I have two questions. When you started the vaccinations after the age of two did your daughter only have to get one shot for each vaccination instead of a series? My sister told me that this was the case becaus of all the immunities little one's have...they have to do a series of shots for it too take. After 18 months....one shot will do it. Just curious if the same occurred for your daughter.

Second. Can you get the MMR shot broken out? I didn't know you could do this. I would love to do this for DS.

When you late vax (I late vax'd my 2 younger kids), the doc follows a schedule laid out by the CDC. It depends on how old they are and what they've already had. The schedule gets updated regularly, so it might be different now than when my kids were little, but if you miss the shots at 2, 4, and 6 months, and don't do them til the kid is 2 years old, they only need 1 or 2 doses of those vaxes, rather than 5. Because they have these schedules, it's not rocket science for the ped to figure out what vaxes the child needs to comply for public school.

Yes, you can have the MMR shot broken out to separate componants. The ped will probably have to special order them though, as they probably don't get enough demand to keep it in stock in their office, so giving them advance notice that you plan to do that is a good idea.