Random 4A thoughts

Like Tree450Likes

osocristie
Guest
Posts: n/a
Okay, Why are a lot of the products for natural hair aimed at biracial, wavy, or 3 series hair types? I attended a demonstration at UB in the Atlanta area last weekend. The 2 hair models that they used had either loose curls or wavy hair. Most of the people in the audience had 4a and 4b hair. How are we to know if the products work for our hair type or not? I guess the idea is to psych us out by showing those hair types which evokes an emotional response in us and we but the products, rush home and get the 3a or 3b curl look. It's that easy!---not.

I don't think Curls promotes enough nappy styling options (to promote moisture, curls, or what not), nor does Blended Beauty, and especially Mixed Chicks.

Ya'll may hate on Miss Jessie, but her marketing is awesome. She has pictures galore of various hair styles on various hair types. Her product is overrated, but she sure as heck appealed to the natural in all of us. YOU TOO CAN TURN KINKS TO CURLS! Thanks Miss Jessie, you saved me from myself! ha ha ha
miss jessie is some overpriced malarkey...
I got better "curl" definition from some $3 fantasia ic gel...

rt: the sad part is realizing that after spending all this money, brillantina and co-washing daily work the best.

rt2: mcdonalds sweet tea is soooooo tasty.
Why is it that I told my ex I was done talking to him for good and he said ok, yet a week later (today) I get a message asking me where I am and a text asking me what I'm doing. (Which I didn't respond to...mostly because I was busy)?

Ohhhhhh, this is what happened when you take good people for granted. Maybe he should watch "Why Did I Get Married?" So he can be informed of the 80-20 rule.
dweamgoil likes this.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn
I went to Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom yesterday. An entire day of chlorine and hot sun with only a Goody Ouchless band at my disposal. It was not a good look. To make it worse, I went with my good friend who just happens to have beautiful 2c-3a curls that look awesome wet compared to my dry and fried wet poodle look! Man, I need a new routine.
3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
I went to Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom yesterday and let me tell you, an entire day of chlorine and hot sun is not a good look for this head.To make things worse, I went with my good friend who just happens to have beautiful 2c-3a curls that look awesome wet compared to my dried and fried wet poodle look. Man, I need a new routine. Or maybe just new hair.
3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
This diet sucks. I'm going to McDonalds and get a chicken biscuit.
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Hair.......still trying to figure it out but still wearing the wig. Getting tired of it and it's getting HOT (I live in Dallas). Just need to BC and get over it!

B-day........turned 33 on the 20th. I'm thankful but was not in the birthday mood. My mom and sis harressed me to death that I needed to go out!

Car.....not even 2 years old and part of the engine has to replaced??!! Thank God its under warranty! I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be the best?!!

Job/career.......I'm bored! I need a new one!

Last but not least men........where are the good ones? I'm sorry but the men suck in Dallas!! I need to move!

On the bright side.......I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my cousin's surpise b-day party!
Last relaxer - July 07
BC - 8/2/08
4B headband-holic
Products in rotation (too many!):
Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie

Last edited by Mo_Gemini22; 06-25-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: One more thing to add
Why is it that I told my ex I was done talking to him for good and he said ok, yet a week later (today) I get a message asking me where I am and a text asking me what I'm doing. (Which I didn't respond to...mostly because I was busy)?

Ohhhhhh, this is what happened when you take good people for granted. Maybe he should watch "Why Did I Get Married?" So he can be informed of the 80-20 rule.
Originally Posted by HeatherNicole
amen!!! that happens to me w/ my on again off again SO....stick to your guns girl or you'll be repeating that convo forever...learn from my mistakes.
thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
pw: bearhair
Hair.......still trying to figure it out but still wearing the wig. Getting tired of it and it's getting HOT (I live in Dallas). Just need to BC and get over it!

B-day........turned 33 on the 20th. I'm thankful but was not in the birthday mood. My mom and sis harressed me to death that I needed to go out!

Car.....not even 2 years old and part of the engine has to replaced??!! Thank God its under warranty! I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be the best?!!

Job/career.......I'm bored! I need a new one!

Last but not least men........where are the good ones? I'm sorry but the men suck in Dallas!! I need to move!

On the bright side.......I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my cousin's surpise b-day party!
Originally Posted by Mo_Gemini22
The good men aren't in Atlanta either, so don't be fooled when you come here! They're probably looking for what you're looking for too!
Why is it that I told my ex I was done talking to him for good and he said ok, yet a week later (today) I get a message asking me where I am and a text asking me what I'm doing. (Which I didn't respond to...mostly because I was busy)?

