-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   NEW Product Line: ILY Hair Products Reviews? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/155310-new-product-line-ily-hair-products-reviews.html)

TheCurlyOne 02-20-2013 01:21 PM

NEW Product Line: ILY Hair Products Reviews?

Ok, so apparently a couple of years ago taren from youtube held a contest to help launch someone's beauty line? Well a user named sweetteababy won the contest and now has her own line of natural hair products. I've never heard of them before and don't see many reviews. Anyone tried?

SCarrin 02-21-2013 06:05 PM

I never used them but Charyjay on youtube did a tutorial with these products. Maybe you can get an idea of the products from her video.

naturalyogini 02-23-2013 09:44 AM

I just bought a sample of the deep conditioner. When I use it I'll write a review. Still on the search for a cone free conditioner that moisturizes my hair. So far batting zero.

Lovemenappy 02-23-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by naturalyogini (Post 2125099)

Have you tried Brown Butter Beauty, Bask, Curl Junkie, DB? All of them are cone free and offer deep conditioners that get rave reviews. Yes please do leave a review. I tried for about 30 minutes looking for a Contact Us form or email address on that site and couldn't find ANYTHING.

naturalyogini 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lovemenappy (Post 2125286)

Originally Posted by naturalyogini (Post 2125099)

They have a telephone number at the bottom of the site. I was concerned because they don't have an e-mail address. I called the phone number. Left a message and they sent me an e-mail response customer@i​lybeautyco.com. As to the other conditioners none of those conditioners work on my hair. BTMS is not a strong enough conditioner for my dehydrated, porous hair.

naturalyogini 03-01-2013 01:05 PM

Well after one try of the Nurture deep conditioner, it is a miss for me.

Sample size: 2oz in weight not in volume. The owner and I went back and forth on this because my jar was half full. She says she doesn't go by volume but by weight and assured me that it was 2 oz. Ok. Anyway it wasn't enough product for my entire head so I only used it on 1 side so I could compare it to my BBB babassu conditioner.

Scent: Pleasant essential oil scent. If you ever go into WF essential oil section, that's what it smells like. Hard to describe. Lingers in hair but not offensive at all.

Slip: Not enough for me.

Softness & Moisture: In my hair none and none. Not when I applied it or after rinsing it out. When I rinsed it out after sitting under a heating cap for 30 minutes, my hair felt like I had just shampooed it. I had to use 3 leave-ins to soften and moisturize my hair. Perhaps I will try to steam with what I have left.

One last thing. The labels on the bottles did not match the ingredients list on the website. I was assured that I had the latest formula. While this has happened with company's I've ordered from in the past, it gives me pause that a company would send out old label bottles to a brand new customer. Perhaps they are experiencing growing pains.

In conclusion, if you decide to try this conditioner, you may need to buy 2 jars. FYI the bottled conditioners are filled to the top per customer service.

naturalyogini 03-03-2013 01:09 PM

Dash Conditioner

I actually like this conditioner as a deep conditioner. It is a creamy lotion with an herbal/essential oil scent. It detangles well. My hair did not feel moisturized when I was applying it, but after sitting under the heating cap, it softened up quite a bit. Upon rinsing it out, my hair felt moisturized but not soft. It is intended as a 2-3 minute rinse out but I don't think it will work that way for my hair. I have enough left for another application to use under a steamer and try as a leave-n.

Overall this is a very nice conditioner with nice slip and detangling properties.

naturalyogini 03-06-2013 07:15 AM

Final Update on the Dash Conditioner

I decided to use the rest of my bottle as directed. Left it in for 2-3 minutes and rinsed with cool water. Going on, it had lots of slip. BUT when I rinsed it out my hair felt like sandpaper. Not good. I had to use 2 leave-ins and mango butter So it doesn't work for me as a rinse out. I tested the PH and it is a 4.0. So that's not it. Oh well.