My daughter is 13 and has red curly hair. It has always been so beautiful. She hates it! She always pulls it up. I have been coming to this site for 5 years now getting adivce and it works. But, she insists on pulling it up which I know damages the hair. Well, here lately her hair is falling out. I know it is natural for hair to fall out. But, she doesn't understand that. Her hair is thining and getting more and more frizzy. So, I made her an appointment to get the curl maybe loosend up a bit. Because she does have tight curls but, it is getting frizzy. Well, our beutican loves her hair, so it will be interesting if the beautican will talk her out of it. Which, maybe she shouldn't, but I am anxious to see how she will feel about it. This beutican has done an excellent job cutting and showing her how to style and what to do. Everything she says I have read on here also. It took us along time to find a good beutican. It seems no one is around my small town has cut a curly persons hair.
Well, we go to the beutican on Friday so we will see what happens. I am really nervous. But, she is 13 and it is her hair. She won't change the color till she is 18. I don't want her hair tottaly straight. Which I find it had to believe it ever will. She knows that. But, I don't even know if they can loosen up the curl. Has anyone ever done that?