Or it could be that people vote Republican for many vast and differing reasons. Anyone I know who votes/has voted Republican has done so for economic reasons, not morals. However, not for being anti-welfare or something, but for the overall theories of how to spend money.

Also, this is the first time since Bill Clinton I felt the Democrats were actually nominating a candidate because they liked the candidate rather than because they wanted to beat a Republican. I think if the Democratic party spent more time working on building a strong foundation and reason to vote FOR them, instead of worrying about the Republicans so much, they'd do a whole lot better in elections.

The Democrats in my area have actually done a fantastic job lately. They realize that if a Republican has a good, sound policy they don't have to pick a different/not as good one simply to be different. And so they try to choose good policies based on what they believe in. I'm much more likely to vote for someone who is going to spend money to actually HELP people, as the proposals from more and more Democrats seem to emphasize, then if the money is just going to be thrown away without benefiting anyone, as the platforms I read in the past seemed to indicate.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!