Review of KINKY CURLY PERFECTLY POLISHED OIL

I just got some Kinky Curly's new Perfectly Polished hair oil at Target because the weather's warmer now & I can do Kinky Curly wash & go again. I like it a lot. Much better than the Gloss Pomade. It's made my hair nice & soft & gotten rid of the stiffness/crunchy feeling. Yesterday was in the upper 80's with low humidity & my hair got to feeling a bit dry & I had to spray it twice. After coming home & using the oil, it was much softer. Today it was hotter than yesterday & it stayed nice all day......the curls even looked better defined & shiny & I didn't have to respray in the middle of the day to get rid of a dry feeling. Soft pretty hair all day !
So far I'm loving this oil & it's going to be a staple in my KCCC regimen. It's pricey
at $18- $20 for a 4 oz bottle but,it's about as thick as JBCO you only need a very little bit & so far after 1 or 2 applications you may not need to use it every day. Just rub between your palms & smooth it over your hair.

Here are the ingredients:
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil and natural fragrance

Here's what it says on the site:
PERFECTLY POLISHED

PERFECTLY POLISHED is a pure and natural blend of luxurious oils. Formulated with Argan Oil from Morocco it is designed to lubricate, protect and add a healthy shine to your hair.
Can be used for hot oil treatments, pre-shampoo treatments and as a finishing aid on dry hair.
NO MINERAL OIL, NO PETROLEUM AND SILICONE FREE
Hair type 4 "mystery"
Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products
Oh just saw this in Target over the weekend for the first time. I liked the combination of oils and the smell, but you're right about it being pricey. I would try it though since my hair totally loves oils. I didn't have luck with KCCC but every other KC product I've tried has worked for me in some way.
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much

Thank you for the review. I've had such good results with most of the line, and I was curious about this.

Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Dang that's expensive. It may be cheaper to mix it yourself.
Jo Somebody likes this.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.

I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!

I saw it in Target last night and chuckled

No way in heck would I buy it but it looked cute
msavie likes this.
I ain't seen nothin Kinky-Curly in Target except for Come Clean. It's as if naturals are on a Kinky-Curly warpath now because I went to three Targets and couldn't find a bottle of Knot Today anywhere, and when I finally found the last one this woman who had to be in her forties ran up, snatched it off the shelf, and glared at me. I was so confused.

If I see this though, I might have to check it out. I found my HG oil in Curls Blissful Lengths Kukinut hair oil though, so I might sample someone else's bottle first.

lmaoooo @some1 snatching the product
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Er, are you in Pittsburgh?

Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Thought in her mind: "NO ma'am! MINE!"

Thought in your mind: O....Kaaaaay..."

Jen

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

FroZen

Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Child you better set up your bed in Target & be there when deliveries come in. It's spring now, the weather's warmer & FOLKS ARE ON THE KINKY CURLY WARPATH !!
All the targets near me are almost out of everything & i was lucky to find the oil. Two bottles of KT left & I got one....have another full bottle at home.
BTW, I'm on day 5 of KCCC & the new oil. Hair still looks great;just need a spray bottle in the morning. No dry feel or crunch. I LOVE IT !!!!
Hair type 4 "mystery"
Doesn't surprise me that the oil is getting good reviews
3C .....thru......10Z
Holy Grail Products:
KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

I saw this in Target as well, but that's very expensive for a hair oil. It could very well be 50% Apricot oil with a smaller percentage of the other ingredients for selling point. And for that, I could definitely mix it myself. OP, I would invest in a bit of Apricot oil and do a side by side comparison to see if the difference is that compelling enough to warrant the price of KCs oil.
That ingredient "Natural Fragrance" prevents me from getting it.

It's like foods that say "natural Flavors" which basically means if we told you how we made the flavor then you wouldn't buy it if you really knew what was good and bad for you.

I'll wait till they release the real ingredients that make up the fragrance.

PRINCETON
Just a guy with long curly hair
You might be waiting a while because I don't think companies have to release what makes a fragrance unless it contains ingredients that are known allergens.
“Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
i saw this in target as well, but that's very expensive for a hair oil. It could very well be 50% apricot oil with a smaller percentage of the other ingredients for selling point. And for that, i could definitely mix it myself. Op, i would invest in a bit of apricot oil and do a side by side comparison to see if the difference is that compelling enough to warrant the price of kcs oil.
Originally Posted by lovemenappy

✌📲

Coily, Kinky & Nappy.
Originally Posted by happyface
True. On top of that, most businesses don't even have access to information regarding what's inside of a fragrance. The fragrances they use most certainly aren't natural though. KCCC reminds me of the run of the mill cheesecake fragrance while KCKT smells like lemon verbena fragrance oil. It wouldnt hurt you though...fragrance is added up to only about 1%.
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Er, are you in Pittsburgh?

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
So late but no. I'm in Virginia. And I still haven't seen any oil. There's no way we can be THAT late in getting things...

SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
We have it in Northern VA. I bought some bcuz I love all the other KC products but when I used it, it just made my curls frizz up. Anyone have any advice on usage?
My daughter, granddaughter, and I use the Kinky -Curly line & love it! My daughter let me try some of the Perfectly Polished Oil and I loved what it did for my curls - super shine and softness. My husband loved my curls so much he surprised me with a bottle today. He also got me the Midnight Miracle to try.