Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #25
curlyzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuZenGuide View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuZenGuide View Post

I don't know where your gyn gets the idea that when you're done with menopause you will stop having hot flashes. For me it was 10 years before the hot flashes stopped.

OMG SuZen! 10 years--that is truly depressing!

Yup, not kidding!

I never had a hot flash until the moment my period stopped dead (I was 46). HRT took care of the flashes for a couple of years, but then I went back off after the reports came out of the bad effects. Since then I've just had to suffer. They got less frequent after about 6 years. This year (the 10th) I am pretty much flash free.
My gyn told me the same thing -- that 10 years isn't that unusual. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1999. I still take natural estrogen troches sublingually but when I run out, the heat is back. In the last year the flashes have turned to flushes so there's hope.
About 6 or 7 months ago I woke up, looked in the mirror and there was an entire other body attached to the front of mine and this one was full of cellulite. I didn't stop exercising -- just got old, I think. So between that and the word retrieval problem that comes with a loss of estrogen, aging pretty much sucks, you know?
curlyzan is offline   Reply With Quote