Prior to my getting pregnant 9 months ago, 3 year old DD and I got along great. I was probably her "favorite" parent (although she was crazy about her father, too) and we had a lot of fun together. But I was sick, tired and miserable during most of my pregnancy, and I really couldn't do much with her. I felt guilty about it but I figured she'd get over it as soon as the baby was born...

But she hasn't. Now she doesn't listen at all, and she tells me she doesn't like me, she doesn't love me, she likes daddy better than she likes me, that we're not friends, that she doesn't have to listen to me, etc. I'd love to be able to try to "win her back" by taking her places now and doing stuff with her but I'm still in a lot of pain (will need to start physical therapy soon), and the new baby demands a lot of my time and can't go out much yet.

Even though I'm home on maternity leave, I still send her to daycare parttime because she loves it and I don't want to disrupt her whole routine. But she's really acting up there, too. So I've had to become the "mean disciplinarian"...which isn't winning me any favors, either.

DD doesn't seem typically jealous of the baby. But she sure does seem mad at me.

Anyone experience this? What did you do/would you do?
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Last edited by spiderlashes5000; 01-07-2008 at 09:55 AM.