View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #134
curlykristin

sigh...
i hated school
not only did i hate my hair but i was freakishly tall, reaching my current height of 6' in 8th grade. children are cruel cruel. Two things stand out most- although there were plenty more. In about 4th grade this nice girl started a rumor about me that i must have lice living in that nasty head of hair.
Fast forward to 8th grade, this evil girl with beautiful straight hair that i hated and she hated me sat it front of me in class (unavoidable- alpahabetical seating) and would brush her hair all over my desk. One day I said "Stop brushing your hair on my desk" She said "well at least i brush mine- don't you think if you brushed yours it would help?" So I asked my friend "D", can i borrow your brush? and i brushed my hair in class. And then i said- "that was a good idea. I'm glad we met. I would have been lost without you." She was a horrible bully and she never bothered me again. When i think back i was probably the scaryist 8th grader at that school, . I was never a bully, but i never took crap from anyone. I would like to thank my hair for that. I like to think that it made me a bad a$$ at that age. Being 6' tall probably helped too Now, i don't even dignify a rude comment about my hair with a reply. Mostly though the older i get the more people like it. Especially older men!

Hard water!

JR Liggett Shampoo Bar or V05 cowas
Pantene for Women of Color Conditioner
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Kinky Curly Glossing Pomade

curlykristin is offline   Reply With Quote