Wash and Go

Like Tree8Likes

I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tybg1.JPG (41.5 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg wngshrn (2).JPG (51.6 KB, 174 views)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html
I only wash and go. I have found that raking my leave-in product through in small sections (about 10) cuts down tangles and moisturising with jojoba oil cuts down on the SSKs. I then smooth on my gel. I also found that using jojoba oil didn't give me as many spots as olive oil did.
Originally Posted by curlylocs232


Wow interesting looks like I am going to have to try some jojoba oil thanks for posting
I hear you saying that you wear your hair out and many people say protective styling is the only thing that helps you retain length and in my opinion it depends on your hair and what your hair likes..
I appreciate your input I never use gel except for the front..I will put it in but wash it out if that makes sense it kinda curls but the back has its natural coily pattern.. I will have to try this thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
Yes of course everyone's hair is different, but that is because everyone's perspective about hair and how they want their hair to look and feel is different. Wearing my hair out works for me because I don't touch it when it's out. Protective styles work if you have trouble maintaining moisture in your hair and ends, but I don't have that problem (low porosity + my wash schedule). If I wore protective styles I would always be fussing with it.

So yeah my point is just that it doesn't really matter how you do your hair as long as you aren't over working it and leaving it alone and keeping it moisturized/well conditioned. But if you (general "you") think a style isn't going to work for you, then it won't, really because you think that it won't. Your hair might do well, but you might not like how it looks, etc. Sometimes people have expectations that their hair's supposed to look a certain way and they don't just accept what they have. You know that kind of thing...

I get what you are saying about the gel. Gel does not enhance curls, I know a lot of people think that about tighter curls. It's the moisture level that brings out/enhances whatever curl you have, so I use a ton of that [conditioner] to keep the moisture optimal over the days. The small amount of gel is just for hold, nothing else. So I use it just for that purpose. If the style holds, then I don't have to mess with it as much and it won't lose moisture. Productive laziness, or "benign neglect" basically.

Edit: And that doesn't mean that I don't take care of my hair it just means I do the basics and my hair's integrity is maintained so I'm not constantly doing damage control, which imo is what protective styling perpetuates. I do treatments on a consistent basis as needed and I trim regularly. I built a routine and I stick with it, I don't just let my hair go all willy nilly. Side note: I'm from the school of thought that a wash n go should be the first style someone going natural should learn and master. If you can't accept what your hair is gonna do on it's own then you always feel like you have to "do something" to it in order for it to look right. That's too much work and no fun, imo.
Originally Posted by artemis513


Exactly!! I agree! You learn to accept what you have.you see so many naturals and you think your hair is suppose to do just like theirs but everyone's hair is different
What might work for some might not work for others.. So much information thank you for taking the time to share Does the conditioner leave a white residue in your hair?
I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Originally Posted by fefe912


Awesome your hair looks great..thank you for sharing
I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Originally Posted by fefe912


Awesome your hair looks great..thank you for sharing
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
Thank you and no problem

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html
I hear you saying that you wear your hair out and many people say protective styling is the only thing that helps you retain length and in my opinion it depends on your hair and what your hair likes..
I appreciate your input I never use gel except for the front..I will put it in but wash it out if that makes sense it kinda curls but the back has its natural coily pattern.. I will have to try this thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
Yes of course everyone's hair is different, but that is because everyone's perspective about hair and how they want their hair to look and feel is different. Wearing my hair out works for me because I don't touch it when it's out. Protective styles work if you have trouble maintaining moisture in your hair and ends, but I don't have that problem (low porosity + my wash schedule). If I wore protective styles I would always be fussing with it.

So yeah my point is just that it doesn't really matter how you do your hair as long as you aren't over working it and leaving it alone and keeping it moisturized/well conditioned. But if you (general "you") think a style isn't going to work for you, then it won't, really because you think that it won't. Your hair might do well, but you might not like how it looks, etc. Sometimes people have expectations that their hair's supposed to look a certain way and they don't just accept what they have. You know that kind of thing...

