The shampoo free thing is from a book called Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. A lot of people on this site follow some form of her idea. If your hair is dry then you will benefit from it. The detergents in shampoo dry your hair out, so you don't use it and use alternative ways to keep your scalp clean. I don't use shampoo, only conditioner, brown sugar scrubs, baking soda and lemon juice. She has all kinds of homemade recipes for your hair- which i think you might like, since you are already using olive oil, egg and cinnamon. (what does cinnamon do, just for color? i've never heard of that, curious!)

This is going to be very helpful in Mobile. My mom still lives down there and when i visit the air is so humid it seems like you are walking through water. The more moisture you already have in your hair, the less it can suck up from the atmosphere- cutting down on a lot of frizz.

Although you can pretty much can get all the information about the Curly Girl (CG) method in the forums, it might be helpful to read the book to understand her philosophy(and have answers for those people who are horrified by your shampoo free life). Then it will probably be easier to use the information that you find here. I got my copy at Barnes and Noble but you could also rent it from the library or order it off of amazon. It is about $10.

I like to think that when i wear my hair curly some other curly girl in hiding wil see it and decide to go natural too!
Welcome to NC.com

Kris
3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! Porous and fine.

Hard water!

JR Liggett Shampoo Bar or V05 cowas
Pantene for Women of Color Conditioner
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Kinky Curly Glossing Pomade