Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Like Tree9Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique4me View Post
If you have not seen my post, my challenge for 2013 is to use a hair supplement called Viviscal. Nothing else has worked so Im trying something different to jumpstart my hair growth.
Denimpixie on YouTube has reviewed that product. Sounds interesting

These are my curlfessions
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
 
Mane.attraction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9
Default

This sounds like a great challenge! My hair can definitely use some consistency and TLC. Unfortunately, I, too, am a Product Junkie, and jumping from product to product is doing absolutely nothing for my hair! I plan to kick the habit in 2013...lol...stability is KEY!
ricotdorothy likes this.
__________________
Check out my YouTube Channel: 4a Curls!
Mane.attraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
 
ricotdorothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mane.attraction View Post
This sounds like a great challenge! My hair can definitely use some consistency and TLC. Unfortunately, I, too, am a Product Junkie, and jumping from product to product is doing absolutely nothing for my hair! I plan to kick the habit in 2013...lol...stability is KEY!
Thats going to be hard for me, i promise to settle down though, next month .
__________________

SL
~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~
WL

You never stop learning...
ricotdorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
 
AnnieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 87
Default

I'm in as well.
I have to start finding a consistent regimen for myself and sticking with it.
AnnieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Smile 2013 challenge

For the start of the year i was going to start a no heat, no manipulation challenge. I am going to eliminate a form of heat i used to use on my hair and i will deep condition and shampoo twice a month and condition bi-weekly. I'm also going to have a protective style in for 6 months starting january 1,2013 to June 5,2013. im going to drink ALOT more water and eat right. i will also allow myself to have a seven day pass of leaving my hair out during the six months which i can choose to wear my hair out back to back or once a month. if you would like to join me you can put the following info and post a picture every month or tell how your doing with the challenge....
Length: 5 1/2
Goal: 8 - 10
Products: peter coppola conditioner, leave-in , shea butter
Protective style/ low manipulation: braids, twists, weave
Cant wait to start this challenge
akinyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinyi View Post
For the start of the year i was going to start a no heat, no manipulation challenge. I am going to eliminate a form of heat i used to use on my hair and i will deep condition and shampoo twice a month and condition bi-weekly. I'm also going to have a protective style in for 6 months starting january 1,2013 to June 5,2013. im going to drink ALOT more water and eat right. i will also allow myself to have a seven day pass of leaving my hair out during the six months which i can choose to wear my hair out back to back or once a month. if you would like to join me you can put the following info and post a picture every month or tell how your doing with the challenge....
Length: 5 1/2
Goal: 8 - 10
Products: peter coppola conditioner, leave-in , shea butter
Protective style/ low manipulation: braids, twists, weave
Cant wait to start this challenge
Sounds interesting. Good luck.

These are my curlfessions
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #27
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default Stick To It Challenge

Stick To It Challenge
Choose 1 good hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

Starting January1, 2013 please post your regimen info, starting length & any other info you want to share.

If you fall off the wagon, no worries. Just go for as long as you can.

If you notice your hair doing anything interesting feel free to share.

PLEASE NOTE: Your chosen regimen/routine should be good. If doing the same thing for a month or so causes breakage, please make changes. No challenge is worth hair loss y'all.

Good luck!
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Last edited by ss40; 12-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
 
kurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 624
Default

I better back out of this one....I'm trying to get rid of my stash and I have a variety of products to use up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
3B....Live Curly Live Free Analysis: Texture = Medium Porosity = Normal Elasticity = Normal iherb.com discount code DWW266

Desert Essence Coconut shampoo
Condition: AO_Island Naturals, AO_Honeysuckle, AO White Camellia
LEAVE-IN: Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower, Desert Essence Coconut
STYLE: Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly/AO B-5 gel
Staple: Jojoba Oil
kurlygurly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #29
 
ricotdorothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Stick To It Challenge
Choose 1 good hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

Starting January1, 2013 please post your regimen info, starting length & any other info you want to share.

If you fall off the wagon, no worries. Just go for as long as you can.

If you notice your hair doing anything interesting feel free to share.

PLEASE NOTE: Your chosen regimen/routine should be good. If doing the same thing for a month or so causes breakage, please make changes. No challenge is worth hair loss y'all.

Good luck!
I'm in! I'm set for the year!
__________________

SL
~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~
WL

You never stop learning...
ricotdorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #30
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default Joining Challenge

Im in !
Monthly Cleanse with Sulfate
Weekly Cleanse with Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser
Weekly Deep Conditioning with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask
Daily Leave in TRESumme Naturals
Daily Seal with Coconut Oil

Start Length- Neck Length
Goal Length- Shoulder Length
Will post a picture AS SOON as I get a fresh trim to start off
mickeyhabibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #31
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

My weekly routine:
Hot oil treatment-proclaim 7 oil
Cleansing- acv (week 1 & 3 only) as I am coconut cowash
DC-nothing but intense repair mask or Ion intense hydration mask
Styling-Curlformers set w/ motions foam wrap
Midweek Sealing-nothing but curl sealer & Twistout

I follow naptural85's method for washing hair.

