Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > 4

Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #1

Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Anyone have Reviews for MyHoneyChild?

So I tried to do a little research to see if there where reivews in the Product Review thread there where some but wasn't really what I was looking for.

I'm interested in the:

Honey Hair Mask
and
HoneyNutt Conditioner

If any of you ladies have tried these products please enlighten me lol
Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #2

NubianCoils's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Labelfree I seriously don't think there are two bigger PJ Crackheads in alllll the Naturally Curly Kingdom as us! Didn't I just see you on the Oyin thread tempted to try the Honey Hemp conditioner? Were you or were you not on the weekly PJ thread talking about all what you bought?
Ok, so I ordered 2 of the Oyin conditioners Friday, so I'll let you know how they work out once I get them. I ordered from Curl Mart so I should get them soon.

And I am also interested in the Honey Mask so I'll stalk this thread for answers.
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001
Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009

Holy Grails:
Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!
NubianCoils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #3

Originally Posted by NubianCoils View Post

lol has soon as I think I'm cured something else pops up. I have the HHC in my cart right now and the MyHoneyChild site open in another window
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #4

NubianCoils's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

Originally Posted by labelfree View Post
Originally Posted by NubianCoils View Post

!!! I haven't bought anything this week so far. I'm itching like a heroine addict, but I'm trying to hang on. Every single week this month I have made at least two orders of something. I have told myself if I can make it for at least two weeks without ordering anything I will reward myself with getting more Darcy's Botanicals and some HE Hello Hydration conditioner I've been wanting to try. I am running out of places to hide my stash and since it's starting to get warmer, I have to put most of it in the fridge which is drawing the attention of my SO...oh Lawd...
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001

NubianCoils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #5

QVCDiva's Avatar

Here's the review from our #1 product pusha, Empressri,

Also, here is an old thread that might help.

Anyone use MYHoneyChild products?
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
QVCDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #6

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I'm not 4a, but I tried the HoneyNutt conditioner and did not like it. I think it was the scent more than anything that didn't agree with me. I swapped that away and got the HoneyBerry, which I love and will repurchase. I don't recall if the ingredients are that different between the 2, other than what makes one smell like Nutt vs. Berry.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #7

Booker Ts Mama's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

I've used the Honey Hair Mask and the Coconut Papaya Conditioner and I like both of them. They both smell heavenly and they made my hair really soft. I've also used the Molasses Deep Conditioner and I like that one also. I say if you're itching to purchase them, do it. If they don't work for you, you can always swap them on the swap boards.

Booker Ts Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #8

Thanks Ladies
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #9

va_candi's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Originally Posted by NubianCoils View Post

I liked the Honey Hair Mask. I was skeptical at first because it was runny, but it worked better than I thought it would. It's not a bad price either. I got several uses from it.

Originally Posted by Booker Ts Mama View Post
Would you repurchase the Molasses Deep Conditioner? Is the consistency runny like the mask? I've been eyeing it for a while. It's on sale right now.
va_candi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #10

Kinky Rhonnie's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

I bought the 4a Hair Creme in a swap. I didn't like the texture and the smell was putrid. lol. I refused to use it so I can't provide a review.

Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
Kinky Rhonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #11

MrsDay's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007

I LOVE the Type 4 Hair Creme. After I wash my hair, I can use it all by itself and it gives me great moisture and hold. A little on dry hair before twisting at night helps too. It's the ONE product that I order online and don't mind paying for.
STRICTLY 4a!

OLIVE OIL
GRAPESEED OIL

Cantu Cocount Curling Cream/Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil Moisturizer
Ecostyler Gel: Olive Oil/Krystal
These are my favorites, however, I AM a product junkie and will change it up at anytime.
MrsDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #12

Kinky Rhonnie's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by MsRikki View Post
Hey MsRikki, I was actually thinking that the creme that was sold to me was old. That could have bee while it smelled.

What is the smell like in your opinion?

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
Kinky Rhonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #13

Booker Ts Mama's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by va_candi View Post

Originally Posted by Booker Ts Mama View Post
The Molasses Deep Conditioner is a lot thicker than the Honey Hair Mask. I would definitely repurchase it because it's a good deep conditioner. The smell is WONDERFUL

Booker Ts Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #14

wavezncurlz's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2001

Not a 4a but my all time fav is the Caribbean Hair Creme

for my buns and updos (not w-n-g's). It's great for my daughters too. I love the smell. I didn't like the type 4 creme or type 3 creme. This was right in between.

And yes, unfortunately, the texture of the creme varies. The last batch I got was really watery and not the whipped feel that I am used to. It worked the same but I had to keep it in the fridge if I didn't want it watery. I think that's the rub of using natural products though. THe consistency varies.

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
password: curlzorwavez
wavezncurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #15

MrsDay's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Kinky Rhonnie View Post
Originally Posted by MsRikki View Post

What is the smell like in your opinion?
Mine smells a little minty..kinda reminds me of Miss Jessie's Buttercreme.
STRICTLY 4a!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #16

Msladii's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006
Send a message via AIM to Msladii Send a message via Yahoo to Msladii

I have been on the fence about purchasing from them for weeks now... I want some products from them and Darcy's Botanical's... but I never got around to ordering either one... although I had carts full of both... =/
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT WILL BE ABOUT NATURAL HAIR CARE / STYLES / TUTORIALS AND COSMETICS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT

"Shrinkage is only your hair trying to get closer to you...embrace it."
O, medium/course, spongy, mass of beautiful curly hair

pswd rawks
Msladii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #17

CoilsKinksCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via MSN to CoilsKinksCurls

Has anyone else tried these lately? I want to try some products but they are too expensive to purchase without getting some more reviews on them first. I amseeing really mixed reviews so far.

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!

CoilsKinksCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #18

blessedhime's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

I'm not a fan oh MHC. I bought the Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste, Herbal Hair Cocktail, Buttery Soy Hair Creme, Sophia's Gel and got a sample of the Honey Hair Creme. The only thing that worked somewhat was the Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste. The scent was amazing. It made everyone stop and just smell my hair under the shower cap lol. However, the results were mediocre. My hair wasn't as soft as with the Ashlii Amala from Afroveda.

The Herbal Hair Cocktail was sticky and made my hair feel product filled. It did not moisturize. The other things did not work whatsoever.
blessedhime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #19

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

They're OKAY. I have some and once I use it I won't repurchase.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #20

lashon20's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006

I've tried her type 4 hair creme and that stuff was horrible. It made my hair dry and left a residue on my hair.

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
Conditioners: Curl Junkie
Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl