View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
MichelleBFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlehead View Post
As far as term limits go, why do you think people continually vote for someone who is no good? Maybe instead of limits, there needs to be more voter education.
I agree. If the majority of people want to make uneducated voting decisions, well then they get what they deserve.

There is so much information available to people on where candidates stand on issues, etc, that there is no reason for anyone to make an uneducated vote.

Perhaps instead of voter education, some critical thinking skills should be taught in our schools. I'm amazed at how many people even here pass on urban legends, etc, without bothering to do a simple a "reality check" first.

Every time I see a WARNING type of thread or email the first thingI do is go check Snopes. At least 75% of the time the WARNING is something that could have been clarified with 30 seconds of googling.

ETA that I think I'm just going to follow you around and agree with you this morning, since that seems to be what i"m doing anyhow.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
MichelleBFT is offline   Reply With Quote