Just got back from a retreat with my youth group (lotsa fun, but a different story). My friends kidnapped me and decided that they were going to give me a make-over. They straightened my hair (I'll admit, it looked cute! But I love my curls much more) and did my make-up (also kind of cute, but too much). It started off with the girls when they were done. They all said "oooh, who's this hottie here!?" Then, we went downstairs to line up for dinner and my youth pastor jokingly pulled me aside. He said "sarah... what did you to your hair?" I explained the situation and he replied "well, you do know that guys will be following you around now, don't you?" Now, that sort of annoyed me, but I shook it off. I knew that he was joking, so I didn't pay much attention.

Throughout the night, I had girls coming up to me and saying basically the same thing. Then, later that night, my sister and a friend walked past and said "woah, who's the new girl? What a hottie with straight hair!" That really annoyed me. Everyone said things similar that night, like "hey, sarah, I didn't recognize you without all your hair!"

I know that they were trying to compliment me, but the way that they were doing it didn't help me much.

Plus, everyone really refered to me that night as "jess's little sister" because we apparently looked a lot more alike than before. Or something like that. I feel like I wasted my time trying to seperate myself from my sister's image!

There we go, I'm done.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey