BB - I thought the article you posted was by someone who groups Republican supporters as a "them" and so is unable to see that they can have perfectly reasonable thoughts behind why they feel how they do. Calling liberals immature does the exact same. I didn't think *you* were saying Republicans are dumb or whatever, though.

The biggest mistake Barack Obama has made in my mind, as far as giving me warning signs about his capabilities as President, is his discussion of the rural folks Palin is courting.

Inner city kids and poor rural kids have many of the same fears, the poverty and lack of hope to leave their situation. Inner city kids have more fear of violence, obviously - but the overall life situations are actually not all that different a lot of the time. Separating and dividing into an "us" and "them" to me goes against both the Christian beliefs of loving all G-d's children, and the liberal beliefs of helping those who need help most. Yet both sides do this dividing and finger pointing.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!