-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   Bel Nouvo on Etsy. Any Reviews? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/156772-bel-nouvo-etsy-any-reviews.html)

naturalyogini 04-01-2013 06:03 AM

Bel Nouvo on Etsy. Any Reviews?

Has anyone tried this Etsy seller?

Rusycurly 04-01-2013 11:24 AM

I have not but this stuff looks really good!

Reeky 04-03-2013 05:43 PM

I have not but Curlygirljess on yt did a really good review on it and shipping is reasonable.. I will be placing an order soon!

Cerendipity 04-11-2013 03:39 PM

Has anyone received their recent items? My shipping info said it would deliver today but nothing

ETA I just looked again, I wonder if my shipping information is correct. It says a delivery of 11th but its in NC as of 10 minutes ago. Hmm..

Lovemenappy 04-11-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cerendipity (Post 2153465)

USPS has recently been messing up tracking horribly. I received tracking on several orders that state they've already been delivered, even though I KNOW they were just shipped. :goofy:

Reeky 04-12-2013 01:15 AM

Hmm interesting. My order said it should have been here today but wasnt and says "notice left" which i dont understand since usps can deliver to your mailbox and usually leaves big packages on my porch. Im already having drama with them and my bobeam package (my package was in la to be delivered then randomly popped up in MD for no apparent reason, still waiting on that) so maybe they are just trinippinnnn. Either way i dont get why the stinkin lady didnt just drop it on the porch like she usually does.

naturalyogini 04-12-2013 02:13 PM

Got my order this afternoon. The shea lotion scent is strong and gave me a slight headache (sigh). The conditioner smells like cake batter. That's all I've got right now. Wash day is tomorrow.

Cerendipity 04-13-2013 03:13 PM

.......

Rusycurly 04-29-2013 01:53 PM

Just want to bump this up for reviews. Did you ladies try the products yet? Dish the deets!

Braelynn_Blue 04-30-2013 06:31 PM

I have tried the Avocado Hair Milk. It's creamy and has great slip. It smells strong in the bottle, but the smell doesn't linger. Made my hair really soft. I like it a lot, I will keep it as a staple for now. I have the 16oz. bottle so it will last me a while.

naturallyrees 05-01-2013 09:43 AM

LOVE IT!

I received some of the BelNouvo CoCo Castor Pudding in my March curlkit. Let me just tell you.....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! :love10: I used it as a styler for my braid outs and it gave me hands down the best curl definition EVER with great hold and minimal frizz. I absolutely loved it and will definitely be purchasing the full size product. I loved it so much I will be trying the other products as well.

Reeky 05-05-2013 07:48 PM

ya know, idk how I feel. Ive used the deep conditioner twice and both the dc and the leave in have this very slippery, silky feel when you apply it to your hair but as far as the dc goes, it doesnt feel like its sinking IN to your hair. Also idk if its the protein or what but it doesnt leave my hair feeling great when I rinse. Wheat Protein doesnt usually make my hair feel like a PT does though so idk.. it doesnt leave it feeling bad, just not great. When I apply leave in and it dries though its all good. Also my conditioner had lumps and was slightly separated.
Gotta test the leave in again..

naturalyogini 05-06-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Reeky (Post 2167268)
Gotta test the leave in again..

Check the pH of the deep conditioner...really.

Reeky 05-08-2013 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by naturalyogini (Post 2167369)
Check the pH of the deep conditioner...really.

I dont have testing strips, i use aloe juice on top of my leave ins so im usually good. Im gonna assume its ridonkulous!?

Rusycurly 05-12-2013 08:23 AM

That deep conditioner was something else. It felt weird going in, like it didn't have enough slip or something. I was like, oh no this is going to jack up my hair. When I started detangling though, I had no issues. When I rinsed my hair started feeling like freaking silk. I couldn't believe how soft it was and how shiny it was afterwards. Definitely will keep experimenting with this