My list:
skipped period(69 days and counting since my last)
weight gain(no,I am not pregnant)
heart palpitations
fatique
dry,itchy skin
HOT at night-not sweating,though
hot flashes

let me see,have I missed any...?

eta-yeah,I missed another one-facial hair!(thank God it is uber-light!
Originally Posted by Mar
I thought I was in perimenopause (in my thirties), as I had some similar symptoms. My ob at the time wasn't helpful, nor was my family physician (one insisted I was too young for it, the other claimed everything was "in normal range.") Even though I felt minimized and dismissed by them, they did me a favor--they forced me to find answers myself.

Turns out I had several hormonal imbalances, which were derived from underlying endocrine issues (adrenal and thyroid).
Left untreated one imbalance could have proved life threatening.

Had I not done research on my own, I never would have found out why I felt so awful, I would have continued to be reliant on a system that wasn't helping me, and I wouldn't have found the doctor I'm working with now (who rocks!)

I started with the Ann Louise Gittleman book (a nutritionist), Before the Change--Taking charge of perimenopause.

I found and read articles on the powersurge website. Eventually I found books by Richard Shames MD, Thyroid Power and Feeling Fat, Fuzzy and Frazzled. Also Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson N.D., D.C., Phd.

Hope this is helpful.
best,
blyss
Originally Posted by blyss_curls
Also, Suzanne Somers' book, Ageless saved my life. Breakthrough is her latest. I'm 50 and I've been on Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for 2 years.

I lost the weight, sleep 8 hours a night and no more night sweats. I won't even go into the moods things I was going through before. I thought I was losing my mind. Ladies, perimenopause can start in our early to mid-30s. I don't take any pharmaceuticals or OTCs either so what I put into my body is very important to me.

There are doctors out there who will help. You just have to find them. A good website to search for one is www.acam.org.

You don't have to suffer through perimenopause and be sick. The Ann Louise Gittleman books are excellent as well. Her Detox books helped me get started by giving me a great (and reasonable) way to detox my body before starting on this whole journey.

Sorry this was so long. This topic has become my passion...Good luck to you.
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Picasa:
Link
Deva Low Poo
Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi