Anyone have Reviews for MyHoneyChild?

I tried the Honey Hair Mask. It didn't moisturize jack so I gave it to my sister. It started matting her hair...naturally she stopped using it. I think about trying more stuff but I think you might want to skip this line. Not to mention she has a bagillion products to hard to choose.
Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural
Holy Grails
*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
This was bumped in time, I need to go back and read the reviews although I love myhoneychild. I only purchased the creams or stylers. I orderedthe shampoo and conditioner ( the banana one), it smelled so good but there was some type of protein so I was scared to use it, gave it to my close friend. She loved it.

I have used the type 3 cream , its the bomb diggity, the type 4 cream was actually too heavy for my hair but it works well for the winter.
The honeylovepomade I thought was going to be a butter product but its a fluffy jelly type product but Its wonderful
the twist out cream is the bomb, it keeps my hair very curly and defined, it almost looked ike a rod set.
I also bought the honeyhair creme, it was nice but the smell is weird so it put me off, i think its the mimosa oil thats added

I just ordered the buttery soy cream and the natural hair cream
She just revamped the website and sizes, you can now get 4 and 6 ozs instead of only 8 ozs
lovestosamba
Guest
Posts: n/a
I tried this line about 2 years ago. The honey mask did not moisturize. The Olive you protein conditioner (can't remember the exact name) was too foamy and dried my hair out. The type 4 cream was very moisturizing but I couldn't stand the smell (very strong spearmint) and it made my scalp itch and burn. The honey butter cream scent was too strong. Bascially all of her products have very strong scents and if you are sensitive, this is not the line for you.

The hair milks are too watery. The leave-ins were just scented water.

The shampoos were just okay. Basically I'm with the other reviewer. Her products are very hit or miss and not worth it. I'd skip it. She has so many products that you could go broke trying them all.

Last edited by lovestosamba; 09-24-2009 at 08:41 AM.
You guys basically just saved mea bunch of money because I am not hearing too many good reviews on her products.

I tried this line about 2 years ago. The honey mask did not moisturize. The avocado protein conditioner (can't remember the exact name) was too foamy and dried my hair out. The type 4 cream was very moisturizing but I couldn't stand the smell (very strong spearmint) and it made my scalp itch and burn. The honey butter cream scent was too strong. Bascially all of her products have very strong scents and if you are sensitive, this is not the line for you.

Originally Posted by lovestosamba

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!

I think Im really going to have to try all of Krikas products.

I received my recent purchase today. Everything except the Thick and Healthy Mask smells sooo good.

I repurchased the Twist out cream , which is a lovely cream. It worked so well for me last time. By the time I get to use them I will need to reup my Type 3 cream which I didnt get this time around.

The Sophia Old Fashioned Grease smells like peaches, Im not sure How Im going to use the Cognac and Vanilla Bean Texturizer because its really thin but believe me Im going to find a way.

The Afrikoko silky hair lotions smells like a cherry split or something ( I just might be hungry).

I cant wait to try this stuff out. Im doing my girl friends hair tomorrow so Im going to test out some things on her.
I've been wanting to try her other products but when I used the type 4 cream a few years ago I wasn't impressed at all. I've been wanting to try sophia's old fashioned hair grease but don't wanna pay $9 in shipping for a 4oz jar.

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
Conditioners: Curl Junkie
Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
So far, I love the Honey and Horsetail Reconstructor. I want to try it one more time. It not only moisturizes my hair, but it detangled my hair upon contact. And my hair remained detangled even after it was rinsed out.

As mentioned before, I want to try it again to make sure...
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SUMMER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:Shima oil
Shampoo:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir
Cowash:HE The Sleeker The Butter
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT/LI/Detangler/
: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!

MHC is one of the main lines that I use...her stuff has worked miracles for my hair!

I use the Organic Shea Butter Paste Deep conditioner as a leave in, love it! The Guava Honey Hair Balm and Carribean Hair cream and the Afrikoko are some of my favorites. And I cannot live without my Type 2 hair cream, Coconut Hair gel, Old fashioned hair grease, and my Cognac Vanilla Hair texturizer!!

I mainly use Curls shampoos and conditioners, but MHC is amazing for keeping my hair moisturized. I just got the Olive You Deep conditioner and the Honey nutt conditioner this week. I plan on using the conditioner as a leave in (I always use conditioners and DCs as leace ins) and the Olive You as an overnight conditioner.

