Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
 
millie_(A)TCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 403
Default Nubian Heritage and SheaMoisture Products

Are the best in the world! I discovered their line of hair and body products 4 months ago and have become devoted. Not only are they organic but also fair trade! Last week though with my mixed chics leave in conditioner finished I finally got to try their shea moisture leave in conditioner (Can't buy a new product unless the old one if not disastrous is done). OMG can you say softness! Its a bit thick but it works magically and love the smell!

Just wanted to spread the discovery

Naturallycurly should sell their products btw. The nubian heritage raw shea conditioner and shea moisture leave in are divine.
millie_(A)TCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
 
Sunyata B. 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 105
Default

My mom just told me she got some soap(on sale), a candle, and some lotion at Macy's(yeah for no shipping!). I havent tried the shampoo, but NH is being slept on, by me at least. I've been trying to find a good natural lotion for FOREVER! I didn't know they sold hair products, but I guess the lotion&soap could be used on the hair. And that SheaMoisture Leave-In under some IC Fantasia gave me the best hair day to date.

Last edited by Sunyata B. ; 11-30-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Sunyata B.  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
 
Thkchk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 203
Default Nubian Heritage and SheaMoisture Products

I bought the sheamoisture leave in last weekend and i'm still trying to find the right use for it. It is indeed thick. I think that I still need something else with it. I saw the shampoo and conditioner in the store as well but held off on trying those.

I have all the Nubian Heritage bar soaps. Some I love, some I like and a couple I probably won't re-purchase. I haven't tried the body wash, body butters, lotions, hand cream, shampoo, conditioner or the shea butter creams. I would try their other products but I've got so much stuff I need to use up.
Thkchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
 
millie_(A)TCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
And that SheaMoisture Leave-In under some IC Fantasia gave me the best hair day to date.
same here thats my new magical formula, only I add almond oil to the fantasia gel.

Quote:
I have all the Nubian Heritage bar soaps. Some I love, some I like and a couple I probably won't re-purchase. I haven't tried the body wash, body butters, lotions, hand cream, shampoo, conditioner or the shea butter creams. I would try their other products but I've got so much stuff I need to use up.
LOL, well if you have to try anything try the Nubian Heritage raw shea conditioner and the body scrubs. Brilliant!
__________________
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Last edited by millie_(A)TCK; 11-30-2008 at 07:02 PM.
millie_(A)TCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
 
Cammyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 575
Default

I do like all their products ...pretty much. Minus their fake A** black soap. Everything smells nice but they have parabens.
__________________


"Thereís just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. Thereís a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is itís sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
www.fotki.com/1cammyb
www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/1cammyb
Cammyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
 
Nappy_curly_crown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via Yahoo to Nappy_curly_crown
Default

I have been using the Shea Moisture Leave in for about the past year and yes it is VERY thick...so I finally found a way to address that that enhances the leave it. When I buy a new bottle, I take half of it and put it in a sterilized pump bottle. I mix with some distilled water and rice bran oil. Shake it up and i usually get a thick lotion consistancy (adding more water yields a thinner product). Anywho...this increases the slip, which aids in the application process.

Also, i have started making my spritz with shea moisture leave it and I swear it is the best stuff to put in a spritz ever! It thickens up watery spritz mixes and increases the moisturization like WHOA.

Don't sleep on the shea moisture.

Oh...and thier lotion (shea moisture) is ALL that!!! Nubian Heritage also has really good lotions (both are owned by the same company, just different branding). I highly recommend them in the dry winters!!!
__________________
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Nappy_curly_crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
 
mariag002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,553
Default

Can somebody please post the link to their website

I've YET to try Shea butter. Yeah I think I'm the only person in the 3c-4b forum that hasn't tried it yet. I am dying to try the black soap.
__________________
- Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

mariag002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
 
mochalatta408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 220
Default

Yup, I loooove sheamoisture. Im so mad that I can't find it locally though (anyone know where I can get it in San Francisco or LA??)

I love nubian heritage! Has anyone used their hair products? When I first BC'd I was using the Raw Shea Souffle stuff and I really liked it. I always wonder how it would perform if I used it now...

The soap I've been using exclusively all year. I thought they all perform the same but they dont. Some left my skin more soft and moist than others. My favorites are the carrot and pomogrante soap, the Ivorian Cocoa Butter Soap, and the Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver Soap w/ Neem. I even like the black soap even though its fake (smells heavenly).
__________________
3c/4a, thick cottony/silky little spiral curls. Loves moisture, hates cones...www.beijaflornaturals.com
mochalatta408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:33 AM   #9
 
millie_(A)TCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
I have been using the Shea Moisture Leave in for about the past year and yes it is VERY thick...so I finally found a way to address that that enhances the leave it. When I buy a new bottle, I take half of it and put it in a sterilized pump bottle. I mix with some distilled water and rice bran oil. Shake it up and i usually get a thick lotion consistancy (adding more water yields a thinner product). Anywho...this increases the slip, which aids in the application process.

Also, i have started making my spritz with shea moisture leave it and I swear it is the best stuff to put in a spritz ever! It thickens up watery spritz mixes and increases the moisturization like WHOA.
OMG Thank You so Much for this I am going to follow your advice on this ASAP. Never ever heard of Rice Bran oil, what are its qualities for hair and why use this oil over others in the shea butter leave in?


Quote:
The soap I've been using exclusively all year. I thought they all perform the same but they dont. Some left my skin more soft and moist than others. My favorites are the carrot and pomogrante soap, the Ivorian Cocoa Butter Soap, and the Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver Soap w/ Neem. I even like the black soap even though its fake (smells heavenly).
Their soaps are divine, only smelled them, haven't yet tried them yet but definitely will.

Quote:
Can somebody please post the link to their website

I've YET to try Shea butter. Yeah I think I'm the only person in the 3c-4b forum that hasn't tried it yet. I am dying to try the black soap.
lol, there is a first time for everything, mines was 4 months so don't worry you're not the only late bloomer to shea butter.

Here are their websites but for some odd reason they don't have all their products on their website and the ones on their website aren't the same as in the shops.

http://www.nubianheritage.com/

http://www.sheamoisture.com/home

This is a link to some of the products that are not available on their site like the leave in

http://www.bodyandbathplus.com/shea-...hea-butter.htm
__________________
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Last edited by millie_(A)TCK; 12-03-2008 at 05:35 AM.
millie_(A)TCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #10
 
Nappy_curly_crown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
Send a message via Yahoo to Nappy_curly_crown
Default

millie

I use rice bran oil because it is very high in vitamin e (it has the highest vitamin e content of any oil from what I remember reading), it absorbs really easily into the skin and hair, and it isn't "greasy" like some oils.

Other oils that I have used with success are castor oil (espically in the winter) and Africa's Best Herbal Oil (it's about $2 at walmart and target).
__________________
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Nappy_curly_crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com