-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   Review of KINKY CURLY PERFECTLY POLISHED OIL (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/143360-review-kinky-curly-perfectly-polished-oil.html)

NubianPrize 04-16-2012 08:47 PM

Review of KINKY CURLY PERFECTLY POLISHED OIL

I just got some Kinky Curly's new Perfectly Polished hair oil at Target because the weather's warmer now & I can do Kinky Curly wash & go again. I like it a lothttp://www.nappturality.com/forum/im...s/smilefro.gif. Much better than the Gloss Pomade. It's made my hair nice & soft & gotten rid of the stiffness/crunchy feeling. Yesterday was in the upper 80's with low humidity & my hair got to feeling a bit dry & I had to spray it twice. After coming home & using the oil, it was much softer. Today it was hotter than yesterday & it stayed nice all day......the curls even looked better defined & shiny & I didn't have to respray in the middle of the day to get rid of a dry feeling. Soft pretty hair all day !
So far I'm loving this oil & it's going to be a staple in my KCCC regimenhttp://www.nappturality.com/forum/im...othysmilie.gif. It's pricey
at $18- $20 for a 4 oz bottle but,it's about as thick as JBCO you only need a very little bit & so far after 1 or 2 applications you may not need to use it every day. Just rub between your palms & smooth it over your hair.

Here are the ingredients:
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil and natural fragrance

Here's what it says on the site:
PERFECTLY POLISHED

PERFECTLY POLISHED is a pure and natural blend of luxurious oils. Formulated with Argan Oil from Morocco it is designed to lubricate, protect and add a healthy shine to your hair.
Can be used for hot oil treatments, pre-shampoo treatments and as a finishing aid on dry hair.
NO MINERAL OIL, NO PETROLEUM AND SILICONE FREE

Ashkins1118 04-17-2012 09:50 AM

Oh just saw this in Target over the weekend for the first time. I liked the combination of oils and the smell, but you're right about it being pricey. I would try it though since my hair totally loves oils. I didn't have luck with KCCC but every other KC product I've tried has worked for me in some way.

redcelticcurls 04-17-2012 09:55 AM

Thank you for the review. I've had such good results with most of the line, and I was curious about this.

soleilmoncur 04-17-2012 09:56 AM

Dang that's expensive. It may be cheaper to mix it yourself.

Cerendipity 04-17-2012 10:08 AM

I saw it in Target last night and chuckled

No way in heck would I buy it but it looked cute

itsKelCeeEee 04-17-2012 03:44 PM

I ain't seen nothin Kinky-Curly in Target except for Come Clean. It's as if naturals are on a Kinky-Curly warpath now because I went to three Targets and couldn't find a bottle of Knot Today anywhere, and when I finally found the last one this woman who had to be in her forties ran up, snatched it off the shelf, and glared at me. I was so confused.

If I see this though, I might have to check it out. I found my HG oil in Curls Blissful Lengths Kukinut hair oil though, so I might sample someone else's bottle first. :laughing5:

hippychic 04-18-2012 09:34 AM

itsKelCeeEee 04-18-2012 09:40 AM

redcelticcurls 04-18-2012 09:43 AM

Girlllll she was real serious too. It was hilarious.

Er, are you in Pittsburgh?

BlackAngelPlayah 04-18-2012 12:12 PM

Girlllll she was real serious too. It was hilarious.

Thought in her mind: "NO ma'am! MINE!"

Thought in your mind: O....Kaaaaay..."

:p

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

NubianPrize 04-18-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee (Post 1935446)

Child you better set up your bed in Target & be there when deliveries come in. It's spring now, the weather's warmer & FOLKS ARE ON THE KINKY CURLY WARPATH !!
All the targets near me are almost out of everything & i was lucky to find the oil. Two bottles of KT left & I got one....have another full bottle at home.
BTW, I'm on day 5 of KCCC & the new oil. Hair still looks great;just need a spray bottle in the morning. No dry feel or crunch. I LOVE IT !!!!

parislarue 04-18-2012 08:54 PM

Doesn't surprise me that the oil is getting good reviews

Lovemenappy 04-19-2012 01:16 AM

I saw this in Target as well, but that's very expensive for a hair oil. It could very well be 50% Apricot oil with a smaller percentage of the other ingredients for selling point. And for that, I could definitely mix it myself. OP, I would invest in a bit of Apricot oil and do a side by side comparison to see if the difference is that compelling enough to warrant the price of KCs oil.

PRINCETON 04-19-2012 02:13 AM

That ingredient "Natural Fragrance" prevents me from getting it.

It's like foods that say "natural Flavors" which basically means if we told you how we made the flavor then you wouldn't buy it if you really knew what was good and bad for you.

I'll wait till they release the real ingredients that make up the fragrance.

PRINCETON
Just a guy with long curly hair

happyface 04-19-2012 07:47 AM

You might be waiting a while because I don't think companies have to release what makes a fragrance unless it contains ingredients that are known allergens.

Ketchup 04-19-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by lovemenappy (Post 1936438)
i saw this in target as well, but that's very expensive for a hair oil. It could very well be 50% apricot oil with a smaller percentage of the other ingredients for selling point. And for that, i could definitely mix it myself. Op, i would invest in a bit of apricot oil and do a side by side comparison to see if the difference is that compelling enough to warrant the price of kcs oil.

✌📲

Lovemenappy 04-21-2012 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by happyface (Post 1936517)

True. On top of that, most businesses don't even have access to information regarding what's inside of a fragrance. The fragrances they use most certainly aren't natural though. KCCC reminds me of the run of the mill cheesecake fragrance while KCKT smells like lemon verbena fragrance oil. It wouldnt hurt you though...fragrance is added up to only about 1%.

itsKelCeeEee 04-22-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 1935903)

Girlllll she was real serious too. It was hilarious.

Er, are you in Pittsburgh?

Siri types my posts for me.

So late but no. I'm in Virginia. And I still haven't seen any oil. There's no way we can be THAT late in getting things...

TB11 08-07-2012 07:59 PM

We have it in Northern VA. I bought some bcuz I love all the other KC products but when I used it, it just made my curls frizz up. Anyone have any advice on usage?

curly 2010 09-11-2012 01:50 AM

My daughter, granddaughter, and I use the Kinky -Curly line & love it! My daughter let me try some of the Perfectly Polished Oil and I loved what it did for my curls - super shine and softness. My husband loved my curls so much he surprised me with a bottle today. He also got me the Midnight Miracle to try. :D