I get what you are saying about the gel. Gel does not enhance curls, I know a lot of people think that about tighter curls. It's the moisture level that brings out/enhances whatever curl you have, so I use a ton of that [conditioner] to keep the moisture optimal over the days. The small amount of gel is just for hold, nothing else. So I use it just for that purpose. If the style holds, then I don't have to mess with it as much and it won't lose moisture. Productive laziness, or "benign neglect" basically.

Edit: And that doesn't mean that I don't take care of my hair it just means I do the basics and my hair's integrity is maintained so I'm not constantly doing damage control, which imo is what protective styling perpetuates. I do treatments on a consistent basis as needed and I trim regularly. I built a routine and I stick with it, I don't just let my hair go all willy nilly. Side note: I'm from the school of thought that a wash n go should be the first style someone going natural should learn and master. If you can't accept what your hair is gonna do on it's own then you always feel like you have to "do something" to it in order for it to look right. That's too much work and no fun, imo.
Originally Posted by artemis513


Exactly!! I agree! You learn to accept what you have.you see so many naturals and you think your hair is suppose to do just like theirs but everyone's hair is different
What might work for some might not work for others.. So much information thank you for taking the time to share Does the conditioner leave a white residue in your hair?
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
No, it doesn't. When it's wet it seems like it might at first, but once it begins to dry it turns clear. I have noticed that I will get a little residue if my hair isn't clean so I use CJ Daily Fix or a low-poo every so often as needed. And I only use conditioner and gel. If I try to add anything else, then I will get guaranteed white hair even after it's dry.
4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
My Fotki
My Blog

Yes of course everyone's hair is different, but that is because everyone's perspective about hair and how they want their hair to look and feel is different. Wearing my hair out works for me because I don't touch it when it's out. Protective styles work if you have trouble maintaining moisture in your hair and ends, but I don't have that problem (low porosity + my wash schedule). If I wore protective styles I would always be fussing with it.

So yeah my point is just that it doesn't really matter how you do your hair as long as you aren't over working it and leaving it alone and keeping it moisturized/well conditioned. But if you (general "you") think a style isn't going to work for you, then it won't, really because you think that it won't. Your hair might do well, but you might not like how it looks, etc. Sometimes people have expectations that their hair's supposed to look a certain way and they don't just accept what they have. You know that kind of thing...

I get what you are saying about the gel. Gel does not enhance curls, I know a lot of people think that about tighter curls. It's the moisture level that brings out/enhances whatever curl you have, so I use a ton of that [conditioner] to keep the moisture optimal over the days. The small amount of gel is just for hold, nothing else. So I use it just for that purpose. If the style holds, then I don't have to mess with it as much and it won't lose moisture. Productive laziness, or "benign neglect" basically.

Edit: And that doesn't mean that I don't take care of my hair it just means I do the basics and my hair's integrity is maintained so I'm not constantly doing damage control, which imo is what protective styling perpetuates. I do treatments on a consistent basis as needed and I trim regularly. I built a routine and I stick with it, I don't just let my hair go all willy nilly. Side note: I'm from the school of thought that a wash n go should be the first style someone going natural should learn and master. If you can't accept what your hair is gonna do on it's own then you always feel like you have to "do something" to it in order for it to look right. That's too much work and no fun, imo.
Originally Posted by artemis513


Exactly!! I agree! You learn to accept what you have.you see so many naturals and you think your hair is suppose to do just like theirs but everyone's hair is different
What might work for some might not work for others.. So much information thank you for taking the time to share Does the conditioner leave a white residue in your hair?
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
No, it doesn't. When it's wet it seems like it might at first, but once it begins to dry it turns clear. I have noticed that I will get a little residue if my hair isn't clean so I use CJ Daily Fix or a low-poo every so often as needed. And I only use conditioner and gel. If I try to add anything else, then I will get guaranteed white hair even after it's dry.
Originally Posted by artemis513


