CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   Has anyone purchased Camille Rose at Target? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/155741-has-anyone-purchased-camille-rose-target.html)

jneen1105 03-04-2013 06:25 PM

Has anyone purchased Camille Rose at Target?
 
I know they are not officially in stores until the 18th, but some stores have already put the products out. I'm interested in knowing whether any of their ingredients changed for the products that will be sold in Target. They are marketing them as "exclusively sold in Target." So, are they going to stop selling the products at other places or is there something different about the products being sold at Target?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlTalk App

jneen1105 03-04-2013 07:24 PM

I just received a response from their customer service. Ingredients will be the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlTalk App

redbre 03-06-2013 01:10 PM

Thanks for this! I was wondering, as well.

mimismom 03-06-2013 04:01 PM

I just picked up the Curl Love Moisture Milk, Algae Deep Conditioner and the Almond Jai Twisting Butter today and compared them to items I ordered online and have been using for the past few months and there definitely are differences in the ingredients. There are too many for me to list all of them right now but here's the info for the Curl Love Moisture Milk:

Target version: Deionized Water, behentromonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol, avocado oil, rice bran oil, aloe barbadenis leaf, castor seed oil, macadamia seed oil, sorbitol, camellia (green tea) sinesis leaf, rice milk, rose seed oil, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth 20, slippery elm bark, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbitol acid, scent and love.

My version at home: Distilled water, rice milk, macadamia oil, Shea oil, avocado oil, aloe Vera extract, green tea extract, btms, tocopherol (vitamin E), optiphen, natural fragrance and love.

I've been loving Camille Rose products for over a year, especially the almond jai butter and I really hope that these formula changes don't mess up our relationship. However, the old moisture milk formula was never very moisturizing for me, so I'm hoping that this new version will work better for my hair.

redbre 03-06-2013 09:27 PM

Wow. That seems like a pretty big difference and they definitely changed the ingredients. Rice milk drastically went down the list! That's disappointing. I've been so excited to try their products...very lame.

redbre 03-06-2013 09:28 PM

Please write back on your experience with the new product ingredients. Thanks in advance!

Lovemenappy 03-07-2013 09:20 PM

She must've either changed the formula or is just displaying the ingredient list more accurately, It's really not that difficult to list ingredients in the order that they are used in a formulation....I don't know why so many businesses fail at this part (not referring to Camille Rose in particular by the way).

NoodleNaps 03-08-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimismom (Post 2132110)
I just picked up the Curl Love Moisture Milk, Algae Deep Conditioner and the Almond Jai Twisting Butter today and compared them to items I ordered online and have been using for the past few months and there definitely are differences in the ingredients. There are too many for me to list all of them right now but here's the info for the Curl Love Moisture Milk:

Target version: Deionized Water, behentromonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol, avocado oil, rice bran oil, aloe barbadenis leaf, castor seed oil, macadamia seed oil, sorbitol, camellia (green tea) sinesis leaf, rice milk, rose seed oil, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth 20, slippery elm bark, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbitol acid, scent and love.

My version at home: Distilled water, rice milk, macadamia oil, Shea oil, avocado oil, aloe Vera extract, green tea extract, btms, tocopherol (vitamin E), optiphen, natural fragrance and love.

I've been loving Camille Rose products for over a year, especially the almond jai butter and I really hope that these formula changes don't mess up our relationship. However, the old moisture milk formula was never very moisturizing for me, so I'm hoping that this new version will work better for my hair.

Please report back after you've tried the Almond Jai Twisting butter especially. I have been loathe to try her products particularly after the issues with mold and her customer service reported on here, then someone gave me a jar of the Almond Jai Twisting Butter which I tried for the first time last week, and wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovemenappy (Post 2133115)
She must've either changed the formula or is just displaying the ingredient list more accurately, It's really not that difficult to list ingredients in the order that they are used in a formulation....I don't know why so many businesses fail at this part (not referring to Camille Rose in particular by the way).

I'm actually quite sure she wasn't listing them accurately before, and has now been forced to. I'm interested in hearing if performance has changed.

@mimismom, is there a preservative listed in the Algae Deep Conditioner now? I seem to remember that was the main issue.

jneen1105 03-08-2013 06:03 AM

This is so annoying! I'm going to write customer service back and see what they say about the discrepancy in the labels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using CurlTalk App

mimismom 03-08-2013 11:23 AM

So far I have tried the moisture milk and it smells the same and applies the same. The differences that I noticed is that my hair dried soft and didn't shrink up like the previous version so I'm really liking that :icon_smile:.

Here are the ingredients for the algae deep conditioner:

Target version: deionized water, aloe vera juice, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, dipropylene glycol (Btms), theobroma cacao (Cocoa) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, cannabis saliva (hemp) seed oil, panthenol, manuka honey, vegetable glycerin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, simmondsia chinensia (jojoba) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) fruit oil, bitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primose) oil, phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, blue green algae, dimethyl sulfone (msm), biotin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, scent and love.

My old version: distilled water, blue green algae, honey, aloe vera juice, coconut oil, mango seed butter, shea butter, hemp, grapeseed, glycerin, green tea, panthenol, rose hip, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, peppermint oil, msm, biotin, vitamin e and love.

