Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #58
CottonCandyCurls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty View Post

Yes lets take another step towards "big brother is watching us" kind of thing. Next thing you know the North American Union will be put into effect and then we will all have RFID chips courtesy of the government to track our every movement. RFID chips are already in use in things like jeans and money, the FDA has already approved the human implantable chip and have been experimenting with it. Yes that is exactly the path this country need to take.
Who said RFID would have to be in the Voter ID card. Should we stop issuing driver's license because of those "big brother" fears. It's kind of silly considering RFID's are already in use. And honestly the government and private companies already can track almost everything you do. For the rest of us who live on the grid, have credit cards and an internet connection, pay our taxes, don't homeschool, etc I don't see how this is a problem. You really would prefer we keep our elections in some litigious banana republic style?
I hope I didn't come off as trying to attack you, I wasn't. I was thinking of the Real ID Act when I posted this, even if there are ways for the gov't to track almost everything you do there are ways around it. I would like to go into more detail but I just can't find the words and how to say them. I guess I'll just leave it at that until I can find a way to gather my thoughts in a cohesive manner.
No you didn't come off as trying to attack me. It's just the hostility of the election and the lack of inflection in online posts. I have no idea how a number of people are actually articulating their thoughts. Feel free to start a new thread about RFID's. They are not my favorite thing either, I'm just trying to balance my idealism with some pragmatism.
CottonCandyCurls is offline   Reply With Quote