View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #31
medussa

Quote:
Originally Posted by curltopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by medussa

Curltopia--I used equal parts Devacurl AnGell and Suave Anti-Frizz Aloe Vera gel. I threw in FOTE Aloe Vera gel for good measure, but not as much (it seems to hold without making my hair crunchy). So, I took a bit of KKCC, rubbed it my hands and raked it through (I usually never rake). Then I took my gel mixture (I put it in a bottle with a pump) and raked/scrunched it through. I scrunched a lot more than usual because the KKCC seems to relax my curl at the top. Then I took those metal clips and put it around my canopy. It just seems that no matter how much I gel up there, there's fuzz. So, the clips seemed to help a lot.

The great part is that I still have nice second day hair. The gel does it for me.
Medussa-

Your gel mixture is fabulous! I tried it this morning after conditioner washing, rinsing half of the conditioner out and applying a little Jessicurl Aloeba (quarter size amount). I mixed half Angell and half 94% Aloe Jelly I had lying around - about 3 TBSP altogether. Finished with a few drops of jojoba oil. My hair is dry now and is full and soft with big curls I'll post pictures in the summer with different product combinations. Until then, I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks for the great tip! I hope that it works for other curlies too.
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.
medussa is offline   Reply With Quote