View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #187
2poodles

Hopetocurl - I'd love to know which yoga moves help you the most. I have lots of yoga books, so if you just know the names (either common or sanskrit), I can look them up. I know I really need to open up my right hip, especially. I find the double pigeon to be virtually impossible and the single pigeon is quite challenging as well. TIA!

wild~hair - Scoliosis is a nuisance - it upsets the balance that I'm trying to find, quite literally! My spine doctor is mildly supportive of my running - probably 'cause it's more jogging! Plus I'm not planning on doing any marathons and will be quite happy to "run" 30 - 40 minutes 3 -4 times a week. He suggests sticking to the TM and grass/dirt paths as much as possible. I have a lift for my right shoe which helps to level me off a bit. The TM is much, much gentler, but also much,much less interesting.
Stick w/it - you're doing great!

Did 3 hours of gardening today - cleaning out beds, cutting back perennials left up for winter interest, raking old leaf mulch, pushing wheelbarrel. Gardening is probably the worst thing for my spine, but I REFUSE to give it up - it "feeds my soul"! I find if I do it in small chunks, say 3 hours at a time, I'm okay.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

2poodles is offline   Reply With Quote