so angry. I hate you. You know who you are. You know what you did. You suck at life. You're evil and disgusting. ugggggghhhhhhh



I'm so angry. I hate you. You know who you are. You know what you did. You suck at life. You're evil and disgusting. ugggggghhhhhhh
Originally Posted by murrrcat
I thought about you today because I was somewhere they were giving out free ice cold bottles of Barq's. I didnt know until today that it is not distributed all over the country. I thought it would be since Coca Cola bought it from the Barq's family a long time ago.
ROFLMAO.. when Hulk lit Loki's azz up...and bounced him like a rubber ball..and after it was all over Loki was laid up in that home made like grave in the middle of Tony Stark's floor like he was skuuuuuuured to death to even BREEVE (yes I said BREEVE) too doggone much anymore.. my husband, son, and I FELL OUT laughing in the movie theater.

Check this out...when my son gets in trouble and my husband or I give him a firm talking too..he lays down in the middle of the floor and puts his arms close up around him like Loki did in the movie.. and we DIE laughing. Our son is a straight up character...we get to falling out over some of the stuff he does..and some how doing this stuff weasels his little butt right out of trouble!

Dang I love my little boy.
Cerendipity likes this.
I don't like guns.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG



I'm so angry. I hate you. You know who you are. You know what you did. You suck at life. You're evil and disgusting. ugggggghhhhhhh
Originally Posted by murrrcat
I thought about you today because I was somewhere they were giving out free ice cold bottles of Barq's. I didnt know until today that it is not distributed all over the country. I thought it would be since Coca Cola bought it from the Barq's family a long time ago.
Originally Posted by adthomas
once you go barq's you can't go.....any other cause the rest are inferior



I can't stop my brain from talking in bane's voice with everything I think. I need to hear tom hardy talk like that without a mask.
Leave it up to me to procrastinate dinner of all things. It's 12 am and I'm just starting to cook

One more day of this job and I'll be done. I'm happy and sad about it. I'm happy because I'm so ret to go but I'm sad because I'll be jobless until further notice. It's hard out in these streets.
coilynapp likes this.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
The funkiness I have after a run, I would like to say gross but all I can think is sublime
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com