View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #194
hopetocurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild~hair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2poodles View Post
Hopetocurl - thanks so much for the suggested yoga poses. I like your concept of "committing" to some poses on a regular basis. I think I'll borrow your idea!
It really is practice, practice, practice with yoga. Doing a few poses every other day isn't a huge time commitment, though, which is nice.

ETA: I managed to get about an hour of yoga in tonight, despite some pretty heavy duty emotional upheaval from an unexpected visitor. Backbends = tears. I've heard this before, tonight I got to experience it firsthand.

The upside: it's crazily cathartic and I feel calm and at peace now. I need to remember this when things get to be too much and I feel like bailing on yoga, which is my Achilles heel as far as motivation goes these days.
My yogini always calls them "heart-openers." I have only had the tears once...it really caught be my surprise.

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
hopetocurl is offline   Reply With Quote