Here's my cheesecake recipe....but be warned....the more people you let taste of this, the more cheesecakes you'll be making! Every person who has tasted this cheesecake says it's the best they've ever had. My husband usually orders cheesecake for dessert when we go out to a restaurant, but he only eats half of it and complains that it's not as good as mine!

This is not the cheapest or fastest way to make cheesecake, but it is so worth the effort!

Cheesecake

1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
1/3 cup margarine, melted
3 packages (8 oz. size) cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Combine crumbs, margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press on bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. With a handheld blender on high speed, mix cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in sour cream. Spread in pan. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or till center of cheesecake is set. Turn off oven. Open oven door slightly and leave cheesecake in oven for additional hour. Remove from oven. Let cheesecake cool completely on counter and then transfer to refrigerator. After cheesecake is completely chilled, remove sides of pan.

Make sure to follow the directions completely because if a cheesecake is cooled too quickly it will crack. It also continues cooking a little while the oven is turned off. My cheesecakes end up with a small crack about half the time anyway. You can put topping on it, but it is so rich you really don't need any. If I'm making it at Christmas or another family get-together, I usually buy a can of cherry pie filling and a can of blueberry pie filling. Instead of putting it on the cheesecake, I put it in a bowl so that people can add filling if they want to. My springform pan is non-stick and is the 10-inch size. I have the baking time down to a science! 63 minutes. Of course all ovens are different, so you may have to experiment with the time. Also, the center of my cheesecake is a little "jiggly" but beginning to turn light brown in spots when I turn off the oven. By the time it comes out of the oven, it's firm.

Let me know how you like it!

[This message has been edited by Peppy (edited March 28, 2001).]