I thought the list looked long at first but it's actually just the full name of the ingredients listed now. She also added some things to the formulation and moved others around. The ingredients aren't bad so I'm hopeful it will still work for me. I also don't see any preservative besides Vitamin E. HTH!

mimismom 03-08-2013 11:41 AM

Here are the ingredients for the almond jai twisting butter:

Target version: deionized water, behentrimonium methosulfater (btms), cetearyl alcohol, prunus dulcis (almond) milk, prunus dulcis (almond) oil, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia nut) seed oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil, ulmus fulva bark extract (slippery elm), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil/hydorgenated, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice, honey, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, scent and love.

My old version: almond milk, distilled water, aloe vera leaf juice, btms, almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, macadamia oil, hemp, honey, green tea, marshmellow root, amla, optiphen, natural fragrance and love.

So again, some ingredients added, some removed and others moved around. And scientific names included on the label. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my hair responds the same or better to the new formula.

hippychic 03-08-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimismom (Post 2132110)
I just picked up the Curl Love Moisture Milk, Algae Deep Conditioner and the Almond Jai Twisting Butter today and compared them to items I ordered online and have been using for the past few months and there definitely are differences in the ingredients. There are too many for me to list all of them right now but here's the info for the Curl Love Moisture Milk:

Target version: Deionized Water, behentromonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol, avocado oil, rice bran oil, aloe barbadenis leaf, castor seed oil, macadamia seed oil, sorbitol, camellia (green tea) sinesis leaf, rice milk, rose seed oil, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth 20, slippery elm bark, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbitol acid, scent and love.

My version at home: Distilled water, rice milk, macadamia oil, Shea oil, avocado oil, aloe Vera extract, green tea extract, btms, tocopherol (vitamin E), optiphen, natural fragrance and love.

I've been loving Camille Rose products for over a year, especially the almond jai butter and I really hope that these formula changes don't mess up our relationship. However, the old moisture milk formula was never very moisturizing for me, so I'm hoping that this new version will work better for my hair.

AND they are now labeling with correct INCI ingredients (the home version label is ohhh so wrong)

Cerendipity 03-08-2013 12:44 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/87843a1af...5o2_r1_250.gif

mimismom 03-08-2013 01:09 PM

^^LMAO

mimismom 03-08-2013 01:23 PM

AND they are now labeling with correct INCI ingredients (the home version label is ohhh so wrong)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I reached out to the owner and she said that the only slight formula change was adding cocoa butter to the dc. She also said the ingredients on all of the products are now labeled in the correct order. As long as the ingredients are good and my hair is happy I'll still use them.

hippychic 03-08-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimismom (Post 2133627)
AND they are now labeling with correct INCI ingredients (the home version label is ohhh so wrong)

Yeah I reached out to the owner and she said that the only slight formula change was adding cocoa butter to the dc. She also said the ingredients on all of the products are now labeled in the correct order. As long as the ingredients are good and my hair is happy I'll still use them.[/QUOTE]
smdh @ bolded
was this trickery?

redbre 03-08-2013 03:12 PM

Thanks for all this info ladies. Sounds like its still a good product. I'll definitely still go ahead and give them a try.

Thanks! :)

myhairDOTcom 03-14-2013 03:59 AM

if you buy it at Target and you don't like it, take it back. No money lost. That's why I'm so happy to see more boutique product lines moving into major chains. I really like some things from Camille Rose and some things from KBB, but trust if I don't like it off the shelf, Target will see me again with receipt in hand.

Now if we could only get Curl Junkie in a store near me...

naturalyogini 03-14-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimismom (Post 2133489)
So far I have tried the moisture milk and it smells the same and applies the same. The differences that I noticed is that my hair dried soft and didn't shrink up like the previous version so I'm really liking that :icon_smile:.

Here are the ingredients for the algae deep conditioner:

Target version: deionized water, aloe vera juice, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetyl alcohol, dipropylene glycol (Btms), theobroma cacao (Cocoa) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, cannabis saliva (hemp) seed oil, panthenol, manuka honey, vegetable glycerin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, simmondsia chinensia (jojoba) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) fruit oil, bitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primose) oil, phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, blue green algae, dimethyl sulfone (msm), biotin, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, scent and love.

My old version: distilled water, blue green algae, honey, aloe vera juice, coconut oil, mango seed butter, shea butter, hemp, grapeseed, glycerin, green tea, panthenol, rose hip, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, peppermint oil, msm, biotin, vitamin e and love.

I thought the list looked long at first but it's actually just the full name of the ingredients listed now. She also added some things to the formulation and moved others around. The ingredients aren't bad so I'm hopeful it will still work for me. I also don't see any preservative besides Vitamin E. HTH!

phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol is the preservative. I knew that she wasn't listing all of the ingredients on the jars. You have to use ingredients to bind and emulsify the water, oil and butters together and those ingredients were missing from the homemade label.

Zinnia 03-14-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhairDOTcom (Post 2136747)
if you buy it at Target and you don't like it, take it back. No money lost. That's why I'm so happy to see more boutique product lines moving into major chains. I really like some things from Camille Rose and some things from KBB, but trust if I don't like it off the shelf, Target will see me again with receipt in hand.

Now if we could only get Curl Junkie in a store near me...

This is not true for my Targets. These Targets will not accept used or opened products. I had to get an attitude with one of them about accepting an item that was made from faulty material and was not my fault. I very very rarely spend my money at Target because of this.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com