I've had mixed comments all my life too. Fortunately, my family has always loved my curls. It was me who hated them. I always envied the girls who had the straight hair. They could get it cut in so many different cute styles. It seemed that I had the choice of two. Long with all one length strands or Long with layers. If I go short, I literally have a fro.

I get comments from some people at my church who have said, "Guys like women with straight hair because they can play with it more." "You look so much better with staight hair." I've even had a girl at my job tell me that my curly hair is the reason I can't seem to get a man. (Yes, It has been 3 years since I have been asked out by a man, not a boy.) She says it makes me look like a child which is why no one is willing to date me.

Ok, I'm 31 years old. Uh, if I look a little younger, I'm all for it! I have others in my church who say I look 25. Thank you! If the curls are what helps that, so be it. I am learning to like my curls. I think part of it is, I need the right hair cut. I am to get Curl Keeper here soon. So, hopefully, that will help me as well. We'll see if I start to LOVE my curls. Be blessed!
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you.