Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree15269Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #18361
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

Waiting to hear back from a job position today
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #18362
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl09 View Post
Waiting to hear back from a job position today
Good luck!


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #18363
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl09 View Post
Waiting to hear back from a job position today
Hoping you get it!
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #18364
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Just heard Boehner talking about this fiscal cliff. I am highly annoyed with all these ridiculous talking points regarding the economy. News flash: Obama is the president and the majority of America chose him. They obviously trust him and have faith in the policies he proposed during his campaign, including the economic policy. So he says he wants to work with the president yet he's not budging from the economic ideologies that America has plainly rejected! Romney lost! get over it! He doesn't want to touch the tax rates on the rich but if they don't get something going soon, before January, middle class Americans will be out of $4500+.

These republicans are going to ruin the economy. I say let the president do what he wants and see how it goes. You've had your way and its not working!

You say you want to be lead then follow his lead!


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Truqueen01 likes this.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Last edited by CocoT; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #18365
 
cocodej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,170
Default

Key & Peele: Obama's Anger Translator - Victory - YouTube
__________________
James Baldwin
A Talk To Teachers
[...]
one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society
[...]

cocodej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #18366
 
CocoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,326
Default

Quote:



Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
cocodej likes this.
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
CocoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #18367
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

So the principle said she would let me know today through email if I got the position or not..... I'm calling TOD now. Should I send an email Monday?
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #18368
 
Saila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl09 View Post
So the principle said she would let me know today through email if I got the position or not..... I'm calling TOD now. Should I send an email Monday?
Good luck!!! I actually just submitted my first job app yesterday. No clue as to if they'll even consider me though.
Saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #18369
 
adthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,640
Default

A white friend guy told me the other day I'm more white than he is. I asked him why he said that and he said because I speak proper English. He said none of the other black people he knows speak proper English and neither does he. I'm not offended but surprised because I don't get those comments as much from white people. I have had plenty of black people tell me I "talk white". Even my Mexican immigrant friends say I sound like a white girl. I don't know why so many people equate speaking proper English with whiteness. To be honest, because I'm a journalist I have to watchful of my grammar, but even when I'm not working I generally speak proper English because that is what comes naturally to me and not because I'm trying to be better than anyone. I've been speaking this way my whole life probably because of growing up in a place where most people spoke proper English. Why do people act like it's so odd I'm black, and I use proper subject verb agreement. I don't go around correcting people's grammar although I have no problem with them correcting mine in English or Spanish. I've actually had people get mad at me about speaking proper English.
ElenaMaylee and Knotty_Maddy like this.
__________________
"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #18370
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adthomas View Post
A white friend guy told me the other day I'm more white than he is. I asked him why he said that and he said because I speak proper English. He said none of the other black people he knows speak proper English and neither does he. I'm not offended but surprised because I don't get those comments as much from white people. I have had plenty of black people tell me I "talk white". Even my Mexican immigrant friends say I sound like a white girl. I don't know why so many people equate speaking proper English with whiteness. To be honest, because I'm a journalist I have to watchful of my grammar, but even when I'm not working I generally speak proper English because that is what comes naturally to me and not because I'm trying to be better than anyone. I've been speaking this way my whole life probably because of growing up in a place where most people spoke proper English. Why do people act like it's so odd I'm black, and I use proper subject verb agreement. I don't go around correcting people's grammar although I have no problem with them correcting mine in English or Spanish. I've actually had people get mad at me about speaking proper English.
My sister and I went through this growing up and it still continues. Now my daughter hears it too.
ElenaMaylee and Knotty_Maddy like this.
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #18371
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Default

I wish more English-speakers spoke proper English. "Bad" English is rubbing off on me.

