Kimmaytube's new hair products

Like Tree80Likes


You can search on this site and youtube since you don't want to go by "hearsay". But if you're so determined to buy from her then even that probably won't change your mind.

So many folks want to "buy black" or buy locally to support their own regardless, but for me to put it frank, it's quite stupid. There are too many great companies out there who are not a black brand to waste money and time on folks who know that there are people who are going to throw money at them just because they're black and natural, and not give 2 cents on being a professional brand.
Originally Posted by soleilmoncur
I think this needs to be said:

First off, folks were asked would they buy Kim's products. Period. Some said they would (yay!) and some said they wouldn't (yay!). That's the way it goes.

My reasons for not buying don't have to be anyone else's. Nobody is trying to get anyone not to buy from Kim. However, I think things get stuck when others feel another person's reasons have to be weighed on their personal scale. They do not. For some, Kim's behavior is "hearsay". For others, like me, it's direct experience. Either way, do you. It's your money, your convictions, your hair.

Finally, nobody said it's "stupid" to buy from black businesses. I said that it's not my primary consideration when I decide to purchase. If I'm black, and the person I'm considering buying from is black, seems like the consideration for the other should be mutual, if the "black card" is going to be on the table. Of course there are black companies that give good customer service, and make great products - I gave an example of one in this thread.

As a black person, I would never rest in the faulty assumption that my "blackness" automatically gives me a pass (or should give me a pass) with another person...because that other person is also black.

Today, you need to dig deep and do your best, and expect that level of commitment to make the difference in whether or not you succeed.

Best of luck to Kim...I'm out.
Originally Posted by Ninjarette
Agree with all parts of your comment.

Everyone needs to do what works for them and not imply others have no standards/morals because they purchase from people they have never had problems with.

As for the 'stupid' line, it was from the comment made by soleilmoncur a few posts before mine. I have quoted the first part of it in this comment.
Originally Posted by Ogo'm
Underlined the word REGARDLESS.

So many folks want to "buy black" or buy locally to support their own regardless, but for me to put it frank, it's quite stupid.
I think I was pretty clear, but to elaborate: Some people will buy from black companies just because they are black owned companies REGARDLESS of the fact that the products don't work well or the company is lacking in other factors. I mentioned earlier that I buy from Darcy's Botanicals which is a black owned company because I like the owner and her constant professionalism. Like ninjarette said it's your money, your hair and your convictions. If you don't believe what was said about her or don't care because she didn't do anything to you, your dog, or your family then just do you and buy. I can't tell you who to buy from, just that I WON'T be buying from her.

I'm cashing out.
3c/4aish, high porosity, fine strands,medium density cottony curls.

LOVES: (editing)

Save $10 off your order at Vitacost by clicking here for a code.


I'm not obsessed: I just LOVE my hair!!





I didn't interpret that anyone was saying people shouldn't buy from her. They just said they would or wouldn't buy and their reason. While I watched the YT mess I won't buy bc coconut oil in her leave in. And I'm not interested in a new shampoo or ro conditioner.
"A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all." - Clive Davis
I tried her stuff yesterday. I've only used it once so these are my first impressions. Her packaging is professional and the labels didn't scratch off in the shower.

Detangler - Nice smell, nice consistency, and decent slip. The only pre-poo I've ever used is the Shea Moisture Purification Masque. I much prefer the Shea Moisture, but I think this will work great for me as a leave-in.

Cleanser - It was thick and smelled like peppermint & tea tree. It had little foam and got my hair clean. That's pretty much all I'm looking for in a shampoo so I'm happy with it. It reminds me of that Curls Cleanser that's available at Target (can't think of the name).

Conditioner - This was nice and also had decent slip. I don't remember it smelling like anything. The consistency was thick and a little bubbly. Overall I liked the conditioner.

Leave-in - This smelled nice but had no slip and a weird consistency. It was grainy when I rubbed it in my hands, and it did nothing for my hair. I'm not sure why because all the ingredients looked nice. But with the consistency and performance I definitely won't be purchasing this again. I'm curious to see what others thought about this.

ETA: As for her attitude, I really don't have issues with her. But I'm pretty blunt myself so I probably don't see a problem with it because I can relate. The only difference is I'm not running a business where I'm (and by default my attitude is) the face of the brand. If she offended me I wouldn't purchase from her. If her customer service sucked I wouldn't purchase from her. In the end, like NEA said it's our money. I don't think anyone is telling those of us who purchased that we are stupid for buying from her. They were just stating why they wouldn't. I don't see the problem with that. I do prefer to buy black and I will pay more to buy black because I understand that with any small business it will cost more to produce a product than those producing on a grand scale. I won't buy black if the service or the product sucks though.
Originally Posted by happyface
Trueeee. Thanks for sharing your input cause even though i'm not buying, I'm still curious.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
I will not purchase her products!
I'll wait for the ton of reviews that will be sure to follow. I notice there is glycerin in these products. I'm trying to choose products that have no glycerin. The whole dew point thing is on my nerves. I tried SM Curls Souffle in early spring and the first 3 times got fantastic results. But NYC became very humid in mid-spring and this stuff made my hair look horrible. It took me awhile to realize that it was the weather. I really don't want glycerin in shampoo, conditioner or leave-in, anymore. And I prefer it to be no higher than 3 on the ingredient list of a gel/styler. It's just too much of a balancing act for me.

