Thanks everybody! You know Michelle, I am leaning towards the DR too. I have been elsewhere in the Caribean, so I feel like I have already had the quintessential "Don't worry mon be happy" vacation. I speak Spanish, and love to use my Spanish when I travel. I love latino people and their food and culture, so I would feel right at home in the DR. I would also love to go to Puerto Rico, but they don't offer flights there. I would love to see Cuba, because my Dad used to live there, but that is not possible now.

As for budget....yeah, we don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I really don't need some fancy resort, because I don't want to spend that much time in a hotel anyway. I am someone who likes to get out and explore. I like to find the restaurants where the locals eat, and wander off the beaten path. I have traveled a lot, especially when I was younger, so I am used to cheap lodging, roughing it a bit, and finding my way in third world countries. I am there for the adventure!

I am currently reading a great historical novel that takes place in the DR: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books