Mineral Indulgence

I posted in the Transitioning forum... Has anyone tried Mineral Indulgence products? There was ony one reply, but it sounded like someone paid to advertise--way too much like a commercial or something. I want the real scoop.
From their website... http://mineralindulgence.com/Hair_Care_Products.html

Mineral Indulgence Hair Care Products are created from all natural ingredients that contain essential oils, butters and plant extracts that are well known for their conditioning properties. Research and product analysis have been done to create a special blend of ingredients that when combined work to soften and strengthen dry or unmanageable hair. Synthetic oils such as mineral and petrolatum are never used in our products, due to their unhealthy nature of clogging the pores and causing hair breakage. Consistent use of Mineral Indulgence Natural Hair Products will be apparent in normal to damaged hair within just one week.

I also couldn't really find any reviews on any other site. So I'm kind of suspicious. Have ya'll heard anything about it?
There was one or two people all over yahoo posting reviews. I went to the website and figured I would give it a try.

I ordered 3 products on the same day: the Sulfate Free Shampoo which is supposed to stretch your curls, Kiwi Smoothie which is supposed to be ultra moisturizing, and the natural relaxer kit. The shampoo is not drying, does detangle, but I was curious about the ingredients. The shampoo lathers but the ingredients listed on the bottle don't equate to what would make the shampoo lather.

I emailed her and she kinda gave a snappy response (in my opinion):



A special process is used in order to cause the ingredients in Napturally Sulfate Free to lather. It absolutely does not contain any surfactants which includes SLS and SLES. The ingredients listed on the bottle are combined in a manner that causes it to lather. As indicated, all of the ingredients are natural. As stated before, it is not within our policy to disclose our formulation process to customers and by federal law, we must only indicate the exact ingredients as they pertain to our products.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause however if you are not comfortable with using our products for any reason, we regrettably suggest that perhaps you should consider using another natural hair and skin care line to your discretion.

Naturally yours,

Mineral Indulgence Customer Service
Mineralindulgence.com
The natural essence of beauty for every woman... guaranteed!

I also ordered the Kiwi Smoothie which isn't all that moisturizing. My hair just feels greasy.
The natural relaxer kit I have yet to receive and the order was placed over a month ago now (product will not be available until after Sept 20, 200. I never got the order, so I emailed her and she said in more or less words that it will be shipped sometime after Sept 20th so I don't know when I'm going to get the natural relaxer. Also because the relaxer is being shipped separately from the two other products, I'm being charge 1/2 of the shipping even though I already paid shipping.

You can find better or make your own.
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. But thank you for the honest response. That's why I prefer to buy stuff in person, when I can get my hands on it, and look at it myself without having to pay shipping. All that on their website just sounded too good to be true. Thanks.
Uhhh...if the "too good to be true" statement was in reference to me posting, I want to let you know that...no, I am not a "paid advertiser" and like everyone else one else, I am just saying what products work best for me. I guess anybody else who gives good reviews on these board might be considered a "paid advertisers" too, huh?

Hmmm... my sister and I happened to also place an order for the pre-buy on the natural relaxers, and from what we understood this was a PRE-buy which meant that if you ordered before Sept. 20th you could get the product on a "first come first serve" basis at a discount rate of $39. I understood that the product was not actually in stock yet but when it came in BY Oct 3rd it would be shipped to customers who placed their order early enough. When we placed our orders, my sister and I both got separate emails saying this so I knew not to expect my order to be shipped to me until then; this information is also showing up on their website. The natural relaxer on their website now costs $54 so anybody who ordered before then was able to buy it for less at a PRE-buy for $39. I've also gotten prebuys before from other stores so I understand that this is what a pre-buy means.

As for the Napturally shampoo, it's against the law to not include ALL the ingredients in a product on a label, and there are certain carrier oils when mixed that can produce lather while STILL being sulfate free. The smoothie is supposed to be used sparingly as an overnight treatment, so you are supposed to use a little bit and then wrap your head overnight...it even says this on their website and instructions they send out with the products. As with any product, if you use too much, or don't use the product according to instructions...it will not perform to the best of it's abilities. I have a looser hair pattern than my daughter (who's hair pattern is very frizzy)..both of us were able to use the smoothie and didn't have a problem with greasiness at all. I've never had trouble with their customer service before, and there are always two-sides to every story. If they told customers the way to make a product in order for it to "lather", wouldn't you have just made the product yourself...like you advised the OP to do? So, I guess from a business point of view it wouldn't make sense for them to tell customers what makes a product work. For example, I like the flavoring on KFC chicken, but I can't expect them to tell me what seasonings they use to make it taste the way that it does.