But if she gets raves, I'll probably at least one of the products.
Well I absolutely adore the cute names & packaging...but nothing "grabs me" in regards to trying. If I buckle one day, the "Don't be so Clingy"-Hair Detangler will be the one. Much success to her though...
*Cleanse: BoBeam
*Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH & Honey I'm Strong
*Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub)/ORS Hair Mayo, CRN Algae Hair Mask
*Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
*Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter
*Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
* LCSO Method
I would give products a try. But right now I'm trying to kill the stash I have. The ingredients ate very good and the packaging is well designed. I personally don't have a dislike in anyway against her. Definitely subscribed to her channel and the videos are very informative. But all in all I wish her the best and I still would even if I didn't like her as a person.
"My hair is a reflection of my personality:
wild, free and beautiful."

Hair Type: S + Z = Crazy Beautiful
Hair Goal: Improve health!! Kill the knots!!!
BSL now
As of 6/24/12: Protective styles for summer
Achieving Curls: Terressentials Mud HAir Wash (the business! Terressentials.com) Giovanni 50/50 Cndtr (retired) KBN Shealoe LCndtr (on probation) Still perfecting the process.
Shoutout to FLAXSEEDS!!!! YOU ARE the MASTER on FRIZZ!!!

I'm coming out of lurkedom to post this review that I found on YT(Product Review: LUV Naturals New Line - YouTube) Like many of you, I'm not going to purchase because I don't care for her attitude, but I was still curious. If more of you decide to purchase, please let us know
Can NEone get me a link to her leave in recipe?? Not someone else who's trying to do it.....but Kim herself...


Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
Can NEone get me a link to her leave in recipe?? Not someone else who's trying to do it.....but Kim herself...
Originally Posted by MissKris
if you can't find it, she probably took it down
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
Can NEone get me a link to her leave in recipe?? Not someone else who's trying to do it.....but Kim herself...


Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4c.....
Originally Posted by MissKris
I got it from YT reviews on it.
"A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all." - Clive Davis
Though it is a detangler and pre-shampoo treatment, it can be used as leave-in. It also has a nice, fresh scent, and detangles as promised.

My only problem with it is I used 75% of the 8 ounce bottle. My hair is predominantly fine and tangles easily, so I either have to use a lot of detangler or the detangler has to be potent in small amounts.

Still, it is a quality product. If later, it came in a liter or gallon size, I'd be tempted to buy it.

For me, this product gets 4 out of 5 curls.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SUMMER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:Shima oil
Shampoo:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir
Cowash:HE The Sleeker The Butter
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT/LI/Detangler/
: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!


Cute but I'm not biting. The 2 I looked at...detangler and leave-in both have coconut. No go for me, I wish her a lot of success though.

...i'm supersonic
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
WOW, I can remember Kim saying in one of her video's that she tried using coconut oils in her hair and "her own hair didn't like COCONUT"
hmmm... I'm not buying her products!
^^WOW is that really all necessary?
Cute but I'm not biting. The 2 I looked at...detangler and leave-in both have coconut. No go for me, I wish her a lot of success though.

...i'm supersonic
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
WOW, I can remember Kim saying in one of her video's that she tried using coconut oils in her hair and "her own hair didn't like COCONUT"
hmmm... I'm not buying her products!
Originally Posted by naturalhairs
Just because she didn't like coconut oil alone doesn't mean it may not work for her in a formulation.
happyface and hippychic like this.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
Cute but I'm not biting. The 2 I looked at...detangler and leave-in both have coconut. No go for me, I wish her a lot of success though.

...i'm supersonic
Originally Posted by Chicago Kinks
WOW, I can remember Kim saying in one of her video's that she tried using coconut oils in her hair and "her own hair didn't like COCONUT"
hmmm... I'm not buying her products!
Originally Posted by naturalhairs
Just because she didn't like coconut oil alone doesn't mean it may not work for her in a formulation.
Originally Posted by CocoT
my hair hates hates hates coconut oil alone but in a formulation, it's boss!!!
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
id purchase it. I did think she was a little arrogant sounding in some of her videos but I dont care. Im sure majority of the companies ppl shop from all the time for groceries clothes or whatever have stuck up arrogant people who wouldnt give you the time of day but everyone shops there. now if they did that to me personally then yes i wouldn't shop there but I could care less as long as they provide something I need. Im not trying to be the persons bff. I know other ppl dont feel the same but oh well. to each their own.
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

I'm glad she likes it. I haven't been able to find a review from a natural whose hair is somewhat like mine. I know each head of hair is unique, but if I could see someone with a similar type.... maybe I should just break down and buy it and be the one to do the review..... IDK


Birth Feb 1984, First press 1990, First relaxer 1992, Last relaxer Oct 2006, BC Sept 2007, 4C, High Porosity, Protein Craving
All you do is piss me off when you do that sort of thing. Why did you say you want to talk and then act like a drama queen the entire time. Okay..so I didn't say EXACTLY what's expected. You already know that's not me. Now you don't want to talk..when I've made every effort. *Sigh*

What's wrong! Just say. Ugh. Just say. Goodness and YES your hair looks nice. You just went natural..calm the BLANK down!
Originally Posted by *Marah*
...I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain? I'm nosy. :-P
Originally Posted by itsKelCeeEee
Oh dear goodness. I had two windows open and posted in the wrong thread. This was supposed to just be a rant about a friend in the Say It Thread.. sorry. I will remove it from here...doesn't have anything to do with anyone from NC.
Originally Posted by *Marah*
This is off topic, but who is the man in the pic? Hot!!
Dee
Last relaxer: September 2011
Follow my progress on my transition blog: http://naturallycurlyjourney.blogspot.com/

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com