The New & Improved Say It I Dare You

Like Tree15540Likes

I know a lot of young guys use females as a negative thing. Like " These females need to learn how to...blah blah blah" and in my head Im like dude I am not a female. I am a woman. When a dude says female to me it make me wana call them a n*gga (and for me saying it with an a denotates it as a male. To me its not the same as n*gger, I was raised saying this word, with the A for black and white ppl. Not with a racist thing attached to it)
It may not be the same historically, but when its said like that its disrespectful. I see a n*gga as a no good, ignorant dude or person. Calling me a female makes seems like u are calling me a hoe lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
MAC By Request Collection for Fall 2012 - Results


someone hold me, i gotta get my computer and phone set for august 6th i will be on that website at the crack of midnight.
Now, lol. After I read that it still looks funny. I don't think the N word is okay to be throwing around at all. Nor do I go around calling ppl the n word in my head. But there r certain times when I think it. A dude being rachet, nicca please. Not paying yo child support nicca extra please. Just being alley and acting like the "white folks" expect, stop acting like a nicca. Etc. Maybe it doesn't sound right out loud lol. Oh well

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
Saria.. don't be loving him too much because while I'm here home and been thinking about it..I think he's DEAD WRONG. And I'm going to tell him so. If he knew I'm running around sounding sexist,misogynistic, and down right ignorant... I don't understand why he didn't just correct me. To be frank, I'm highly embarrased. I didn't know that saying females when referring to women and girls collectively is disrespectful. And if my husband knows so much he could have told me..not just have me out here looking like boo boo da fool. I'm seriously kind of hot about it. I bet Alcide would have told me.. humph!
Originally Posted by *Marah*

Who are you kidding, there would be no talking between you and Alcide...he wouldn't tell you NUTHIN'

I too wondered about why he didn't correct you. But does he correct you about other things? Maybe he thought well, "My sweetheart is a woman, I don't think she means any harm by using 'females'" But I could be wrong. Maybe he just didn't think about it that much?

Ask him, I want to know!!!! LOL. I like the part of your conversation were he said "you say some interesting things"...but I love you though!!!!!!! Good save!
Originally Posted by coilynapp
First of all.. let me set the record straight. There would be a WHOLE LOT of talking between me and Alcide. I mean we'd be in our birthday suits but we WOULD be talking. Okay.. I think my toes just curled describing that... shameful.

See..and that's exactly why I KNOW I would have to stay away from Alcide. For real. I mean I can't imagine like seeing him every day face to face. Hell I can't stop grinnin' and skinnin' just when I see a jpeg of the guy.. I wouldn't last five minutes in his presence. I KNOW if he wanted me I would never cheat on my husband though because I couldn't live with it. But I do know I wouldn't be able be around Alcide for long periods of time ..alone without serious concern.

No. I'd have to stay away because well I prefer my husband not serving a prison term for killing folks.

Anyway my husband will be home in an hour. And I am going to ask him..because I want to know as well. Yeah..he did indeed save his own life! He's slick like that...saying something and then saying I love you and cheesin' directly after so I melt. He's smooth...nerdy but smooth as hell with it. And I adore him. Damn now he got my toes curling and ain't even home!
coilynapp likes this.
I'm sorry but B-Nessa1 cracks me up. I mean seriously. LOL! I just be rollin' at some of the posts she makes Especially up in that Chick-fil-a thread..when she said all this stuff about Christianity and gays ..then was like.."And I'mma STILL eat my Chick-fil-a..cause the nuggets are bomb". I.WAS.DEAD. Last night. She reminds me of them old school black ladies.. that would say some wild stuff and then be like.."What ? What's the problem.. you know DAYUM well I ain't even lyin" but then can get on the phone with white folk and act just as proper. ROFLMAO!

My behind is DOA!
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
It's not just that he said it, he's giving millions of dollars to support anti-equality groups and legislation.

Denying business permits does seem shady, but I don't think they want their cities to help fund bigotry. I doubt that will uphold if Chick fil A really really wants to open a location there.

I haven't been in Chicago since this whole thing blew up, but the one that's already there gets decent business. Chicago's rules and stuff confuse me with the Alderman business.
Last relaxer: 8.4.10
BC: 9.6.11

when will your favs?

LOL at Marah! My daughter lookin at me so crazy cuz I am lmbo. But its true! Lol. Their chicken nuggets ARE the bomb. I havent bought a McDonald's nugget in so long. And when I did it was gross. I couldn't feed that to my baby. Cfa got a 8 piece for 2.85 AND their milkshakes are the bomb. If they know what's good for them they will shut up all that we don't support gays crap. Gays get hungry too, they betta gone somewhere with that.


Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
Kinky DaySha and Jo Somebody like this.
Who's My Hair?
3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
BC- May 16, 2010
Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
LUVVV my natural hair!!!
Saria.. don't be loving him too much because while I'm here home and been thinking about it..I think he's DEAD WRONG. And I'm going to tell him so. If he knew I'm running around sounding sexist,misogynistic, and down right ignorant... I don't understand why he didn't just correct me. To be frank, I'm highly embarrased. I didn't know that saying females when referring to women and girls collectively is disrespectful. And if my husband knows so much he could have told me..not just have me out here looking like boo boo da fool. I'm seriously kind of hot about it. I bet Alcide would have told me.. humph!
Originally Posted by *Marah*

Who are you kidding, there would be no talking between you and Alcide...he wouldn't tell you NUTHIN'

I too wondered about why he didn't correct you. But does he correct you about other things? Maybe he thought well, "My sweetheart is a woman, I don't think she means any harm by using 'females'" But I could be wrong. Maybe he just didn't think about it that much?

Ask him, I want to know!!!! LOL. I like the part of your conversation were he said "you say some interesting things"...but I love you though!!!!!!! Good save!
Originally Posted by coilynapp
First of all.. let me set the record straight. There would be a WHOLE LOT of talking between me and Alcide. I mean we'd be in our birthday suits but we WOULD be talking. Okay.. I think my toes just curled describing that... shameful.

See..and that's exactly why I KNOW I would have to stay away from Alcide. For real. I mean I can't imagine like seeing him every day face to face. Hell I can't stop grinnin' and skinnin' just when I see a jpeg of the guy.. I wouldn't last five minutes in his presence. I KNOW if he wanted me I would never cheat on my husband though because I couldn't live with it. But I do know I wouldn't be able be around Alcide for long periods of time ..alone without serious concern.

No. I'd have to stay away because well I prefer my husband not serving a prison term for killing folks.

Anyway my husband will be home in an hour. And I am going to ask him..because I want to know as well. Yeah..he did indeed save his own life! He's slick like that...saying something and then saying I love you and cheesin' directly after so I melt. He's smooth...nerdy but smooth as hell with it. And I adore him. Damn now he got my toes curling and ain't even home!
Originally Posted by *Marah*
LOL Marah!

You're not the only one. I.just.melt whenever I see him. But at first, we wouldn't be doing a whole lot of talking...except for saying names and "yes"...lawd...
*Marah* likes this.
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
City officials block businesses like Wal-Mart and Hooters all time, and they do it successfully. I don't see why CFA would be any different.
CocoT and annabananalise like this.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
It's not just that he said it, he's giving millions of dollars to support anti-equality groups and legislation.

Denying business permits does seem shady, but I don't think they want their cities to help fund bigotry. I doubt that will uphold if Chick fil A really really wants to open a location there.

I haven't been in Chicago since this whole thing blew up, but the one that's already there gets decent business. Chicago's rules and stuff confuse me with the Alderman business.
Originally Posted by annabananalise
I understand why people would have a problem with CF but I personally am ambivilent. I like the shakes like B-Nessa likes the nuggets so I will be all up in there. As far as charitable contributions, I'm skeptical because what is being brought up in the media is only certain benefactors likely to fan the fire. I know for a fact at least where I live the restaurant chain helps out the Red Cross by giving free sandwhich cards to blood donors to encourage giving. They also help schools, ect. I always consider the source and I don't trust anyone who would portray the company as complete villain or complete hero. I don't know how they run their company but by far CF has the best friendliest staff among those type franchises.

IMO governments (local, state, and private) waste so much money on stupid sh*t that I am not trying to hear any concerns about where the tax dollars go. If Chicago officials had any sense they would have kept quiet and made up a bogus reason for denying the permit instead of telling everyone they plan to discriminate. A lot of people don't rent to or hire blacks and Latinos but they don't make an announcement about it.
What???
Clothesline fresh and fluffy curls

...i'm supersonic
Cerendipity likes this.
**sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.


http://www.platinumpj.com
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
@PlatinumPJ
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
City officials block businesses like Wal-Mart and Hooters all time, and they do it successfully. I don't see why CFA would be any different.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Agreed. Communities and their leaders try to block or persuade businesses to locate in their areas all the time. It's nothing new.

I remember two examples in my area specifically. One was for a large company to build a factory here and the mayor was constantly going to meetings and giving speeches to persuade the company to build here because of all the jobs it would bring here. Another time there was a big uproar about not wanted an Independent Free Clinic located in a certain " upper class neighborhood" and all sorts of politicians got involved with that one.