Some people would rather believe the worst than try to see the good. Reviews are based on personal experience and everything from application, hair texture, hair condition, ect play a role in how effective a product is. I wouldn't assume Carol's Daugher was a bad product line solely on a review (seeing as everyone is different), similarly, I think the best way to gather an informed opinion on this product line (mineral indulgence) is to try it yourself.

I personally enjoy the products at Mineral Indulgence, so I would advise anyone who wanted to know the truth about how it works to just try it for themselves.

Tatianna AKA: A happy customer with " The Real Scoop"

Last edited by Tatiannaluv; 09-30-2008 at 09:36 AM.
You're really quick to defend them. Maybe you're just related to the owner. I don't know.
But, what I do know is that you'refailing to take your own advice and what I posted is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! Which has been documented with multiple emails on issues that haven't been addressed. I ordered my natural relaxer the first day that it was available for the pre-order per the email I got from the customer service rep. But I still have yet to get an email advising when to expect shipment of the product other than it won't be available until after Sept 20th. That's simply poor customer service. They were quick to take the money, but can't provide a simple email update on when my personal order will be shipped out like every other company I have ordered from when something is on pre-order. If I don't get an email by the third on when to expect my product, I can filing a complaint with Paypal.

Also, there is one person on yahoo who is constantly recommending this product but you can never find any other reviews. I still took a chance and spent over $80 on products (some which I have yet to receive) and others that didn't do much for me.

As far as instructions go on using this product. I got none, so that's just sloppy shipping.

Also, the bottle that for the Kiwi Smoothie leaked on shipment and they wouldn't address that issue either.


Buy the samples before you commit to the product. That's my advice.


In regards to it being illegal to not document all ingredients. I have a friend that works in a chemistry lab and it's very easy to find the chemical make up of any mixture of chemical compound. So I provided him a sample to see what's actually in the shampoo and provide an explanation to the lather.
Actually, I did a search on mineral indulgence and there is someone on yahoo answers telling the same exact story you are telling.
You're really quick to defend them. Maybe you're just related to the owner. I don't know.
But, what I do know is that you'refailing to take your own advice and what I posted is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! Which has been documented with multiple emails on issues that haven't been addressed. I ordered my natural relaxer the first day that it was available for the pre-order per the email I got from the customer service rep. But I still have yet to get an email advising when to expect shipment of the product other than it won't be available until after Sept 20th. That's simply poor customer service. They were quick to take the money, but can't provide a simple email update on when my personal order will be shipped out like every other company I have ordered from when something is on pre-order. If I don't get an email by the third on when to expect my product, I can filing a complaint with Paypal.

Also, there is one person on yahoo who is constantly recommending this product but you can never find any other reviews. I still took a chance and spent over $80 on products (some which I have yet to receive) and others that didn't do much for me.

As far as instructions go on using this product. I got none, so that's just sloppy shipping.

Also, the bottle that for the Kiwi Smoothie leaked on shipment and they wouldn't address that issue either.


Buy the samples before you commit to the product. That's my advice.