I like proper English.
damsel_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #18372
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Walmart & Target have taken Black Friday too far. It should be against labor laws to go to work in retail on the holidays.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #18373
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

SPEAKING OF LABOR LAWS.


my work is trife.
Now its mandatory that everyone work at least one holiday. Which i think is bollocks because half of us are college students from out of state (I'm not but I live 6 hours away which surprises people that I'm still in the same state lol), the holidays are our only opportunity to see our families. the other half live here are locals, or live with their parents. I'm sorry but shouldn't they be the ones working on the holidays. IF I lived with my family or lived in the same town, I wouldn't care to work on the holidays, because once my shift is over I can go home TO MY FAMILY. BUT I DON'T so I think it's not fair that I'm going to probably have to work on Christmas and then go home and sit in my apt by myself, with no one because everyone I know is from out of state also and will be gone. I mean I don't even have a cat to stay with. This is bullsh*t and I'm pissed.


I swear every person that came in my job today was stupid. af. WHY ARE HUMANS SO STUPID. GAH. USE YOUR BRAIN.

I saw that walmart opens at 8 on christmas. I thought that was stupid and unfair. Like really. So once you finish christmas dinner you're gonna go shop. Chill your shhh.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #18374
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Walmart & Target have taken Black Friday too far. It should be against labor laws to go to work in retail on the holidays.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
I refuse to participate in Black Friday shopping because it's gotten out of hand. Also, I don't feel that I should inconvenience someone's holiday by *having* to line up or shop on Thursday night. I also don't go to Christmas Day movies for the same reason. We can't seem to function for a couple of days without stores and movies. It's ridiculous.
Kinky DaySha and Knotty_Maddy like this.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #18375
 
gagirl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

Yeah I hate that consumers won't take a stand and say enough and not participate in this madness. We are sooooo greedy and marerialistic
__________________
Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
BC: December 19, 2009
Products: Whatever works!
gagirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #18376
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

To me, what's worse is those who insist one it, screaming about needing their deals and sales as if they won't be happening all season.

I'm not a Christian, but I hate to see the Christmas season turned into such a mess. Parents fighting for toys, people stampeding for electronic equipment. It's ridiculous.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #18377
 
murrrcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Walmart & Target have taken Black Friday too far. It should be against labor laws to go to work in retail on the holidays.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
I refuse to participate in Black Friday shopping because it's gotten out of hand. Also, I don't feel that I should inconvenience someone's holiday by *having* to line up or shop on Thursday night. I also don't go to Christmas Day movies for the same reason. We can't seem to function for a couple of days without stores and movies. It's ridiculous.

Tell that to my job!
We're open 365.

But I worked on Christmas eve and I realized lots of people don't celebrate Christmas. Because a lot of people came in my job on Christmas eve, most were of the south Asian ethnic group persuasion. And apparently even more came in on christmas day, because I remember someone making inflammatory remarks about it.

So I guess we shouldn't stop stores because not everyone cares about Christmas. BUT I'm mad my boss is making it mandatory for everyone to work a holiday, like she doesn't know half of us DO NOT LIVE HERE PERMANENTLY, WE'RE HERE FOR SCHOOL.

I'm so mad.
I'm still mad.
Do you know how many family events I've missed for this job and for school?? TOO MANY. AND I DON'T LIKE SCHOOL NOR MY JOB (right now). If it was a job I liked, I wouldn't care. But when you're at work dreaming about jumping off a 90ft tower into a bed of needles, because that is how much you hate being there. I'd rather not spend my Christmas there.

and now this weird guy thinks he's like my friend or something and won't stop talking to me. Like you come and talk to me for an hour, about idk because I was not listening I deliberately turned the other way so that he was talking to the side of my body BECAUSE I'M NOT GETTING IN TROUBLE BECAUSE YOU ARE TALKING AT ME! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU GO AWAY.
Then on my lunch break I sit by myself, beside another girl who I'm friends with. Like at a separate table because I didn't feel like having to talk to her because I just spent half the day talking to idiots. I had to wait to see where that guy was going to sit on his lunch break because for some cursed reason we got breaks at the same time. HE sat with some lady she got up and left and NEXT THING I KNOW HE'S SITTING WITH ME. He's like "I'm going to sit here". EXCUSE ME?!? EXCUSE ME???? DID I WANT YOU TO SIT HERE?? Did you ASK??
TF? And he just sits there talking at me. ABOUT SHH I DON'T LIKE. I'M TRYING TO EAT, AND READ FROM MY KINDLE AND YOU'RE TALKING AT ME. Then he started asking me about myself,
"what do you study at school"
"silence"
" blah blah blah blah hows life"
" *blink* "

Then I just got up half way through my food threw it away and walked away, I had to step away from the situation because I was about to flip the table.

anyway end rant of life before I throw my laptop in anger.
__________________
murrrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #18378
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrrcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Walmart & Target have taken Black Friday too far. It should be against labor laws to go to work in retail on the holidays.

