I have been literally on over 30 interviews over the past 2 years, and not ONE offer! I have all the skills and the background for the positions I interview for, do well on the testing, and yet -- nothing. Most of the HR people I meet like me, and others, well, you can tell by the look on their face when they meet me that it's going to be a "no go" because of my age (I'm 54).

I asked a recruiter at one of the employment agencies I'm associated with and asked her to give me honest feedback on why I'm having so much trouble finding a job. If she believes its the age, I told her to let me know but if it's not, I don't want to use that as an excuse. Mind you, I don't look my age at all, but how much younger CAN you look at 54?

She told me she's never had any negative feedback on me whatsoever.

As good as that is to hear, that brings me back to square one. Of course, if it's my age that's deterring HR people (or even if I make it to the next round) they're not going to say "she's too old.") My head is in a good place in general (it does get to me sometimes, though, of course) but I really need to get out of the job I'm presently in.

So, that's my story. Thanks for letting me vent.