Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and I suppose this is my first real
Anywho, I've been transitioning since the end of March '08 and in the beginning I decided to BC after a year of transitioning. At some point, I got it in my head that I should wait until August or so, maybe to give new growth a year and a half. I think I've changed my BC date depending on what others usually set as theirs and 12, 18, and 24 months seem to be most popular. Recently I've been itching to just go ahead and start chopping, but I don't want to do anything impulsive.
For those of you who transitioned for a set period of time, did you ever get the urge to chop before that date? If you gave into the urge, what was the deciding factor? Just sick of transitioning, sick of two different textures, ready for the "new you", or on impulse? Did you regret it (I usually don't read about too many who have...)? Or did you wish you had let your new hair grow out a little longer?
For those of you who transitioned (or are transitioning) for a set period of time, have gotten the urge to BC but didn't/haven't, what keeps you from doing it? Do you want a certain length before cutting, wanting to learn more about hair care first or you're nervous about BCing?
I'm not sure if I want to BC because its what I really
want, or because I'm impatient (and I know this whole process does take patience!) or just because reading all the posts here makes me jealous I'm not 100% natural yet, lol! I just don't want to regret my decision. So how do you know what is right for you?
And I hope I didn't offend anyone with my reasoning, as I don't think one method is better than another. They are just the pros and cons of BCing or waiting that go through my own head.