Every teardrop is a waterfall
I refuse to participate in Black Friday shopping because it's gotten out of hand. Also, I don't feel that I should inconvenience someone's holiday by *having* to line up or shop on Thursday night. I also don't go to Christmas Day movies for the same reason. We can't seem to function for a couple of days without stores and movies. It's ridiculous.

Tell that to my job!
We're open 365.

But I worked on Christmas eve and I realized lots of people don't celebrate Christmas. Because a lot of people came in my job on Christmas eve, most were of the south Asian ethnic group persuasion. And apparently even more came in on christmas day, because I remember someone making inflammatory remarks about it.

So I guess we shouldn't stop stores because not everyone cares about Christmas. BUT I'm mad my boss is making it mandatory for everyone to work a holiday, like she doesn't know half of us DO NOT LIVE HERE PERMANENTLY, WE'RE HERE FOR SCHOOL.

I'm so mad.
I'm still mad.
Do you know how many family events I've missed for this job and for school?? TOO MANY. AND I DON'T LIKE SCHOOL NOR MY JOB (right now). If it was a job I liked, I wouldn't care. But when you're at work dreaming about jumping off a 90ft tower into a bed of needles, because that is how much you hate being there. I'd rather not spend my Christmas there.

and now this weird guy thinks he's like my friend or something and won't stop talking to me. Like you come and talk to me for an hour, about idk because I was not listening I deliberately turned the other way so that he was talking to the side of my body BECAUSE I'M NOT GETTING IN TROUBLE BECAUSE YOU ARE TALKING AT ME! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU GO AWAY.
Then on my lunch break I sit by myself, beside another girl who I'm friends with. Like at a separate table because I didn't feel like having to talk to her because I just spent half the day talking to idiots. I had to wait to see where that guy was going to sit on his lunch break because for some cursed reason we got breaks at the same time. HE sat with some lady she got up and left and NEXT THING I KNOW HE'S SITTING WITH ME. He's like "I'm going to sit here". EXCUSE ME?!? EXCUSE ME???? DID I WANT YOU TO SIT HERE?? Did you ASK??
TF? And he just sits there talking at me. ABOUT SHH I DON'T LIKE. I'M TRYING TO EAT, AND READ FROM MY KINDLE AND YOU'RE TALKING AT ME. Then he started asking me about myself,
"what do you study at school"
"silence"
" blah blah blah blah hows life"
" *blink* "

Then I just got up half way through my food threw it away and walked away, I had to step away from the situation because I was about to flip the table.

anyway end rant of life before I throw my laptop in anger.
Oh, I don't either from a religious POV. But, anyone who has been her for a couple of years probably knows it's an all encompassing secular holiday, too, at this point. Convenience has to cave to some sense at some point.

We have a small volunteer crew at Thanksgiving (we're closed for it) to switch out the decor, and I did it one year. The phone never stopped ringing, and people were pounding on the windows and flipping us off because we wouldn't open so they could get more whipped cream or potatoes. Srsly. Plan ahead or deal.
murrrcat likes this.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #18379
 
Nappy_curly_crown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via Yahoo to Nappy_curly_crown
Default

I spent the day raking leaves....and now I can barely move. I freaking workout 5x a week, I lift weights, I run, and all it took was a freaking rake and some leaves to leave me sore ALL FREAKING OVER.
murrrcat likes this.
__________________
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Nappy_curly_crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #18380
 
juanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown View Post
I spent the day raking leaves....and now I can barely move. I freaking workout 5x a week, I lift weights, I run, and all it took was a freaking rake and some leaves to leave me sore ALL FREAKING OVER.
Muscles used in a different way. Good workout then, huh?
__________________

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder
.




juanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com