Honestly, Chick-fil-a supporters are just using that excuse as another angle to play the victim on.
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
City officials block businesses like Wal-Mart and Hooters all time, and they do it successfully. I don't see why CFA would be any different.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Yes they do get blocked but they have to have a legal basis for doing it. I have sat through more than my share of planning commission meetings and they can't tell for instance a strip club owner "we think your business is immoral and you can't open". There has to be something with zoning or with the building design plans, code or whatever. Or you could end up on court. A neighboring city to mine is probably about to get sued by the justice department for denying an occupancy permit to a psychiatric clinic in an area where zoning permits such facilities. Why? because the people in the neighborhood didn't want it.
Maybe...Cathy came out and said he was against gay marriage because Obama finally said he was supporting gay marriage and it's just another way to be against obama... Because everybody hates Obama.


Sent from my shiPhone using CurlTalk
I will never tire of this gif. Goddamn, Daniel Henney. I gotta watch this movie.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1fectxVtZ1qisfbpo1_400.gif

Jo Somebody likes this.

Last edited by Saria; 08-02-2012 at 05:16 PM.
What???
Clothesline fresh and fluffy curls

...i'm supersonic
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
lmfao
I'm seriously considering selling my eggs to pay for grad school. I have 1 year left and can't get enough money together without being flat broke and living off scraps for a year. *sigh* it's tough decision time.


Sent from this FABOO cell💆📲
CocoT likes this.
A mixture of hunger and curiosity drew me to Chick-Fil-A today. I'm eating now and it is not packed like I heard yesterday when my neighbors waited 45 minutes for a sandwhich but they are definitely doing a lot of business for almost 4 pm. The staff isn't getting a minute to catch their breath. I will continue to eat here but I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I have a problem with the dumb butt city officials who said they would deny business permits based on what was said. That is illegal, immoral and would never stand up in court.
Originally Posted by adthomas
It's not just that he said it, he's giving millions of dollars to support anti-equality groups and legislation.

Denying business permits does seem shady, but I don't think they want their cities to help fund bigotry. I doubt that will uphold if Chick fil A really really wants to open a location there.

I haven't been in Chicago since this whole thing blew up, but the one that's already there gets decent business. Chicago's rules and stuff confuse me with the Alderman business.
Originally Posted by annabananalise
I understand why people would have a problem with CF but I personally am ambivilent. I like the shakes like B-Nessa likes the nuggets so I will be all up in there. As far as charitable contributions, I'm skeptical because what is being brought up in the media is only certain benefactors likely to fan the fire. I know for a fact at least where I live the restaurant chain helps out the Red Cross by giving free sandwhich cards to blood donors to encourage giving. They also help schools, ect. I always consider the source and I don't trust anyone who would portray the company as complete villain or complete hero. I don't know how they run their company but by far CF has the best friendliest staff among those type franchises.

IMO governments (local, state, and private) waste so much money on stupid sh*t that I am not trying to hear any concerns about where the tax dollars go. If Chicago officials had any sense they would have kept quiet and made up a bogus reason for denying the permit instead of telling everyone they plan to discriminate. A lot of people don't rent to or hire blacks and Latinos but they don't make an announcement about it.
Originally Posted by adthomas
That's all fine and dandy but what about the people who don't have rights...you can give to the Red Cross all day long but that doesn't balance out the fact that you gave money to an organization that supports murdering (gay) human beings. Sorry, it just doesn't. If I'm really that concerned about the Red Cross I'll give my money directly to them.

As far as considering the source. A Chick-fil-a top business man was the one who made the statement and opened them up to all the scrutiny. They've been caught in lie after lie and they are proud of donating to the hate groups...so, we have it straight from the party in question.

I'm only speaking for myself here...Chick-fil-a is yummy. I loved their chicken nuggets when I was little. However, a person will always be more important than one chicken sandwich. Yeah, the groups that they donate to don't oppress me but I would consider myself selfish to say "Oh, you don't have equal rights...that's too bad but this chicken is the bomb!" I can get a chicken sandwich anywhere.

To flip the script...if Mcdonalds announced they donated to the KKK ( but black people can still come into the store, get served, and give them money), I certainly wouldn't be eating there anymore. To bad for the Ronald Mcdonald House charity and all the other "great" things they did.

I feel like I'm in a position in history to make a difference for an oppressed group and I'm going to do my part. ( That doesn't just mean boycotting the chain, I've been pro gay rights since I was a kid and I've been active in the cause). I have heterosexual priveledge and I feel like the very least I could do is get my chicken elsewhere. It's not really all about me and my tastebuds at this point. It's about my fellow human beings. Again, for me...that's just how I feel.

As far as friendly service goes...people can smile in your face and then stab you in the back ( or donate to organizations that will do it for them...literally).
CocoT likes this.

Last edited by greenjumper; 08-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.
^this x billion and <3

Anywho the southern chicken sandwhich at McDonald's is a replica of chickfila...I mean it's a tad off but I think McDonald's won't get any closer for being sued. Cause theyre almost there. Or at least when it first came out that's how it tasted. I haven't eaten chicken in a while...it's ugly. I can't eat ugly.


Sent from my shiPhone using CurlTalk

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com