Finally, and most important, an Obama administration may be really the best thing that could happen for the Libertarian Party, I think we'll win over a lot of new people when they realize what uber-government intrusion in our lives is really like.
Originally Posted by Ella
Are you kidding, with the BUSH listen to our phone calls and read our emails under the guise of checking for terrorist. Are you really serious?
Originally Posted by Ms Kitty
Awww, don't I get any points for looking on the bright side? Believe me, the Bush administration has lured a lot of people I know to the libertarian point of view, credit where credit is due, I just think an Obama admisistration will be even better at it! And like I said, it's not the "Big Brother is Watching You" scenario that undermines freedom, its the tiny subtle ways government slithers into our lives through seemingly benign regulation. I really do hope Obama will have the most open government ever and we'll get to finally see all the files on Area 51!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. Mark Twain