My go to styles are buns & other protective styles I can wear to work.

Starting length- 12in
Goal length- 15in

These are my curlfessions

Edit: So after using curl sealer three times in three months I have decided to switch to sm ces for my mid week Twistout.
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids

Last edited by ss40; 03-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
 
ricotdorothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 436
Default

My Weekly Routine:
Precondition before the wash session with coconut oil then cleanse with curl junkie daily fix.
DC: Curl junkie deep fix w/ my olive honey mix.
Leave in CJ argan and olive oil daily condish or DB pumpkin seed or Herbal Essences honey I'm strong conditioner
Moisturize and seal with QB's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and hemp seed oil or my homemade cupuacu and murumuru butter mix.
Braid to stretch hair and then take out of the plaits the following day to go in a bun for work.
Mid week:Oil rinse with coconut oil.
Protein condition with Millcreek Botanicals Henna Keratin Conditioner 1-2 times a month as needed.
That is it kids, for the year!!!! (The rotation will be streamlined for cost effectiveness over the course of the year; in other words, items on this list will be eliminated from my rotation over time.)

Starting length: 14-15 in.
Goal length: 16 in.
__________________

SL
~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~
WL

You never stop learning...

Last edited by ricotdorothy; 01-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.
ricotdorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
 
Amazing_Jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37
Default

My weekly routine
Wash hair 3x a week to combat my dandruff
DC with steam after every wash to restore moisture and to soften my curls
Moisturize using the LOC method as needed
Protective style to protect ends and reduce detangling sessions.
(haven't decided on the products to use)

Starting length: 8-10 inches

Good luck to everyone!
__________________


Hey, I tweet about my hair journey too along with other things

Oh, and my tumblr

New on my healthy hair journey and developing my regimen. Exploring my inner product junkie

Last edited by Amazing_Jai; 01-01-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Amazing_Jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #34
 
my3curlies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 161
Default

Cowash 1-2x/wk with TN, TJ TTT, or VO5
LOC method with water, castor/olive oil mix and TJ nourish spa
Set hair in braids or twists overnight to dry, then bun.
Prepoo & detangle once a month with Aussie moist and denman, then cleanse with natures gate tea tree shampoo
__________________
Under Construction
my3curlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #35
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Just curious what's the LOC method?

These are my curlfessions
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #36
 
my3curlies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Just curious what's the LOC method?

These are my curlfessions
A way if sealing in moisture. Liquid, oil, then cream.
__________________
Under Construction
my3curlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #37
 
breanaajade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Now that the 2012 Grow Out Challenge is finished, is anyone considering any interesting challenges for 2013? I'm thinking about a simple one:

Stick To It Challenge
Choose 1 hair care routine/regimen for 6 months and don't change it for anything. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you don't change products. You can alternate between DC & PT etc as necessary but the routine should be consistent.

This is going to be hard for me because I don't have the discipline to consistently keep a routine and I'm a product junkie. In the long run this should save me some money at the very least.

I'm establishing a new routine with my weekly curlformers sets so I guess I will hold fast to that from January to June. For me this means no WNGs until the summer time.

If all goes well I'll have 3 or 4 inches of growth.
Definitly in.

Sent from my SCH-R920 using CurlTalk App
breanaajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #38
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3curlies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss40 View Post
Just curious what's the LOC method?

These are my curlfessions
A way if sealing in moisture. Liquid, oil, then cream.
Thanks.

These are my curlfessions
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #39
 
Jo Somebody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,576
Default

Good luck to you ladies. *steps off the thread*


No, not really... I kinda wanna join, but apart from QB stuff, I don't have 6 months worth of anything. So if I joined it'd be a 'stick to it until it's finished' challenge.
Also, no way I can only use one cleansing product for 6 months or whatever. I love my Bobeams and I gots to rotate! They're not all the same.
__________________
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse.

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with!
Jo Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #40
 
ss40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Somebody View Post
Good luck to you ladies. *steps off the thread*


No, not really... I kinda wanna join, but apart from QB stuff, I don't have 6 months worth of anything. So if I joined it'd be a 'stick to it until it's finished' challenge.
Also, no way I can only use one cleansing product for 6 months or whatever. I love my Bobeams and I gots to rotate! They're not all the same.
Its not that restrictive. You can rotate your bobeam bars & if you run out of stuff that's no biggie either. I just ran out of two staples I'll be replacing this weekend.

The goal is to stick with a regimen, whether its weekly or monthly, etc. & to avoid pjism.

For example I won't be trying the new SM products till the summer.

These are my curlfessions
__________________
About my hair:
weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
go to style-Pocahontas braids
ss40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2013, grow out, hair challenge, product junkie, routine
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com