O okay...thank you for taking time to respond
How much time does a wash N go really take with working in the products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
How much time does a wash N go really take with working in the products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SCarrin
Some people's wash and goes are more of a wash and then take time to style. My wash and go takes like 10 mins or less lol.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html
africana
Guest
Posts: n/a
How much time does a wash N go really take with working in the products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SCarrin
Some people's wash and goes are more of a wash and then take time to style. My wash and go takes like 10 mins or less lol.
Originally Posted by fefe912
co-sign
How much time does a wash N go really take with working in the products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SCarrin

M hair is so thick that even with it freshly washed and detangled, took me 30 minutes.
Sent from my LG-P769 using CurlTalk App
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Cowash: Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Leave-In: Curls Unleashed No Boundaries
Oils: olive, argan, and Jamaican Black castor oils
I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Originally Posted by fefe912


OMG! Your hair is so pretty and shiny it doesn't even look real. It looks like one of those curly weave ponytails. Whatever regimen you're using is definitely working.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Cowash: Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Leave-In: Curls Unleashed No Boundaries
Oils: olive, argan, and Jamaican Black castor oils
I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Originally Posted by fefe912


OMG! Your hair is so pretty and shiny it doesn't even look real. It looks like one of those curly weave ponytails. Whatever regimen you're using is definitely working.
Originally Posted by SweetRellie
lol Thank you I get that a lot. When I wear my hair like that i usually get at least 2 people who come up and go so where did you buy your ponytail it's cute? I'm like uhh I didn't, it's mine then they give me a confused look and say oh ok. Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, herbal essences hello hydration, suave rosemary and peppermint shampoo, castor oil and coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in and grease are my best friends lol. I rotate through those products and my hair loves it

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html
I used to do them a lot, but I rarely do them these days just every now and then. I'm more of a twist out type of chick
Originally Posted by fefe912


OMG! Your hair is so pretty and shiny it doesn't even look real. It looks like one of those curly weave ponytails. Whatever regimen you're using is definitely working.
Originally Posted by SweetRellie
lol Thank you I get that a lot. When I wear my hair like that i usually get at least 2 people who come up and go so where did you buy your ponytail it's cute? I'm like uhh I didn't, it's mine then they give me a confused look and say oh ok. Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, herbal essences hello hydration, suave rosemary and peppermint shampoo, castor oil and coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in and grease are my best friends lol. I rotate through those products and my hair loves it
Originally Posted by fefe912


I co-sign on these products.I love shea moisture...at times when I shampoo I will use acv and hello hydration and I never tried the suave but Eden all natural conditioner with peppermint and tea tree. I love this stuff it stops the itching right away. Castor oil is my staple especially how the weather is taking its turn and I use a variation of oils. I just now figured I had that leave in I used it to make my bun yesterday. I love Giovanni products been using since I went natural. I went on a shopping haul because they were on sell like 2.50 a bottle. Just out of curiosity what kind of grease? How are you using this product? I love how you are using this despite what naturals say about it.
How much time does a wash N go really take with working in the products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SCarrin
Thanks. I have watched videos on the amount of time it seems they take I might as well twist my hair. LOL.

I'll try a wash and go one day.

M hair is so thick that even with it freshly washed and detangled, took me 30 minutes.
Sent from my LG-P769 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by SweetRellie


Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
I wash n go pretty infrequently during the colder months; this summer, I'd generally rock a wash n go for about 3 days and then do twist outs to end the week. I'm close to BSL, but with shrinkage, I'm not even shoulder length. I'd love a little more elongation, but eh, that's what twistouts are for.








OMG! Your hair is so pretty and shiny it doesn't even look real. It looks like one of those curly weave ponytails. Whatever regimen you're using is definitely working.
Originally Posted by SweetRellie
lol Thank you I get that a lot. When I wear my hair like that i usually get at least 2 people who come up and go so where did you buy your ponytail it's cute? I'm like uhh I didn't, it's mine then they give me a confused look and say oh ok. Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, herbal essences hello hydration, suave rosemary and peppermint shampoo, castor oil and coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in and grease are my best friends lol. I rotate through those products and my hair loves it
Originally Posted by fefe912


