Picture thread attempt 4a, pen spring ladies

Like Tree7Likes

Loving this thread.

I have this hair type as well, though in my crown there are some looser straw-sized areas. It may not be rare, but I live in DC where there are a TON of naturals, and I've just never seen it. In fact, I regularly have other naturals approach me in wonder saying "Your curls are SO small and cute!"

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Originally Posted by joettedj
They don't think it's a hair style? Because even other naturals ask me where I got my hair done. And when I tell them it just grows out like this, there like. "Really? That's so cool I've never seen that before." lol I need to get some pics up. But I don't have any good close up pics since I learned the tightly curly method. Plus I have a very twa. Especially because of the amazing amount of shrinkage.
Loving this thread.

I have this hair type as well, though in my crown there are some looser straw-sized areas. It may not be rare, but I live in DC where there are a TON of naturals, and I've just never seen it. In fact, I regularly have other naturals approach me in wonder saying "Your curls are SO small and cute!"

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Originally Posted by joettedj
Wait a minute...ahem...I thought I held the crown for the tighest, boingiest, smallest coils in DC. I say we have a picture showdown
4a, fine coils. low/med porosity. "It's springy. Like a slinky."--My Lil' Cousin

I use products on 90% dry hair.
Wash: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap.
Conditioner: Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac/Suave Humectants
Moisturizers: Long Aid
Styler: Ecostyler Clear/ Vitamin E Oil
Oh and Lynnery, you know I've been stalking your fotki right girl. lol I think I've found another hair relative. You must share your hair secrets. Your hair is crazy shiny.
Originally Posted by Haj
I co-wash with VO5 and I mix my eco styler with long aid activator. Seal with jojoba oil or coconut oil and shake well.

On another note. this hair typing thing can get a little confusing but like Haj said 4a is more than just coffee-stir sized. I think most of us have different hair types on our head.
Originally Posted by Lynnery
So you do this with a wash and go? Or do you clump curls with a denman?
Originally Posted by Haj
I just do this with a wash n go. Unlike others the denman does nothing for my hair it separates my curls instead of clumping them. I get my hair real wet and pour conditioner in it. I finger comb in the shower sqeeze out the excess water and shake.

The only time I used a denman was after detangling to remove shed hair but I think the denman is pulling out too much hair so I'm not using that anymore.



Last relaxer-3/16/08
Type 4a thick hair
www.fotki.com/cluelessaka updated March 2010




Loving this thread.

I have this hair type as well, though in my crown there are some looser straw-sized areas. It may not be rare, but I live in DC where there are a TON of naturals, and I've just never seen it. In fact, I regularly have other naturals approach me in wonder saying "Your curls are SO small and cute!"

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Originally Posted by joettedj
Wait a minute...ahem...I thought I held the crown for the tighest, boingiest, smallest coils in DC. I say we have a picture showdown
Originally Posted by springyhead
Uh uh girl, I don't think you wanna start that thread. I'm from NYC and round these parts the tiniest of the tiniest coils reside atop my head. Pen spring city I tell you. lol

If you wanna take it there I'm bought to DC tomorrow. But girl I'm telling you after my DC all I have is definition. It's just a head full of pen springs pop pop poppin every where. lol

^^ I know I'm corny but I'm not lying.

I co-wash with VO5 and I mix my eco styler with long aid activator. Seal with jojoba oil or coconut oil and shake well.

On another note. this hair typing thing can get a little confusing but like Haj said 4a is more than just coffee-stir sized. I think most of us have different hair types on our head.
Originally Posted by Lynnery
So you do this with a wash and go? Or do you clump curls with a denman?
Originally Posted by Haj
I just do this with a wash n go. Unlike others the denman does nothing for my hair it separates my curls instead of clumping them. I get my hair real wet and pour conditioner in it. I finger comb in the shower sqeeze out the excess water and shake.

The only time I used a denman was after detangling to remove shed hair but I think the denman is pulling out too much hair so I'm not using that anymore.
Originally Posted by Lynnery
Looks can be so deceiving. Our hair looks so similar. But from what you say we have totally different hair. I tried that wash and go mess. My hair looked like a doggon rats nest. I'm not even gonna diss a birds nest like that, compared to how my hair looks after a wash and go a birds nest is nice and uniform.lmao.

My fake denman is the best thing that has ever happened to my hair though. It clumped parts of my hair into coils that I didn't know coils existed. If I had to go and live some where that didn't have beauty supply stores or drugstores, I'd be good with just my fake denman. I'm sure I could get some aloe and oil from the locals. lol )

But I'm definitely going to try the long aid and eco styler. I've heard so much about both. I only use the pink eco styler for laying my hair down. I used to use the clear one when I was still permed and i loved it because it was so light. It actually made my hair feel healthier. So I'm def gonna try now.

Last edited by Haj; 08-13-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Loving this thread.

I have this hair type as well, though in my crown there are some looser straw-sized areas. It may not be rare, but I live in DC where there are a TON of naturals, and I've just never seen it. In fact, I regularly have other naturals approach me in wonder saying "Your curls are SO small and cute!"