In regards to it being illegal to not document all ingredients. I have a friend that works in a chemistry lab and it's very easy to find the chemical make up of any mixture of chemical compound. So I provided him a sample to see what's actually in the shampoo and provide an explanation to the lather.
Originally Posted by Niafloda2005
Wow WTF!....this is really deep! Why are you going into details and complaining to me about it? I dont work there but you talking to me as if you are filing a complaint at the company...lol...Good God sista get a grip! I had to check and make sure that I didnt somehow sign up on a bipolar disorder board. DANGGGG! Who would have ever thought that this much drama can get started over me just saying that I liked a product. I guess everybody on this entire website that says they had a good experience with a product line should be labeled as a "paid advertiser" according to your description. No...Im not related to the owner and no body pays me to give my opinion just like I am HOPING nobody is paying you. I only responded to someone who posted and asked for a review on a product...its just that simple. I certainly didnt know that me offering my own opinion could spark so much anger from a person that I dont even know. Weird. Anyway, I chose to use this product line because I was looking for a chemical free alternative. I still use other products like Curls from time to time as well as Carols Daughter because the salon I go to is close to a store where I can easily purchase it off the shelf. I like them too..but then again...maybe I shouldnt say that since somebody might think Im "paid advertisment". I have also given a good review on Mineral Indulgence and several other good products lines that I used. Just like other people have done. I was under the assumption thats what these boards are for. If a product is bad, I just throw it away and dont suggest it to anybody. But this particular topic started by another poster didnt ask for a review on OTHER products so I only gave my opinion based on what this thread was about. I have also read good reviews on Mineral Indulgence in other hair care groups. If somebody doesnt like it, I assume that the normal thing to do is just dont use it. Ironically, unlike you, I didnt see it on yahoo as much as I did on other black hair care boards. And so what? So what if I said that I liked the product? Why does that offend you so much and you dont even know me or my experience. YOUR experience is YOUR experience and this board gives you the opportunity to share yours, but for some reason, you dont feel that I should be able to have the opportunity to give my own. Something is very strange here and to be honest...I dont like drama. For you to feel so passionate about finding out whats in a product that causes it to work, makes me very suspicious since you claim that it actually worked to your satisfaction. Normally, when a person doesnt like a product, they just dont use it, but they DEFINITELY dont take the time to have it analyzed to find out what makes it work...that just doesnt make sense. My guess is that you are what a lot of women who own salons call a hair care bootlegger. Im sure you know what this is, but if not, its the type of person that likes to purchase products so they can hijack the ingredient list and then go to FNWL so they can try to replicate the product for themselves. They get a warped sense of pleasure out of getting over on somebody else and being able to get away with it, compels them to want to do it more and more. It then becomes an obsession and they get hooked on it like a drug. Ingredient Bootlegging is in my opinion dishonest because if you wanted to make quality hair care products, you should figure it out the ingredients and the process to make the products just like people who own those types of businesses have had to do. And guess what...lol..something just occurred to me. Because they didnt tell you how to make the shampoo, you decided to take it to your friend so they can tell you how to do it...lol...wow...I finally get it...and once again I will say that is really deep. But now I finally see what is going on here. Also here is some food for thought, if a product leaks during SHIPMENT then the problem occured during SHIPMENT. Thats why the post office offers insurance items and THEY pay for leaking claims NOT the company that sent them. I havent had leakage problems with orders that I placed with them but I have had other problems in the past with other companies. It wasnt a lot though so I didnt make a big deal because common sense told me that if a liquid product inside of a bottle is being tossed around in every state that it has to go through in order to get to me, then there MIGHT be a chance that some leakage would occur. But once again...I just think that this is common sense and it wouldnt matter to me unless all of the product had leaked out. It also doesnt make sense that you would place ANOTHER order for the same product line that you claim was so bad, AFTER you had leakage and bad customer service the first time. Just doesnt make sense! Wouldnt you have just canceled the rest of the order and just said that you didnt like their service?...hmmm...like I said...something else is going on here and I think this is ALL about the fact that they wouldnt tell you how to hijack their products...lol...kinda funny to me but then again, Im not the type of person that gets a kick out of doing that kind of thing. I buy what I want and I dont have to hustle someone elses hard work to have good hair care products. So lets be honest here...once again, this is all about you not being able to make your own bootleg batch of shampoo. That also explains why you would rather take it to a chemist and have him to tell you whats in it, rather than just continue to buy it (like normal people do) if you like it. It took me a minute to figure you out, but its soooooo obvious that this is your game. I could care less if you dont buy from them or not, I dont make one dime from you doing so. But what I DO care about is you thinking that for some reason, I dont have the right to come to this board and give my OWN personal opinion without me being considered "paid advertising" thereby implying that I am a liar. I like it, you dont...lets just move on. Lastly, my sister recieved her Herbalaxer order today, but I didnt recieve mine. I understand that companies dont just make products for a few people, so I will just wait my turn until I get mine in the mail. Its first come first serve so if I dont get mine, Im mature enough to understand that maybe there were others that got their orders in before I did. No big deal...but I guess it would be, if my real intentions for ordering it was to try to take it to a chemist friend, so they could help me bootleg it instead..LOL...what a joke..keep it moving sista...you got game going on and probably other issues that the rest of us here may not be able to fully understand. Tatianna
I can see you're taking my dislike for Mineral Indulgence personally.

