Bee Mine product reviews

She has 2 new shampoo bars out and a Valentines Day sale that runs till the 14th! I bought the oil free serum and the new poo bars.
Originally Posted by Essence
Has anyone else noticed that all her shampoos have either sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide in it? Why would that be in a natural hair care product? These are the main ingredients in relaxers, right?
First Big Chop 5/27/09
2nd Big Chop 9/11/2009
Texture: 4a/4b
My Blog: www.naturallyfab.wordpress.com
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/cbussie
Originally Posted by Essence
Originally Posted by clbussie
Her shampoo bar is made with sodium hydroxide, as is all real soap. There's nothing "unnatural" about it. Sodium hydroxide (lye) is necesarry to "saponify" the oils...turn them into soap. Once saponification is complete, there is no actual "lye" in the soap.

Potassium hydroxide is used to make liquid soap, which is her shampoo. Same concept.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Last edited by NEA; 02-11-2010 at 07:13 AM.
I'll be reviewing these soon. I've already tried some and so far I love it.

My blogs: NewlyNatural.com [COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]
My fotki pw:hair
I really want to try the serum, winter has not been kind to my scalp at all. My scalp doesn't seem to absorb oil at all and I need an alternative. I've only read one review on it though...and wanna hold out until more folks co-sign on it.
I want the butter, but it has glycerin... I wonder if I can figure out how to use another product to alleviate my issues with it...off to Google.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Posts: n/a
Just so you know, her conditioner is an EW base to which she added avocado oil. FYI

What is an EW base?

Please someone explain, is this the same thing that Amourai Organique was doing as well?
4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Originally Posted by mikosbelle
EW=essential wholesale http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/066.htm

Bulk ingedients
[FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolized Wheat, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract[/FONT]

Beemine ingredients
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance[/FONT]
Thanks for posting that link. I have wanted to try that conditioner forever now, but I see I can re-create it myself and save some money.

Holy Grails
*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar

Originally Posted by lovestosamba
thaaaanks girl! now, does anyone know the difference btwn the hair and scalp moisturizer and the luscious one??

Originally Posted by lovestosamba
I've actually noticed a few companies that do this but I didn't want to say anything. I figured ppl would be upset and what the heck ain't hurting nobody if it's working for you. Kinda misleading though.
Last relaxer: 12/10/07
BC date: 5/2/08
It's your hair...do what you wanna do
Originally Posted by empressri
The luscious moisturizer is sorta like Afroveda butter. It's whipped and airy. The hair and scalp very liquidy. I didn't like it when I tried it because I thought it would be more of a lotion and the one I had I guess seperated or maybe that's how it came. Oil with tid bits of shea butter.

Originally Posted by mozeke
I was gonna buy it too, until i realized I could buy a gallon of the base and doctor it up myself. It would be different if she added some herbs and vitamins and BTMS to it! So I think I may buy the base and add BTMS to it. FYI you add BTMS to oil and heat it and then add it to your base. Here is a link to how to use BTMS http://www.thesoapdish.com/hair-conditioner-formula.htm

Originally Posted by mikosbelle
EW=essential wholesale http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/066.htm

Bulk ingedients
[FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolized Wheat, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract[/font]

Beemine ingredients
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance[/font]
Originally Posted by lovestosamba
Wow. If that is the case, she got over on me. She claimed to have customized my conditioner without the protein, but how could she had if the base already came pre-made. I'm kinda pissed. No wonder the deep conditioner didn't work for me because my hair is protein sensitive.

On the other hand, her curly butter is awesome, but I don't know if I would order again, now if she did lie about taking the protein out.

Last edited by periwrinkle; 02-12-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Originally Posted by mozeke
*cough* there are a LOT of companies doing that, and i found out by *drumroll* google!!! lol one of them i just found out has a base for darned near every conditioner, so if i want to try it so badly ill buy half gallons of the stuff for cheap and call it a day.

i mean, it's just like with everyone making up these whipped butters and emulsified butters. they all work the same, they all dang near have the same ingredients. the end. you didn't make anything terribly new or exclusive so don't try to sell wolf tickets.

Originally Posted by HennaRo

thank you soo much!

[/B]
And to think that I was actually considering buying her conditioner. This makes me suspicious of other products I have been using. Thats very misleading

Originally Posted by empressri
I have been looking forever on google trying to find something worth while-found a couple of prospects. What's the website you just found?

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22
it's more than one website. i'm not home which is where i have them bookmarked.

thesage.com was one of them....can't remember the others.

cocot....they didnt lie or mislead anyone on their site, honest. so don't be mislead, it's just a matter of looking at the ingredients. see when you buy so much hair stuff (like i do) you start to recognize when things are the same all of the time.

there are folks who do testing in labs and have their own recipes...and that stuff never looks the same as the other stuff.

okay look at it like this. buying cookies or cake from a bake sale. some go the easier route and use betty crocker from the box, or some make everything from scratch. you're still getting cookies or cake, they aren't lying! lol

[/B]
has anyone tried the growth serum?

does it actually help in making your hair grow?
head full of wild crazy kinks and curls
"Make your choice adventurous stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen
I don't think she is misleading anyone. It's a conditioner, and she is selling it under her label which isn't lying, wrong or misleading. No one said all natural products have to be hand made or created by the owner of the company. I do think her products are worth the try though.

The conditioner didn't work for me because of the protein, made my hair hard but everything else is lovely!

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!