Before my question, here is the skinny on my hair history: When I was a very little girl, I had perfect banana curls. Then from ages 6 to 12 I had straight shiny, thick hair. Then I hit puberty, and POOF--I didn't know how to deal with curls, so I ended up with the triangle head. Then, after a couple of years of hair misery, I read Curly Girl, and totally changed my approach. For the past 8 years, I have LOVED my curly 3a/3b hair. I had perfect ringlets, it almost always did what I wanted it to, and sometimes people would even stop me on the street to tell me hoe nice it was.

Now the problem.

About 6 months ago, it changed. It is now sort of straight, sort of curly in places, very frizzy, doesn't have any shape--in short it IS HORRIBLE. Even though I lovvved my curls, I think I could deal if it was just plain straight, but it's not even that. It is just in this weird "can't make up it's mind" stage. I know that hair is supposed to have different sizes curls--but this is different. I just can't figure out what the problem is.

I have already read a lot of good curly advice and literature, so I wasn't really doing anything bad to begin with, but nevertheless, here is what I have tried:

Changing products
Getting a really good cut
Going to a no-poo shampoo (I only shampooed once a week before)
Letting it completely air dry (I used a diffuser before)

The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I have added a medication for my Epilepsy that is called Neurontin. The hair change happened at the same time as the medicine, but it isn't supposed to be a side effect. I am also on the pill--maybe that could do something.

I DON'T KNOW! If anyone has any advice, PLEASE HELP ME!