I co-sign on these products.I love shea moisture...at times when I shampoo I will use acv and hello hydration and I never tried the suave but Eden all natural conditioner with peppermint and tea tree. I love this stuff it stops the itching right away. Castor oil is my staple especially how the weather is taking its turn and I use a variation of oils. I just now figured I had that leave in I used it to make my bun yesterday. I love Giovanni products been using since I went natural. I went on a shopping haul because they were on sell like 2.50 a bottle. Just out of curiosity what kind of grease? How are you using this product? I love how you are using this despite what naturals say about it.
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
I either use nature's blessings pomade which has some nice ingredients in it, then it has mineral jelly as the last ingredient. I also like blue magic organics castor oil grease it has petroleum in it of course. Whenever I use them it's on wet or damp hair I use a leave in conditioner then I use the grease to seal in the moisture before doing a twist out. I get great definition and hold without having to use a gel and my hair hold moisture for a week or longer since petroleum and mineral oil are the ultimate sealants. Many naturals have an issue with petroleum/mineral oil products because a lot of them try to use it as a moisturizer which it isn't. It however is a great sealant, but if you don't want to use regular shampoo to remove it then it's not for you since co-washing alone may not be enough and eventually build up. If you don't mind shampooing with regular shampoo at least once a week or every 2 weeks and you don't just overload your hair with it you should be fine. I use whatever my hair does well with because I do my own research on products and ingredients and how to use and remove them to avoid any issues.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html



OMG! Your hair is so pretty and shiny it doesn't even look real. It looks like one of those curly weave ponytails. Whatever regimen you're using is definitely working.
Originally Posted by SweetRellie
lol Thank you I get that a lot. When I wear my hair like that i usually get at least 2 people who come up and go so where did you buy your ponytail it's cute? I'm like uhh I didn't, it's mine then they give me a confused look and say oh ok. Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, herbal essences hello hydration, suave rosemary and peppermint shampoo, castor oil and coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in and grease are my best friends lol. I rotate through those products and my hair loves it
Originally Posted by fefe912


I co-sign on these products.I love shea moisture...at times when I shampoo I will use acv and hello hydration and I never tried the suave but Eden all natural conditioner with peppermint and tea tree. I love this stuff it stops the itching right away. Castor oil is my staple especially how the weather is taking its turn and I use a variation of oils. I just now figured I had that leave in I used it to make my bun yesterday. I love Giovanni products been using since I went natural. I went on a shopping haul because they were on sell like 2.50 a bottle. Just out of curiosity what kind of grease? How are you using this product? I love how you are using this despite what naturals say about it.
Originally Posted by slimssocoily
I also meant to include these pics where I used grease for my twist out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fusctwof7.JPG (55.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg pnkbmto1.JPG (56.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg agto3.JPG (55.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg opto4.JPG (80.3 KB, 89 views)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ily-world.html

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ve-styles.html
I wash n go pretty infrequently during the colder months; this summer, I'd generally rock a wash n go for about 3 days and then do twist outs to end the week. I'm close to BSL, but with shrinkage, I'm not even shoulder length. I'd love a little more elongation, but eh, that's what twistouts are for.
Originally Posted by naturalnewb


I really don't like my hair out during the winter my hair becomes so dry !, and I understand shrinkage happens whether we like it or not..I never do twists-out but mabye I shall try one day. Thank you for sharing
lol Thank you I get that a lot. When I wear my hair like that i usually get at least 2 people who come up and go so where did you buy your ponytail it's cute? I'm like uhh I didn't, it's mine then they give me a confused look and say oh ok. Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, herbal essences hello hydration, suave rosemary and peppermint shampoo, castor oil and coconut oil, giovanni direct leave in and grease are my best friends lol. I rotate through those products and my hair loves it [/QUOTE]

I have definitely been considering returning to Ye Ok Faithful grease. Also what brands of castor oil do u guys use? I tried to use the Walgreens brand but it spilled everywhere that I didn't get to use it.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Cowash: Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Leave-In: Curls Unleashed No Boundaries
Oils: olive, argan, and Jamaican Black castor oils

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com