Ohhhhhh, this is what happened when you take good people for granted. Maybe he should watch "Why Did I Get Married?" So he can be informed of the 80-20 rule.
Originally Posted by HeatherNicole
amen!!! that happens to me w/ my on again off again SO....stick to your guns girl or you'll be repeating that convo forever...learn from my mistakes.
Originally Posted by mothereartha
I second that! I was just telling my sister that I'm tired of recycling men. I've been off and on with the same tired negro for the past 3 years. It's time to try something new.
The best men are in Philly if you're just wanting to date and Charlotte if you want to get married.

If you meet a nice man from New Orleans, just say no.
if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
rt: I can't wait for tomorrow.
rt2: I should probably pack today
rt3: I think I want to go to apt tonight
rt4: men shmen. boo.
rt5: the price is right sucks without bob barker
I second that! I was just telling my sister that I'm tired of recycling men. I've been off and on with the same tired negro for the past 3 years. It's time to try "something new."[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you date outside your race but get you a white man. I have met some of the coolest white guys. Dated one but he moved away.
Last relaxer: 12/10/07
BC date: 5/2/08
It's your hair...do what you wanna do
osocristie
Guest
Posts: n/a
Last but not least men........where are the good ones? I'm sorry but the men suck in Dallas!! I need to move!

On the bright side.......I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my cousin's surpise b-day party! [/quote]

Mo_Gemini22
I started to say don't come to Atlanta, but too late. Guys here are so disappointing. They are very arrogant.

I am a June baby too. Turned 31. I am not that excited about it for some reason. I'm Getting Old. ha ha
osocristie
Guest
Posts: n/a
I second that! I was just telling my sister that I'm tired of recycling men. I've been off and on with the same tired negro for the past 3 years. It's time to try "something new."
Originally Posted by mozeke
Don't know if you date outside your race but get you a white man. I have met some of the coolest white guys. Dated one but he moved away.[/quote]

Girl White men used to be in plenty supply and really interested in me when I moved to the Atlanta area. I passed all of them by because I wasn't interested at the time. One dude was suuuuuper nice and I let him go because mentally "I wasn't Into White Guys." I regret that now. He has moved to another state and is doing really well I hear. Boo hoo. I am more mature now and can see the error of my ways. Hopefully I will meet a Brad soon and we will be happyyyyy! ha ha

I sacond that comment on the Men in the ATL being suspect. It is sad that we are known for those kind of dudes.

I may need to move to Charlotte next. ha ha

Recycling men: It is sad to say that we have to do that. They are in such low supply (the good ones) that we can't seem to move on, and we accept foolishness. It seems like if we don't take their crap, then we will be alone. Something has got to give!!!

Last edited by osocristie; 06-25-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: cuz i want 2 dang it!
"Something has got to give!!!"

Give them...to someone who can tolerate their foolery.
Last relaxer: 12/10/07
BC date: 5/2/08
It's your hair...do what you wanna do
shones- u r such a positive person and i really love that about you.

MissKinkyCoily - u took the words out of my mouth. i'm so sick of dealing with my hair these days. i just went to bed last night and woke up with a helmet head. needless to say i didn't go into the office and worked from home today.

Mo_Gemini22 - i feel your pain. i live in dallas too and the guys out here are really WEIRD!!!

other thoughts:
1: most people think owning a business is so COOL, but they could never imagine the struggle and stress

2: sometimes i get tired of always having to explain myself to friends and family

3: i wonder what its like to feel free... really free... worry-free, stress-free, anxiety-free, guilt-free?

but to end with a positve: the fact that i'm still here means there's still PURPOSE left in me and that alone means alot!
http://public.fotki.com/jamaica81
my random thoughts....I've been away from the boards for about a month because I've been traveling a lot and busy with life.

I'm out of conditioner so I haven't co-washed in a week and my hair is a hot mess - really...you should see it. it's dry, matted, frizzy and did I mention dry? I've really let myself go...lol.
4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer


Yayyy Monie I was wondering where you've been.

I hate when people say dating outside of your race is some form self hatred. Now if you say oh I don't black dudes, period, I might look at you funny. But I say there are too many possibilities of finding someone who could really make you happy to let race stop you.

And recently, I've reached this conclusion, there are good men...just the ones I've run across, I haven't been interested in romantically.

I really think I just don't belong here in GA anymore, I've got to get a change of scenery-as long as it gets hot in the summer. A friend in Seattle said it only gets up to like 70. Eff that, I may complain about the hot hot heat down here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be in the cold.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn

Last edited by HeatherNicole; 06-25-2008 at 12:39 PM.
i have become a hair accessories whore.
natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
pw: enter

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com