-   4 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/)
-   -   Bee Mine product reviews (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/93959-bee-mine-product-reviews.html)

lovestosamba 12-27-2009 06:38 PM

Bee Mine product reviews

I know that there is a thread here somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Has anyone tried the shampoo? conditioner? hair milk? hair moisturizer?

Thinking about getting samples and the oil free growth serum.

lashon20 12-27-2009 06:54 PM

I wanna know also especially about the curly butter.

dariequeen 12-27-2009 07:09 PM

I've never tried those products, but I read a review a few days ago on the shampoo, conditioner and curly butter...
Here's the link if you wanna check it out:

lovestosamba 12-27-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by dariequeen (Post 1207418)
Here's the link if you wanna check it out:

thanks for the link!

CoilsKinksCurls 12-27-2009 08:06 PM

I have a couple vids up on the Bee Mine products. I love everything accept the conditioner. It has to much protein in it for my hair and my hair hates avocado so that conditioner is a no go but the milk, curly butter and moisturizer are awesome.

Tmochava 12-27-2009 08:20 PM

I bought the moisturizer, curly butter, and the moisturizing spritz. I haven't tried the curly butter yet but I like the moisturizer and the moisturizing spritz. The only drawback to the spritz is the smell, it doesn't smell the greatest.

lovestosamba 12-28-2009 08:44 AM

thanks everyone. I've decided against trying her stuff because her shipping is too much. I get really pissed off when you can send priority mail flat rate for 4.95 and you charge 11.95! That's BS. I'm going to start complaining to companies about their high shipping rates. Maybe if we all start voicing our displeasure, they will get the message and lower their rates.

lashon20 12-28-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by lovestosamba (Post 1207761)

I agree with this, they jack up the shipping prices so they can make extra money. I especailly notice this with companies that sell their products at a cheaper price. Like with Afroveda, my stuff could've been sent in a flat rate box for $10.95 but instead I get charged almost $16 for shipping.

MixedUpCurlyChick 12-29-2009 03:27 AM

Dammit another ntaural line to try!!! Good thing they're not on the ground! I agree LTS- high shipping in unacceptable. I will turn a product down b/c of that BS. There was a time when I really wanted to try Komaza but the shipping was too high. After I researched the ingredients, I decided against them anyway. But that really bothered me.

lovestosamba 12-29-2009 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by MixedUpCurlyChick (Post 1208660)

How did u originally find out about Bee Mine?

youtube video reviews. And I am now allergic to Afroveda shikakai oil so I was looking for a non-oil hair growth serum. I may still try that but not her other stuff. Besides I realized that her conditioner does not have my favorite ingredient, BMTS. without that my hair does not detangle.

Zinnia 12-29-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by lovestosamba (Post 1207761)

Do you mean the small flat rate box? That box is tiny! Most hair products won't fit in that box, but she could use the medium flat rate box.

MixedUpCurlyChick 12-30-2009 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by lovestosamba (Post 1208689)

Originally Posted by MixedUpCurlyChick (Post 1208660)

How did u originally find out about Bee Mine?

Oh ok...interesting. I had great results with Darcy's detangling milk and it has BTMS.

CoilsKinksCurls 12-30-2009 06:57 PM

The medium flat rate starts around $11-$12 so she would still be paying around the same amount for her shipping. You could contact her and ask if she could ship by Parcel instead of priority. It will save you some money on shipping but take a little longer.

lovestosamba 12-31-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls (Post 1210290)

How is her oil free serum working for you? Does your head stil itch when you use it? That concerns me. Did you try the spritz yet?

EllyEllyOxenFree 12-31-2009 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls (Post 1210290)

Yea, I felt the same way about shipping rates; I thought they were all way too high and I was getting ripped off. However, my mom ships me stuff a lot, and every time she does I have to hear about how Priority Mail rates for boxes now start at like, $9-10. If you live further away from the shipper it's also going to be more, and most of my products end up being shipped across the country.

HennaRo 12-31-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ellepixie (Post 1210607)

Originally Posted by CoilsKinksCurls (Post 1210290)

Well the owner lives in the county next to me and every order that I have done(5 now) has cost me 5.50-6.50 depending on how much I buy. Qhemet lives in the same county and if I wanted that shipped it was the same price.

But either way maybe ask if there's other options.....she's obviously willing to do what she can for her customers.

lovestosamba 12-31-2009 12:38 PM

I went ahead and ordered the oil free serum. the shipping was 4.95 plus I used the discount code. so all in all a good deal. I'll give a review when I use it.

Alexjoujou 12-31-2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by lovestosamba (Post 1210863)

Where the oil free serum on the website?

I agree about shipping. I have $38 in my shopping cart at Komaza. By the time they add tax (I'm in CA) and shipping it was going to be $54. Umm. No. 50% of my product price in shipping and tax? It was like $12 for shipping...you can ship priority to me for $6 tops (no flat rate needed). Instate rates are cheap. I just shipped 3 lbs to someone by L.A. and it was $5.81 total. So that $12? YES if it's going cross country in a flat rate..otherwise if you use paypal shipping its cheaper. If you go to the post office its way expensive.

CoilsKinksCurls 01-01-2010 07:36 PM

It itches for like the first 5 minutes then it stops. Remmber that I have a scalp condiiton so that could very well just be how my scalp is reacting ot it. I like the serum though!

Originally Posted by lovestosamba (Post 1210547)

Essence 02-10-2010 11:25 PM

New Products!

She has 2 new shampoo bars out and a Valentines Day sale that runs till the 14th! I bought the oil free serum and the new poo bars. :D