I love me some MHC!!
3b/2b/3c mix
~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk

I use the Organic Shea Butter Paste Deep conditioner as a leave in, love it!...(I always use conditioners and DCs as leace ins)... I love me some MHC!!
Originally Posted by ChAoTiCbLiSs

ChAoTiCbLiSs:

Have you tried the Honey and Horsetail Reconstructor? If so, would you recommend it as a leave-in as well?
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SUMMER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:Shima oil
Shampoo:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir
Cowash:HE The Sleeker The Butter
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT/LI/Detangler/
: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!

Buttery soy hair cream is the bomb!!! I used that and carol's daughter hair balm together and did twists last week...my hair is still moisturized and the twistout came out really good.

[/B]
I love My Honey Child products. I'm not a huge fan of her conditioners. I have the Honey Hair Mask and it's pretty good. I have the Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner, but I haven't used it yet. The Olive You conditioner didn't do much for my hair at all.

Now, her creams and lotions? I ADORE them! I'm smitten with both the Type 4 and Type 3 creams, the Honey Hair Creme, the Guava Honey Hair Balm, Twist Out Creme, Buttery Soy Creme....I could go on.

I love Sophia's Locion de Luz and the Soy Natural Hair Milk...both have no scent, and I use them under the creams (for the winter season).

The scents don't linger...and I'm not scent sensitive, so I'm good.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
her hair creams and milks are great for twisting, you're right NEA. makes it bad for your wallet!

[/B]
Ok so I'm in kinky twists but to appease myself, Ive had a section of hair in the back out for like almost a week and half now. It's about the size of 4 medium twists.

Ive been experimenting like I dont know what on that hair with all my new stuff lolol. Dont judge me lol

Well last night I shampoo'd then used MyhoneyChilds Sophia Thick and Healthy Mask.

Talk about the wow factor of that mask. Now when I first got it, I opened it up and the jar smells like glue. I was like What in the heck?

After putting it in my hair and smoothing it thru, I just couldnt stop touching the hair. After I rinsed it out , my hair felt awesome. I'm going to have to get a bigger size as I only ordered the 4oz jar! Once I smoothed the hair mask in the glue smell went away.

I have 2C hair but tried the type 3 creme because it has more hold, less moisturie, which is right for me since I can do too much emollient. I like how it looks., a bit frizz, but one question. I do a lowpoo, every 2-3 days and water rinses in between but have to restyle. Does this stuff come out with just water or does it stay in your hair??? I mean, could I restyle the next day with this product after just a water rinse?? Hope for many opinions! Thanks
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
Originally Posted by mamaherrera
Heheeee!!! nooooooo this will NOT come out with just water!! That's one of the reasons I love it/hate it.

The first time I used it I overdid it and took three different shampoos to get out it!! The second time I used less and it was great, but this is why it leaves my hair moisturized and looking great for days on end. I think I got two week hair with this before when I used it for two strand twists.

[/B]
i got her type 3 and type 4 hair cream and buttery soy hair cream. i haven't tried the type 4 hair cream yet, but the buttery soy and type 3 hair cream have left my hair soft for 2 weeks AND they have defined my twists and twistouts for the same amount of time. i love them!! definitely will become staples. i think their smell is pretty light. to me it smells like frosting with a bit of a pepperminty undertone. definitely doesn't linger much.

had to support krika! she also has great customer service though she doesn't seem to have sales really. definitely suggest at least buying samples.
I tried the O'Honey Curl Mist. For my 4a/4b transitioning hair it worked wonders. It left my hair soft and ready for a twistout. Plus the honey scent is amazing! Pretty cool how I bought it here in Canada at CurlyCanadians. I just saw that they're having a sale on all MYHoneyChild products - just wish I got it on sale!
Bumping bc this was the longest recent MHC thread I could find...

Has anyone used her Sophia's Herbal Mixture? Was it effect for you? How did it leave your scalp and hair feeling?
James Baldwin
A Talk To Teachers
[...]
one of the paradoxes of education [is] that precisely at the point when you begin to develop a conscience, you must find yourself at war with your society. It is your responsibility to change society

Originally Posted by cocodej
I have used it - it did more for my scalp then my hair, but I have a notoriously dry and flaky scalp and this calmed it whever it started acting up. I have since started making my own infusions with some of the herbs contained therein, which is the only reason I have not repurchased. FWIW, I also really liked her sprayer on the bottles I had. It misted strongly but not in a stream. That made me happy.
Team Wash and Go!

Originally Posted by cocodej
Originally Posted by redlipstick
I have a very flaky scalp as well and need to be consistent about what I am using. Many thanks for the review Lady! I am reacquainting myself with MHC this Black Friday.

The bolded made me cheese.
James Baldwin