View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
BB

Quote:
It IS about what NetG said, the way I think money should be spent, the way I think things should work, etc. I believe in a free market, capitalism, and in being rewarded for working hard, doing something well, and being able to move up in life and make something of yourself. I think the liberals have a lot of good ideas about how things should be and what they want, but I don't think they are always realistic and I don't like more taxes and more government involvement.

I think conservatives get a bad rap because people see them vote against things like minimum wage increases, universal healthcare, more benefits for the poor, and those people assume that the conservatives just don't care about people or that they are all rich. But it isn't that simple.
Here is the problem:
If you are wealthy, you are allowed to be average. Poor people have to be superman/woman and we won't expect anything less than them.

As for minumum wage jobs, we need people to sweep the streets, pick our fruit, bag our groceries, etc. I venture to say these people have more of an impact on your day to day life than some guy crunching numbers for some corporation. If someone is working, they should be able to support themself.

-Mohandas Gandhi
BB is offline   Reply With Quote