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Originally Posted by joettedj
They don't think it's a hair style? Because even other naturals ask me where I got my hair done. And when I tell them it just grows out like this, there like. "Really? That's so cool I've never seen that before." lol I need to get some pics up. But I don't have any good close up pics since I learned the tightly curly method. Plus I have a very twa. Especially because of the amazing amount of shrinkage.
Originally Posted by Haj
I get that, mostly from guys. They ask me what kind of product I use to make it do that and I shrug and tell them it's leave-in conditioner. Then they rub their chins and go, "Yeah, I'mma try that."
******
Wiry, coily, brassy 4a hair with low porosity and a dislike of 'cones.

Last Relaxer - 8/08; Big Chop - 11/08

See pictures of my hair in my Flickr stream or visit my new Fotki!

Last edited by tiffanyp; 08-14-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: crazy formatting
Funny you should say that...a woman approached me yesterday and asked how I did my hair- if it was a "blow out" (huh?) or twists. I can actually see the twists, though- I think my hair from afar (or even near) looks like a mass of mini dreads. Plus I think getting good close ups of our hair is tough, since you need a camera with good detail cause the curls are so small!
Hair Type: Super tiny 4a spirals pen spring with a few pencil sized thrown in the crown; dense, spongy
Poo: Trader Joe's TTT, Chagrin Valley Babassu shampoo bar
Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish Spa
Leave-In: KBB Hair Milk, Giovanni Direct
Styler: KCCC (the holy grail )
Sealant: KBB Hair Butter
DC: Jessicurl WDT, Curls Tea Condish with olive oil
Loving this thread.

I have this hair type as well, though in my crown there are some looser straw-sized areas. It may not be rare, but I live in DC where there are a TON of naturals, and I've just never seen it. In fact, I regularly have other naturals approach me in wonder saying "Your curls are SO small and cute!"

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will.
Originally Posted by joettedj
Wait a minute...ahem...I thought I held the crown for the tighest, boingiest, smallest coils in DC. I say we have a picture showdown
Originally Posted by springyhead
Anytime, springyhead just glad to know there are others out there!
Hair Type: Super tiny 4a spirals pen spring with a few pencil sized thrown in the crown; dense, spongy
Poo: Trader Joe's TTT, Chagrin Valley Babassu shampoo bar
Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish Spa
Leave-In: KBB Hair Milk, Giovanni Direct
Styler: KCCC (the holy grail )
Sealant: KBB Hair Butter
DC: Jessicurl WDT, Curls Tea Condish with olive oil
Beautifulbrwnbaybdoll inspired my 30 pound weight loss the past 3 months! Thank god for her and many others!
4b
last perm 11/8
Bc'd 4-9-9
www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!
Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a fight that relaxed hair will win!
Beautifulbrwnbaybdoll inspired my 30 pound weight loss the past 3 months! Thank god for her and many others!
Originally Posted by ajiotal
congratulations on the weight loss!
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
So not PS curls but nice ones...found this while looking for PS curls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgY6IRw4-EQ&NR=1
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
Beautifulbrwnbaybdoll inspired my 30 pound weight loss the past 3 months! Thank god for her and many others!
Originally Posted by ajiotal
congratulations on the weight loss!
Originally Posted by Windflower
Way to go!
No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kimshi4242

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kimshi4242
Beautifulbrwnbaybdoll inspired my 30 pound weight loss the past 3 months! Thank god for her and many others!
Originally Posted by ajiotal
congrats
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
I am definitely spring curl girl and I've been growing my hair for three and a half years. My hair is so shrunken and curly it looks almost the same as it did 2 years ago just a little fuller with more hang. Sometimes I'm like "Is it even growing at all?" and then I stretch it and its almost past BSL!

Feel free to check out my fotki, but I am embarrassed about how long its been since I've updated it (its in my Profile).
3c/4a, thick cottony/silky little spiral curls. Loves moisture, hates cones...www.beijaflornaturals.com
I am definitely spring curl girl and I've been growing my hair for three and a half years. My hair is so shrunken and curly it looks almost the same as it did 2 years ago just a little fuller with more hang. Sometimes I'm like "Is it even growing at all?" and then I stretch it and its almost past BSL!

Feel free to check out my fotki, but I am embarrassed about how long its been since I've updated it (its in my Profile).
Originally Posted by mochalatta408
Wow mocha that's a lot of shrinkage


4b natural
So not PS curls but nice ones...found this while looking for PS curls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgY6IRw4-EQ&NR=1
Originally Posted by Phoenix
I'm subbed to that girl. I love her poems. And her hair. I know mine will never look like that. But trust I don't want it to. I just want it to be that big. It's amazing.
I am definitely spring curl girl and I've been growing my hair for three and a half years. My hair is so shrunken and curly it looks almost the same as it did 2 years ago just a little fuller with more hang. Sometimes I'm like "Is it even growing at all?" and then I stretch it and its almost past BSL!

Feel free to check out my fotki, but I am embarrassed about how long its been since I've updated it (its in my Profile).
Originally Posted by mochalatta408
Your fotki is awesome. Your hair looks so shiny and healthy. Who says highly textured hair can't shine? Somebody done lied to that person.
cool there is a name to the coils i have. ive got the pen spring thing going too especially when it gets wet. it almost feels like a bunch of knots but its just the coils tightly woven.

Thanks for the thread!!

Last edited by Jadedea Jade; 08-31-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com