-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   Anyone have Reviews for MyHoneyChild? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/76769-anyone-have-reviews-myhoneychild.html)

labelfree 05-27-2009 02:58 PM

Anyone have Reviews for MyHoneyChild?

So I tried to do a little research :book: to see if there where reivews in the Product Review thread there where some but wasn't really what I was looking for.

I'm interested in the:

Honey Hair Mask
and
HoneyNutt Conditioner

If any of you ladies have tried these products please enlighten me lol :toothy5:

NubianCoils 05-27-2009 03:18 PM

:laughing6::laughing6:YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Labelfree I seriously don't think there are two bigger PJ Crackheads in alllll the Naturally Curly Kingdom as us!:eye: Didn't I just see you on the Oyin thread tempted to try the Honey Hemp conditioner? Were you or were you not on the weekly PJ thread talking about all what you bought?
Ok, so I ordered 2 of the Oyin conditioners Friday, so I'll let you know how they work out once I get them. I ordered from Curl Mart so I should get them soon.

And I am also interested in the Honey Mask so I'll stalk this thread for answers.:goofy:

labelfree 05-27-2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by NubianCoils (Post 978217)

lol has soon as I think I'm cured something else pops up. I have the HHC in my cart right now and the MyHoneyChild site open in another window :happy6:

NubianCoils 05-27-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by labelfree (Post 978288)

Originally Posted by NubianCoils (Post 978217)

:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:!!! I haven't bought anything this week so far. I'm itching like a heroine addict, but I'm trying to hang on. Every single week this month I have made at least two orders of something. I have told myself if I can make it for at least two weeks without ordering anything I will reward myself with getting more Darcy's Botanicals and some HE Hello Hydration conditioner I've been wanting to try. I am running out of places to hide my stash and since it's starting to get warmer, I have to put most of it in the fridge which is drawing the attention of my SO...oh Lawd...:?

QVCDiva 05-27-2009 05:36 PM

Here's the review from our #1 product pusha, Empressri,

Also, here is an old thread that might help.

Spiralli 05-27-2009 05:40 PM

I'm not 4a, but I tried the HoneyNutt conditioner and did not like it. I think it was the scent more than anything that didn't agree with me. I swapped that away and got the HoneyBerry, which I love and will repurchase. I don't recall if the ingredients are that different between the 2, other than what makes one smell like Nutt vs. Berry.

Booker Ts Mama 05-27-2009 06:09 PM

I've used the Honey Hair Mask and the Coconut Papaya Conditioner and I like both of them. They both smell heavenly and they made my hair really soft. I've also used the Molasses Deep Conditioner and I like that one also. I say if you're itching to purchase them, do it. If they don't work for you, you can always swap them on the swap boards.

labelfree 05-27-2009 07:29 PM

Thanks Ladies

va_candi 05-27-2009 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by NubianCoils (Post 978217)

I liked the Honey Hair Mask. I was skeptical at first because it was runny, but it worked better than I thought it would. It's not a bad price either. I got several uses from it.

Originally Posted by Booker Ts Mama (Post 978423)

Would you repurchase the Molasses Deep Conditioner? Is the consistency runny like the mask? I've been eyeing it for a while. It's on sale right now.

Kinky Rhonnie 05-28-2009 07:15 AM

I bought the 4a Hair Creme in a swap. I didn't like the texture and the smell was putrid. lol. I refused to use it so I can't provide a review.

MrsDay 05-28-2009 07:25 AM

I LOVE the Type 4 Hair Creme. After I wash my hair, I can use it all by itself and it gives me great moisture and hold. A little on dry hair before twisting at night helps too. It's the ONE product that I order online and don't mind paying for.

Kinky Rhonnie 05-28-2009 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by MsRikki (Post 978898)

Hey MsRikki, I was actually thinking that the creme that was sold to me was old. That could have bee while it smelled.

What is the smell like in your opinion?

Booker Ts Mama 05-28-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by va_candi (Post 978753)

Originally Posted by NubianCoils (Post 978217)

Originally Posted by Booker Ts Mama (Post 978423)

The Molasses Deep Conditioner is a lot thicker than the Honey Hair Mask. I would definitely repurchase it because it's a good deep conditioner. The smell is WONDERFUL :love4:

wavezncurlz 05-28-2009 03:01 PM

Not a 4a but my all time fav is the Caribbean Hair Creme
for my buns and updos (not w-n-g's). It's great for my daughters too. I love the smell. I didn't like the type 4 creme or type 3 creme. This was right in between.

And yes, unfortunately, the texture of the creme varies. The last batch I got was really watery and not the whipped feel that I am used to. It worked the same but I had to keep it in the fridge if I didn't want it watery. I think that's the rub of using natural products though. THe consistency varies.

MrsDay 05-29-2009 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kinky Rhonnie (Post 978906)

Originally Posted by MsRikki (Post 978898)

What is the smell like in your opinion?

Mine smells a little minty..kinda reminds me of Miss Jessie's Buttercreme.

Msladii 05-29-2009 07:04 AM

I have been on the fence about purchasing from them for weeks now... I want some products from them and Darcy's Botanical's... but I never got around to ordering either one... although I had carts full of both... =/

CoilsKinksCurls 09-23-2009 08:09 PM

Has anyone else tried these lately? I want to try some products but they are too expensive to purchase without getting some more reviews on them first. I amseeing really mixed reviews so far.

blessedhime 09-23-2009 09:26 PM

I'm not a fan oh MHC. I bought the Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste, Herbal Hair Cocktail, Buttery Soy Hair Creme, Sophia's Gel and got a sample of the Honey Hair Creme. The only thing that worked somewhat was the Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste. The scent was amazing. It made everyone stop and just smell my hair under the shower cap lol. However, the results were mediocre. My hair wasn't as soft as with the Ashlii Amala from Afroveda.

The Herbal Hair Cocktail was sticky and made my hair feel product filled. It did not moisturize. The other things did not work whatsoever. :-|

empressri 09-23-2009 11:17 PM

They're OKAY. I have some and once I use it I won't repurchase.

lashon20 09-24-2009 01:52 AM

I've tried her type 4 hair creme and that stuff was horrible. It made my hair dry and left a residue on my hair.