LOL. Anyway. I still stand on my personal opinion about the following products of Mineral Indulgence: The Kiwi Smoothie is greasy and drying and the customer service is not the best. The Sulfate Free shampoo smells good, detangles well and leaves the hair soft. I just want an explanation to why the shampoo lathers.

My guess is that the "Coconut Oil" is a cover up for the surfactant that is in the shampoo. SLS, SLES, ALS, and ALES are coconut derivatives (I worked in a gas phase chemistry lab for 3 years so I have a little knowledge on chemicals. ) There's a difference between suds and full blown lather. I don't have a desire to replicate the product because I don't know the process for how the product is formulated. I just want to know if the product is truly Coconut oil or if its a derivative. I didn't get an answer and so I have to find out by other means. There's nothing illegal about that. I will post my results in 2 weeks on my friend's findings.

Even more public and bigger companies publish the ingredients and formulations because you can't patent a formulation. That's why you have knock off Paul Mitchell products, etc.

I called Eqyss about their Eqyss Polymer Formulation , an ingredient that is listed on the Survivor Detangle,r and they broke down the exact silicone derivatives that are listed in the products.

The young lady that posted this thread wants to know who used these products and wants the members of this forum to post honest feedback whether negative or positive.

Please get a grip.
I agree. I used to be friendly. You used to be able to give your opinions openly and honestly. I think I am going to reject my membership here.
Don't let anyone ruin your experience here. You are so well informed and are asking just the right questions! I luv them and you aren't insulting or condescending- even though you've been shown much worse- Boo!. Sorry for that. Just ignore I too just saw a yahoo answer recommending mineral indulgence. I thought to look at their site and now Iím terribly interested in the lipsticks! They have colour OMG so much colour! I love colour! But my initial quest was for hair and why my hair just retains so much water. (4a/4b wash everyday and I love it!) So Retro! But Iím in the process of trying new things. I love Jessicurl. It leaves my hair amazingly soft and detangles well(weekly treatment)! So does Abre de vie- deep treatment is a lifesaver! Was the natural relaxer to relax your natural hair? Have you received it and do you like it? Besides having received undesirable comments and answers... Would you recommend mineral indulgence?
..And I would like to apologise for my composition. I just developed a random cold (I think it's because I rinse my hair each day and it retains so much! water-head cold) and Iím on Nightquil...blah!
Thanks! CurleyChurley
Niafloda2005, thanks for the info. I'm BCing next week and I've been up early this morn searching the internet and hair boards. I too saw the yahoo post and almost ordered this product.

I agree with curlerchurley. Please don't leave. Some ppl may have the time and the money to be product junkies. I don't, so again, thank you, thank you!

I'll read about some ppl staying away, from cones, sulfates and whatever else. Some ppl are NATURAL completely. You seem to be someone, who wants to know exactly what is in your hair products. Ain't nothing wrong with that!
tatianaluv i just keep looking at your post...this is the most i've ever seen someone write in a post...*slowly walks out of thread*
Henna and shea butter. Next to try are shampoos bars (still <3 baking soda)
Fotki personal 'NO centre parting for the rest of the year' challenge





How weird was that. I couldn't even bother to read that four page letter. It would hurt my eyes to even try lol.


"Thereís just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. Thereís a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is itís sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
www.fotki.com/1cammyb
www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/1cammyb
That was a lot of information on both sides of the mineral indulgence question. I truly appreciate learning from the two most avid posters...regardless of position. So has anyone tried the Shima oil or the Wen hair care system?
There was one or two people all over yahoo posting reviews. I went to the website and figured I would give it a try.

I ordered 3 products on the same day: the Sulfate Free Shampoo which is supposed to stretch your curls, Kiwi Smoothie which is supposed to be ultra moisturizing, and the natural relaxer kit. The shampoo is not drying, does detangle, but I was curious about the ingredients. The shampoo lathers but the ingredients listed on the bottle don't equate to what would make the shampoo lather.

