View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #33
blyss_curls

Default Hi mpgirl

HTML Code:
Also, Suzanne Somers' book, Ageless saved my life. Breakthrough is her latest. I'm 50 and I've been on Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for 2 years. 

I lost the weight, sleep 8 hours a night and no more night sweats. I won't even go into the moods things I was going through before. I thought I was losing my mind. Ladies, perimenopause can start in our early to mid-30s. I don't take any pharmaceuticals or OTCs either so what I put into my body is very important to me. 

There are doctors out there who will help. You just have to find them. A good website to search for one is www.acam.org.

You don't have to suffer through perimenopause and be sick. The Ann Louise Gittleman books are excellent as well. Her Detox books helped me get started by giving me a great (and reasonable) way to detox my body before starting on this whole journey.

Sorry this was so long. This topic has become my passion...Good luck to you.
I can relate--I'm passionate about all of this, too! Nice to find a like-minded individual.

Thank you for the rec. on Suzanne Somers--I've got to read her books, as I continually hear how great they are!

Though I'm not officially 'perimenopausal' my symptoms definitely mimicked it. You have no idea how many conventional physicians tried to tell me I was "too young" at the time. My gut told me otherwise, and I got the Anne Louise book--which probably saved my life.

Because of her book, I ordered a saliva test and discovered what was deficient. If I had listened to ob/gyns--they would have given me bcp (which in my case would have exacerbated my symptoms).

From there I was able to find holistic people (a few md's, an np, etc.) that could help. A few years, dollars and doctors later, I'm finally on the path of recovery. I'm most thankful to the alternative and integrative medicine practitioners I found--oh and compounded bio-hrt.

I'm so thankful to live in a time of "options"--choices that weren't available to female relatives before me.

Last edited by blyss_curls; 11-23-2008 at 03:14 AM.
blyss_curls is offline   Reply With Quote