Bee Mine product reviews

I placed an order of the hair milk, curlybutter, the moisturizer, and the spritz. I got my package yesterday. I was expecting the curlybutter to be more of a butter not creamy. I contacted her about that, but I just wanted to know if anyone could let me know if the curlybutter is more of a butter (like sheabutter) or creamy like pudding. Other than that I cant wait to see how my hair likes the products. I'll try them on my next wash day and let you know how it turns out

$5 off 1st order at iherb.com using code LID378
I have not tried the Curly Butter, but all of the butters I have are pretty creamy unless they are a raw butter (like shea). They usually add oils to the butter and/or whip them to make them creamier and easier to distribute. hth!
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
The curly butter is a creamy pudding type product. What you got is exactly how it should be. It is a pudding type products that helps define curls, set twists & braids. It's awesome!

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!

I don't think she is misleading anyone. It's a conditioner, and she is selling it under her label which isn't lying, wrong or misleading. No one said all natural products have to be hand made or created by the owner of the company. I do think her products are worth the try though.

The conditioner didn't work for me because of the protein, made my hair hard but everything else is lovely!
Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls
+100

Right. Sometimes I wonder about folks...they'll just slam you, and think nothing of it.

If I buy a base, and add something to it, I've "customized" it. That's not lying. Now, if I say I made it from "scratch", then that's another thing. But she doesn't claim that on her site, does she?

There are all kinds of "bases" available that make it easier to make large quantities of products, in a shorter amount of time. There's nothing wrong with that.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
I've gotta say I LUV her luscious locks hair moisturizer. It smells and works wonderfully! I am surprised that I don't hear much about it.
yup, lots of places use bases to private label.

i know afroveda used to specifically state on her site... not made from a base that i bought (or something to that affect).
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
Originally Posted by ellepixie
Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls
Thanks ladies for letting me know more about the product and what the texture is really like. Like I stated eariler I emailed Tracy and she was so nice to let me know that the product is suppose to be creamy and if I had any more questions just to let her know. Great customer service I really appreciate that

$5 off 1st order at iherb.com using code LID378
I placed my very first order Saturday past, I purchased all the sample size products and the rhassoul clay poo bar...I really like that when you sign up they give a discount code for appreciation. It's Monday and I ALREADY have my shipping tracking # ...AWESOME!!! I hope I can add on to the raving of these products...;o)
*Cleanse: BoBeam
*Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH & Honey I'm Strong
*Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub)/ORS Hair Mayo, CRN Algae Hair Mask
*Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
*Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter
*Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
* LCSO Method
Originally Posted by MrsComboCurlz
Yes! They are SUPER quick with the shipping!
Fotki

I am really lovin the Bee Mine products my hair is so moisturized, soft and my curls are just popping. I did my twists and twistout over the weekend. I can say that I would reorder all of these products Im glad I got the full sizes. Also I love the customer service and how fast the shipping comes. Thanks so much Tracy Q!!! Your products are Awesome

$5 off 1st order at iherb.com using code LID378
Hmm...I twisted my hair with the Curly Butter and have been using the cream moisturizer throughout the week. Well, the curly butter provided no moisture at all for my hair and the moisturizer didn't see to do much either.
First Big Chop 5/27/09
Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
Cowash Conditioner:
Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
The shampoo and Avocado condish were not good. I used them on my daughter and me, but the shampoo stripped our hair and the conditioner provided almost no moisture at all.

I really, really want to like the Deja's Hair Milk, Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, and the Hair and Scalp moisturizer. They smell so good! My hair feels moisturized right after using it, but as soon as it dries it's dry, hard, and dull. Overall, I think that my hair is in good condition so I guess the products just don't provide enough moisture for my twa. They work a little better on my daughters, but I won't repurchase.
IMO BeeMine is a product for people who want light moisture for weightless protective styles. Its not as hydrating as QB or AV but again if you like lightweight formula it could be right up your alley for summer with this heat. The definition it gives is pretty solid.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
Originally Posted by Naturalista
I agree with you. BeeMine is lightweight, hence why it did not work for me. My hair is "different". It does not like the lightweight, yet it can't absorb heavy products. It needs something in-between. I guess that's why I'm still on the hunt for my HG products hehehehehe.
Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
BC: 14th August, 2009
Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

Originally Posted by Naturalista

ITA!! It would probably work best for those who have fine hair or those who are relaxed.
I am so glad I decided to check this site before ordering. Lightweight products do absolutely nothing for my hair so you guys saved me a couple of $$$. I guess my search for a product that provides moisture that will last all day continues.
Originally Posted by noir
Not to guano this thread or anything, but have you considered Qhemet Biologics or Mozeke? Check out their sites when you have time.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
Originally Posted by Naturalista
I've tried QB and I fell in love with the CTDG but it doesn't provide lasting moisture. The BRBC left my hair feeling producty but that may have been because I was a bit heavy handed with it. I've never heard of Mozeke though so I'm definitely gonna check out their site. My hair is coarse and has a low porosity so I've yet to find a leave in or moisturizer that actually does exactly what it says and lasts more then 20 mins. I was looking forward to trying the Bee Mine products but I guess the smart thing to do would be to skip it.

Last edited by noir; 07-03-2010 at 12:50 PM.