I emailed her and she kinda gave a snappy response (in my opinion):



A special process is used in order to cause the ingredients in Napturally Sulfate Free to lather. It absolutely does not contain any surfactants which includes SLS and SLES. The ingredients listed on the bottle are combined in a manner that causes it to lather. As indicated, all of the ingredients are natural. As stated before, it is not within our policy to disclose our formulation process to customers and by federal law, we must only indicate the exact ingredients as they pertain to our products.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause however if you are not comfortable with using our products for any reason, we regrettably suggest that perhaps you should consider using another natural hair and skin care line to your discretion.

Naturally yours,

Mineral Indulgence Customer Service
Mineralindulgence.com
The natural essence of beauty for every woman... guaranteed!

I also ordered the Kiwi Smoothie which isn't all that moisturizing. My hair just feels greasy.
The natural relaxer kit I have yet to receive and the order was placed over a month ago now (product will not be available until after Sept 20, 200. I never got the order, so I emailed her and she said in more or less words that it will be shipped sometime after Sept 20th so I don't know when I'm going to get the natural relaxer. Also because the relaxer is being shipped separately from the two other products, I'm being charge 1/2 of the shipping even though I already paid shipping.

You can find better or make your own.
Originally Posted by Niafloda2005
See, I'm a total PJ and I only need half a reason to buy a hair product, but this snippy a**, condesending response alone will keep me away. You start talking to me like that after you got my money and we gonna have an old fashioned show down.
You talk to me like that before you get my money and I'm STILL gonna blast yo a**!!!!
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001
Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009

Holy Grails:
Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!
How weird was that. I couldn't even bother to read that four page letter. It would hurt my eyes to even try lol.
Originally Posted by Cammyb
I agree. I was actually really getting into the fight, but my eyes started crossing when trying to read the long paragraph so I gave up...
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001
Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009

Holy Grails:
Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!
I agree. I used to be friendly. You used to be able to give your opinions openly and honestly. I think I am going to reject my membership here.
Originally Posted by Niafloda2005
Girl.....its really not that serious. What she or anyone is saying to you is just words. Life's too short.....forget her or anyone else and dont waste your time on people like that.....let it go.
I posted in the Transitioning forum... Has anyone tried Mineral Indulgence products? There was ony one reply, but it sounded like someone paid to advertise--way too much like a commercial or something. I want the real scoop.
From their website... http://mineralindulgence.com/Hair_Care_Products.html
Mineral Indulgence Hair Care Products are created from all natural ingredients that contain essential oils, butters and plant extracts that are well known for their conditioning properties. Research and product analysis have been done to create a special blend of ingredients that when combined work to soften and strengthen dry or unmanageable hair. Synthetic oils such as mineral and petrolatum are never used in our products, due to their unhealthy nature of clogging the pores and causing hair breakage. Consistent use of Mineral Indulgence Natural Hair Products will be apparent in normal to damaged hair within just one week.
I also couldn't really find any reviews on any other site. So I'm kind of suspicious. Have ya'll heard anything about it?
Originally Posted by kayasmommy
No one is paying me to review this product. I received mine yesterday and did everything like the instructions told me and right at this very moment, I am stripping my hair of this product. Someone on the forum said it's to good to be true and they are right. Now I know why there are not that many reviews because they might be ashamed to say it didn't work for their hair. I know I should speak for myself, but this product had no slip and my coils are gone. I'm praying at this moment that my hair will return to it's natural state and I should have listen to one of the other naturals on the forum who said try the samples first. It's all my fault and there is no one to blame but myself. This experience has made me afraid to order any all natural product that does not have a lot of reviews about it. I got caught up in the results it promised and the nice pictures they have displayed. This product could work for others, but not for me.

Last edited by napster; 10-21-2009 at 01:06 AM.
I placed an order with this company June 2, 2012. There policy states you will receive your order 10 days after placing the order which is unusual because they are located in Tuscaloosa, AL. By the 19th I still hadn't received my order so I sent and email. I got a snappy reply just like the other post stated. So I waited until the 2nd of July because I was approaching my travel date, They responded the package had been delivered on the 21rst. I responded I had not recieved the package and was willing to trouble shoot. They then sent me an email stating I had taken the package. I was appauled, I never once thought my integrity would come into question ordering makeup. Needless to say the rest didn't turn out well. I had to file reports on the post office, paypal and this company. The mail carrier couldn't recall the delivery but she signed off on it. I live around a bunch of white people. I strongly feel the package wasn't delivered and for them to get so defensive immediately simply blew me away, buyer beware!!!!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com