Bee Mine product reviews

Not to guano this thread or anything, but have you considered Qhemet Biologics or Mozeke? Check out their sites when you have time.
Originally Posted by Naturalista
I've tried QB and I fell in love with the CTDG but it doesn't provide lasting moisture. The BRBC left my hair feeling producty but that may have been because I was a bit heavy handed with it. I've never heard of Mozeke though so I'm definitely gonna check out their site. My hair is coarse and has a low porosity so I've yet to find a leave in or moisturizer that actually does exactly what it says and lasts more then 20 mins. I was looking forward to trying the Bee Mine products but I guess the smart thing to do would be to skip it.
Originally Posted by noir
I'm coarse and low porosity as well. The whole issue is that our shafts are closed down so it difficult for moisture to get into our hair so that when we moisturize (seal) with things like QB, etc there's really no moisture for these products to lock in. The solution is revising your conditioner regimen, particularly your leave-in's to give you enough hydration so that when you do moisturize it can do its job which is to prevent moisture loss via evaporation.

Facebook|Twitter
Interesting. My daughters hair typically likes heavier products but the BM products work great on her hair. I haven't tried them yet on her hair when it's down and out though...only on styles. I say if you really want to try it go for the sample. I'm not sure how much the moisturizer same is, maybe $5? Then again you would have to pay shipping as well. Hmm.

Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:

Originally Posted by NikG20
Well, if you wanted to try anything. You won't do better than 20% off, that's for sure. Reviews are one thing, but everyone's hair is different. It could be liquid gold as far as you're concerned.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Yes I've been trying to figure out a way to make the moisture I get when my hair is wet, actually last long enough for me to seal it in but it's not working out so well since I'm new to being natural and only things I know are the basics. My hair always ends up feeling nice for a couple of hours then it just reverts back to the way it was.

Originally Posted by NikG20
I was reading your blog and saw how gorgeous her hair looked with the Bee Mine products and that's what gave me such high hopes. And when I saw that they were having a sale I practically flew to the site but decided to check here first. My inner PJ is still debating on whether or not I should give it a try.

Originally Posted by noir
I say do it because sales are few and far between and this is really the time to try stuff when you don't have to pay full price.

I've found that in terms of moisture, my hair thrives on more natural products. Shescenti and Curl Junkie (mostly natural) in particular have really brought my hair into balance and I don't have moisture issues anymore.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Yeah that's why I really wanted to try it. I guess I will instead of constantly wondering. Shescentit, Curl Junkie, Afroveda and Hairveda products are definitely on my list to try out also.
Naturalista, how are the Shescentit products? I've been having moisture issues recently, and I thought that KBN would help but it hasn't brought a significant change. How has Shescentit helped you?
Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
BC: 14th August, 2009
Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

Out of all the conditioners from this line the one that works the best for my coarse,low porosity, super thick hair was the daily moisturizing conditioner. It detangles my hair just as good as my yes to carrots and I am also able to use it as a leave-in.
The deep condtioner reminds of the avocado conditoner no slip at all. It just didn't work out for me I was very dissapointed.

The cream moisturizer and the curly butter were great the first day but the next day my hair was dry. If you are looking for hold but without moisture you will like the curly butter but it just didn't work out for me. The hair milk left my hair dry. Overall the only product I like is the daily conditioner. I will give a review for the no sulfur serum once I use it. HTH
ebonyrose31626 likes this.
So I finally tried out my Bee Mine products and here's what I thought...

Moisturizing Daily Conditioner: This stuff is amazing! It smells so good and the slip with this conditioner is phenomenal. My only gripe about this conditioner is the price. I think my Bed Head Moisture Maniac works just as well. It cost less and I can just walk to the store and buy it instead of having to pay for shipping. If you don't mind paying the price you should definitely get it.

Deja Hair Milk: Not for me. Tried it on wet and dry hair alone and it left my hair hard and dry. Tried mixing it with a bit of aloe juice and still got the same results. I would not recommend this.

Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer: Alone this left my hair dry and hard. I mixed it with aloe juice and sealed it with QB's Olive & Honey hydrating balm and it left my hair felt really soft and nice. The next day when I took my twist out my hair still felt soft. This is definitely a keeper.

Moisturizing Daily Spritz: Left my hair really hard. Definitely not for me.

I also got the Strawberry Kiwi Hair Growth Serum but it's obviously too soon to notice any results but I'll post them in a month if I remember.
I recently purchased sample sizes of the Bee Hold Curly Hair Butter and the Bee Mine Sulfur Free Hair Serum. My hair seems to not have responded well to the combination of oils in the Hair Serum; it left my new growth somewhat hard. My hair seems to respond well to oils used alone, rather than as a blend.

As for the Curly Hair Butter, I don't need to seal with oil when I use this product; it already contains oil. I made the mistake recently of using it followed by coconut oil on my ends, and although the combination made my hair very shiny and soft, but rather greasy and weighted-down. I'm still trying to ascertain if my hair likes glycerin, aloe vera and shea butter, which the Curly Hair Butter contains. So, I am going to try it again to gauge the results. BTW: The Curly Hair Butter won't leave the hair soft, as it is a sealant, and not a water-based product. The first ingredient is unrefined shea butter, and not water. So, naturally, it won't be moisturizing. One would need to use a water-based product prior to using the Curly Hair Butter.
Your hair is your most important accessory.
______________________________________
The Big Chop performed on 1/15/2011!!!

Last edited by teachermrw; 08-16-2010 at 09:02 AM.
is the curly butter supposed to act the same way as a gel type "defining" product? i used some over a leave-in conditioner. i live the way it smelled and felt. i felt like i didn't us to much. my hair dried without any white residue but when i untwisted and fluffed i had white stuff in my hair. i wonder if i used too much or if it was the leave in or what. for those you that use it can you use it alone or should it be paired with a leave in? trying to avoid the white stuff. i have to redo my hair to get that out.
Originally Posted by luvmylocs
From my experience the Curly Vutter doesn't work with with some leave in conditioners. When I used it with the Darcy's Botanicals Leave In I got little white blobs all in my hair and the same with the KC Knot Today so it doesn't play well with other products. I used to just use it with the BM Deja's Hair Milk as a leave in to stop that from happening.

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!

Originally Posted by luvmylocs
Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls
thanks for this info! i will see how it works with my afro detangler. do you ever us use it alone or do you feel it needs something else for moisture?
i'm more relaxed being natural
I have used it alone before. Most of the time it is in the summer because I can get away with it but in the winter my hair needs a little more moisture.

Check Out my YouTube Channel:

Hair Type: 4a

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
Don't like it, just keep walkin!!

Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls
thank you! i'll keep experimenting! i think i may have used too much per twist. how much do you use per twist?
i'm more relaxed being natural
CoilsKinksCurls do you use any gels like ecostyler? do you think this product acts like a gel would to define curls? i feel like i'm getting close to finding a good regimine but still trying to tweak it. i feel gels aren't the best for me so i like this as a substitute but i did have nice hair on day one with the ecostyler.
i'm more relaxed being natural
I tried the sample of the deep conditioner and hair milk. I loved them both. But I can't keep them in my stash as staples because the products are just too expensive + shipping. I'm sure I can find something that does the same for less.
Hair Type: Mine!
BC @ 23 weeks on 7/22/2010
I want the growth serum...I heard it was just like MTG, but without the stankiness. MTG smells like old dirty grill racks...
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
thanks everyone. I've decided against trying her stuff because her shipping is too much. I get really pissed off when you can send priority mail flat rate for 4.95 and you charge 11.95! That's BS. I'm going to start complaining to companies about their high shipping rates. Maybe if we all start voicing our displeasure, they will get the message and lower their rates.
Originally Posted by lovestosamba
i know this is a really old thread...you can ask her to send it a cheaper way. the 4.95...now 5.95 flat rate boxes are small 3x7 rectangle aprox). also, if your item(s)can fit in a flat rate box, she will refund you the difference. her customer service is awesome.
Type 4a/b natural since Feb 2007