View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
thirteenlbs

Default The Sedu Experiment

Okay, okay. I bought a Sedu 1" flat iron. I was curious, okay? Also, my 3B hair in the rear half of my head was doing a shag thing and I needed a cut-- badly. I'll admit, I have never picked my natural hair out, stretched it, or blow- dried it, even. I've been too terrified of ruining my kinks and curls.

I got the Sedu based on the recs on this site, and it seemed to work well-- I washed my hair, added a heat protectant, blew it dry, then sectioned my hair in little pieces. It took the better part of 2 hours, but this flat iron is GREAT! I have these horrible memories of presses and this was nothing like those.

The Sedu got hot really quickly. I tried it on the lowest setting, which basically did nothing for my hair. I was too scared to try it above the next setting. This morning after my workout I had a poofball, so I washed it, but I think I've got the courage to try it on a higher setting now that I've seen that there was no damage to my kinks.

Some things I noticed--the Sedu got pretty hot on the outside-- too hot too touch for any extended period of time. Also, my ends would not seem to straighten no matter what I did.

I'm new at this, so I'm sure I'll figure it all out, but I wanted to share a pretty positive experience overall.